Looking for advice on improvements that I can make to my tent

• Thread starter lawliet555
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lawliet555

lawliet555

I am looking for advice on what I can do to improve my current grow tent set up, below are some pictures and a list of my current setup.
  • Location: Calgary (Very low humidity), Detached Underground heated garage, Outside tent temps are usually 5°c-15°c
  • Current Plants: Canuck Seeds, Do-Si-Dos
  • Tent: 48"x24"x60"
  • Light: Viperspectra, 2000W LED Grow Light, with Bloom and Veg Switch
  • Heat: 1500 Watt Oscillating Ceramic Space Heater & Temperature Controller
  • Humidity: 2 Mist makers running in a Rubbermaid tub of water attached to the air intake port on the tent & Humidity Controller
  • Fans: 2 clip on fans inside of tent, 4" Inline fan running out of the tent and through a passive heat exchanger

2020-07-16 08.56.56.jpg
2020-07-16 08.57.09.jpg
2020-07-16 08.58.32.jpg
2020-07-16 08.59.09.jpg

Thanks for any advice and recommendations.

Looking for advice on improvements that i can make to my tent 3
Looking for advice on improvements that i can make to my tent 5
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Honestly I would get a better light,, those burples are outdated, theres much better leds to be had! :D

Check the forum for different grows and what people are using, some are using higher end commerical grade LEDs and some are using cheaper chinese made home grow types like what https://www.spider-farmer.com/ sells.

Outside of that you seem to have everything you will need!! :D

And im not saying that blurple won't work, but you asked for improvements ;)

@SpiderFarmerLED

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Looks well set up... I suggest lowering the light a few inches per day until you get about 12 inches above canopy Or start to see stress

cheers

lawliet555

lawliet555

LittleDabbie said:
Honestly I would get a better light,, those burples are outdated, theres much better leds to be had! :D

Check the forum for different grows and what people are using, some are using higher end commerical grade LEDs and some are using cheaper chinese made home grow types like what https://www.spider-farmer.com/ sells.

Outside of that you seem to have everything you will need!! :D

And im not saying that blurple won't work, but you asked for improvements ;)
Thanks for the advice, How much yield gain would you normall expect to gain from switching from a blurple to an equivalent Wattage higher end LED?
Greenjourneyman said:
Looking good man. The lower the better with those LED panels.
The panel that I am currently running is a 2000W equivalent at full veg, Would it be ok for the plants to have it put fairly close to them?

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

@lawliet555 some 1000 and 2000w advertised lights are actual 100-300w, can you link the exact light?
The light looks big and the Plants look good Too

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks good man. Make sure to water the entire media and give a good wet dry cycle.

Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’m using a VA 600w in my 2x2x5 over my solo cup challenge grow full spectrum light , I’m impressed by its performance , it’s my first LED grow and I’m not a official on any light but glad I got the Viparspectra for my first led no nonsense grow . I’ll put pics up later today when lights are on . Od

Top Bottom