Looking for advice on newbie grow

• Thread starter BlazedonBlades
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I mean no disrespect but I have to strongly disagree with you on the flushing. Flushing is ABSOLUTELY needed the last 2 weeks. To have a grow without it.. you.. WILL.. have a much harsher smoke. The kinda smoke that chokes, scratches the throat, gets you coughing even when you have barely taken in any smoke at all. I have seen the research done on it with them saying it makes no difference. But they.. from what it seemed.. only do chemical tests. I've never seen a study with like.. 200 or more people on a blind study, testing a control (such as a thc inhaler or something along those lines), an unflushed bud, and a properly flushed bud. But as far as me and MANY other people who have tried both.. it is scratchy, chokey, and just all around HARSH as all hell when you smoke bud that wasn't flushed. Just my two cents.
ok but nope, all strains ive grown are smooth, taste great, get stoned for hours, and all my friends have told me this for yrs as i’m 55 yrs old and have been in the business since i was 19.. the truth is improper dry and cure is causing bad taste etc.. anyhoo you do it your way and i’ll do it mine.. no need to mess up this growers thread by going on and on..
start a thread about it if you want ok.. thanks..

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

Hahaha yes it sure does confuse me too. They must be auto flowers then...I have no idea, I just learned that photo and auto was a thing yesterday. When we started growing them they were in sunlight all day, its sunny here in Phoenix pretty much 100% of the time. We put them in half shaded area say 3 weeks ago because the leaves were looking heat damaged and they have been doing well from what I can tell so far.

I've been flushing it for the last 3 months lol all I do is water it...so do I need to do something different? Water more often? Because that miracle gro is still in the roots...?
Well first off.. you NEVER want to over water your plant. However you CAN do a practice run and try watering it a bit extra.. say.. if you water once a day, do it again a second time same day. And only do this the last 3 days or so. I say last 3 days because you don't want to cause an over watering problem during your last month of growing. Crucial crucial time this is. So like.. when you DO do it.. just keep an eye on them. Expect the leaves to look like you watered them.. a bit longer (the look of hanging) than usual.

Fairytalez

Fairytalez

ok but nope, all strains ive grown are smooth, taste great, get stoned for hours, and all my friends have told me this for yrs as i’m 55 yrs old and have been in the business since i was 19.. the truth is improper dry and cure is causing bad taste etc.. anyhoo you do it your way and i’ll do it mine.. no need to mess up this growers thread by going on and on..
start a thread about it if you want ok.. thanks..
Hey I actually agree with ya bud. On the one hand.. I don't wanna steer anyone wrong. And on the other.. we're potheads, none of us wanna fight lol

BlazedonBlades

BlazedonBlades

the truth is improper dry and cure is causing bad taste
The drying and curing process overwhelm me...I had no idea there was so much information about those steps...I thought you just hang it up to dry then voila ready to smoke! Lol

7munkee

7munkee

The drying and curing process overwhelm me...I had no idea there was so much information about those steps...I thought you just hang it up to dry then voila ready to smoke! Lol
Don't stress it too much. Just try to keep it cool and dark with good airflow. takes 7 -10 day in most conditions. Then seal it in a jar for two weeks or more and burp it by removing the lid for a few minuities each day. I cure mine for 3 weeks before I smoke it.

BlazedonBlades

BlazedonBlades

Don't stress it too much. Just try to keep it cool and dark with good airflow. takes 7 -10 day in most conditions. Then seal it in a jar for two weeks or more and burp it by removing the lid for a few minuities each day. I cure mine for 3 weeks before I smoke it.
Do you check and keep the humidity at a certain point when curing? Is 80 degrees cool enough when drying? That's what the temp is set to in my house, 75 overnight.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Do you check and keep the humidity at a certain point when curing? Is 80 degrees cool enough when drying? That's what the temp is set to in my house, 75 overnight.
80 geezus no, well you could but no..
ideally depending if you can control it or not is where you start.. darkness and fresh air flow in room are important, me with buds on branches and 90% of fan leaves cut off, i’ll hang branches for 2 weeks or almost at temp 60-65, humidity at start for 3 days 55-60, than till finish 60-65.. trim and jar.. keep in dark and away from heat..

BlazedonBlades

BlazedonBlades

80 geezus no, well you could but no..
ideally depending if you can control it or not is where you start.. darkness and fresh air flow in room are important, me with buds on branches and 90% of fan leaves cut off, i’ll hang branches for 2 weeks or almost at temp 60-65, humidity at start for 3 days 55-60, than till finish 60-65.. trim and jar.. keep in dark and away from heat

Yeah I can't keep it lower than 80 during the day

7munkee

7munkee

I have a similar problem. My tent is currently 85 Fahrenheit and I am 3 weeks from chop. I can dry in the basement, but I am afraid of mold.

I may have to break down and install my AC. I'd use it now to grow, but I am not sure if my circuit can take an Air C conditioner in addition to my fans and light.

It's a 20 amp fuse and my entire upstairs runs from it.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Plants look good. Congratulations! :) As for the color of the trichomes. They are premature if ALL are just sorta milky. Soon they will start turning amber color. Harvest when 25% of your trichromes on the plants have turned amber. ALSO! Make sure to do a flush your last 2 weeks of growing.
Man....talk about pushin it!
I hope it finishes 4 them soon. Really need a x30 or stronger microscope to really tell tho

Top Bottom