Looking for advice humidity sky high

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

just 2 cents from a know nothing newb here, but what is the temp and humidity at in the lung room with lights off?
it appears to be a room made from brick/concrete which both will absorb tons of humidity when warm and then release it when it cools.

on a side note, i have a cousin in the UK.
his name is graham, do you know him?
lol
Not sure pal I'd have to check tomorrow as for Graham yeah possibly 😂

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Not sure pal I'd have to check tomorrow as for Graham yeah possibly 😂
Not sure why it's so high but I do know when lights go out your humidity will jump by usually at least 10 percent, I believe this is due to lower temps not being able to hold as much moisture as warmer air.
What I do is set my dehumidifier to come on at lights off

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Not sure why it's so high but I do know when lights go out your humidity will jump by usually at least 10 percent, I believe this is due to lower temps not being able to hold as much moisture as warmer air.
What I do is set my dehumidifier to come on at lights off
This is I think my 4th grow in this cellar bud and I've never had to use a dehumidifier and I've never had this issue with the humidity, also if my humidity was at 60 % at my lowest 90% at the highest, then wouldn't everything be damp in my cellar ? And wouldn't I have condensation on the tent walls ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This is I think my 4th grow in this cellar bud and I've never had to use a dehumidifier and I've never had this issue with the humidity, also if my humidity was at 60 % at my lowest 90% at the highest, then wouldn't everything be damp in my cellar ? And wouldn't I have condensation on the tent walls ?
Yes I think it would be obvious if your basement was 90%. You would be in a full out battle against pm and fungi. You can smell it too.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I've definitely had mine go into the 80s with no moisture on the walls that I ever noticed

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Yes I think it would be obvious if your basement was 90%. You would be in a full out battle against pm and fungi. You can smell it too.
This is what ive been thinking bud and I've had/got no mould or fungi before, and everything smells fine, think I just need to purchase a brand new decent thermometer, but don't wanna spend a fortune, any recommendations from anyone ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This is what ive been thinking bud and I've had/got no mould or fungi before, and everything smells fine, think I just need to purchase a brand new decent thermometer, but don't wanna spend a fortune, any recommendations from anyone ?
I like SensorPush

Here is mine right now

EE081716 B42C 4486 BDD6 E943967C9963

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

SensorPush HT1 Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer for iPhone/Android. USA Developed and Supported Humidity/Temperature/Dewpoint/VPD Monitor/Logger. Indoor/Outdoor Smart Sensor with Alerts https://a.co/d/2AWhDSq

Edit sorry for formatting on mobile

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Also pulsepeet is a supporter here and his system measures co2 if you are interested. He does giveaways and you get one free if you win potm.
Thanks pal I'll take a look and yeah I'm planning on entering potm in a couple of week or maybe next month Ince these have started putting some weight on, I talk to brettdawg on here that just won the last one, made me rather jealous 😂 nah just joking fair play to the guy you've gotta be in it to win it

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Thanks pal I'll take a look and yeah I'm planning on entering potm in a couple of week or maybe next month Ince these have started putting some weight on, I talk to brettdawg on here that just won the last one, made me rather jealous 😂 nah just joking fair play to the guy you've gotta be in it to win it
One more thing bud, do you think it could be anything to do with my watering frequency ? Over watering ? As I'm feeding 3 times a day only till 15 - 20 % run off

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

One more thing bud, do you think it could be anything to do with my watering frequency ? Over watering ? As I'm feeding 3 times a day only till 15 - 20 % run off
Also I collect all the run off in trays, test the ec and dispose of it straight away so there's not stagnant water just sitting there hours on end

D

dean1963

once again, from a dumbass newb.
isn't the UK going thru a heatwave and humidity spike right now?
i know i have to use the dehumidifier when RH hits 85+ here

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

once again, from a dumbass newb.
isn't the UK going thru a heatwave and humidity spike right now?
i know i have to use the dehumidifier when RH hits 85+ here
This could be part of it for sure. Maybe the sensors are only off by 20 points and it really is getting over 70%at night.

Top Bottom