Looking for advice, brown spots and stunted growth. Thank you!

• Thread starter Nedzter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nedzter

Nedzter

Looking for advice brown spots and stunted growth thank you

Looking for advice brown spots and stunted growth thank you 3

Looking for advice brown spots and stunted growth thank you 2

Looking for a little help from some more experienced growers, leaning towards Cal deficiency. Opinions please?
-This is an MK Ultra Fem seed, photos over a 3 day period showing brown spots taking over from 1/9, 1/10, and this morning 1/11.
-Been under 24/0 light with 250 PPFD from HLG QB
-60-70% RH consistently
-75-80 Degrees F
-Grown in coco/perlite, started in rapid rooter. Coco was buffered twice with 1.2 EC of GH Cali Magic for 8 hours each time, then brought to 0.1 EC with RO water flush before planting
-Watered twice daily with RO water as base, GH Flora Trio and Cali Magic to 20-30% runoff, PH kept around 6-6.4 inflow and runoff
-Nutes so far:
1/8 220PPM with 120PPM of Cali Mag, the rest a 2/1/1 ratio of Micro, Gro, Bloom
1/9 270PPM with 150PPM Cali Mag, rest 2/1/1 Micro, Gro, Bloom
1/10 330 PPM with 170PPM Cali Mag, rest 2/1/1, 2nd watering was 370 PPM with 200PPM Cali Mag, rest 2/1/1
1/11 First watering was 400PPM all Cali Mag.

Any opinions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

coherent

coherent

Hard to say.... looks like you're doing everything right. Maybe splashed a little of the nute/water on them when watering and it burned them? I'd continue same and watch them. I have had issues when using jiffy pellets to start seedlings. You obviously can't water and feed the same as just plain coco/perlite. They retain water and I've had root issues and stunted growth and browning leaves. You buffered the coco but assuming not the rapid rooter. I haven't used rapid rooters so not sure if they are the same as the jiffy, but if they are peat could be a factor. I have always sprouted the seeds in a paper towel and then planted directly in buffered coco/perlite in a solo cup. Then cal-mag and very light nute/water mix once a day (4-5 oz) for the first couple weeks. Never had an issue that way. I know some have had success with the peat pellets and such but I have had more issues than success with them.

Nedzter

Nedzter

Thank you both. I buffed the coco but not the rapid rooter, and I avoid watering the rapid rooter/splashing the plant as much as possible. This is my first time with the rooters and 1st attempt at coco and not having great luck. May try the next seed without the rooter and hope for the best, or head back to trusty DWC.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
wet/dry! cycle..
no nutrients are needed until the 2 small round cotyledons leaves turn yellow and die, that’s a sign the the seedling has used up the nutrients it came with to start life!
pretty basic..

Madbudder

Madbudder

Pitching in my 2 cents from what I’ve learned/heard. I started with synthetic nutes, I then went to organic liquid nutes and then got to the point I just used organic loaded soil.

Fabric pots are my go to choice now as I find personally it is more difficult to over water and you have more of a feel on how moist it is.

ive been told previously to only start applying nutrients after the first to second set of true leaves. Just like the OP was saying about the two small single leaves turning yellow.

personally after switching to organic I find I am not buying 6-7 bottles of base and additives holding a syringe in my hand while aiming for a ph of 6.5 and 6.8. I apply dry ammendments and myke/Myko when needed and the plant pigs out when it wants to. this is a pic of my HawAii Maui Waui and all I did was plant it into a 3 gallon and into a 7 and I have not applied anything at all.

I do believe there is some extra goodies I could have added but I am still learning soil recipes and which seems to be the best eco system.In my personal opinion it’s better to feed the soil and not the plant, the plants happy your making food available and not fist feeding it McDonald’s. Also if the medium isn’t over saturated with organic material you technically don’t need to flush as the plant will come to its own terms when she’s lived a full life.

I think this method cuts down on a lot of trouble.But the con to organic growing I believe is slower but well worth it based on smoke and taste if done properly.

Not to late to go organic!
anyways just thought I’d drop my story lol

E61A9BD2 4CC0 4DEA AFC9 B6D6488FECF7
Hsilvas81

Hsilvas81

That's exactly what happened to mine. Added nutes way too early. Learned the hard way. Harder lesson with Autoflowers.

freezeland2

freezeland2

250ppfd for 24hrs is a bunch of light for that seedling. I’d cut it in half for 18/6.

Top Bottom