Looking For Advice

• Thread starter rtisdale5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rtisdale5

good morning everybody, I work for a company that makes IoT devices (sensors/monitoring system) we do all our own R&D and development and are interested in designing a solution specific to the Cannabis industry. I was wondering if any of you had any advice on what the most important aspects of monitoring growing is in the industry? For example is price the more important than accuracy of measurement, also what would be the most important thing to measure to help with optimizing growth. Thanks for the advice in advance!good morning everybody, I work for a company that makes IoT devices (sensors/monitoring system) we do all our own R&D and development and are interested in designing a solution specific to the Cannabis industry. I was wondering if any of you had any advice on what the most important aspects of monitoring growing is in the industry? For example is price the more important than accuracy of measurement, also what would be the most important thing to measure to help with optimizing growth. Thanks for the advice in advance!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
good morning everybody, I work for a company that makes IoT devices (sensors/monitoring system) we do all our own R&D and development and are interested in designing a solution specific to the Cannabis industry. I was wondering if any of you had any advice on what the most important aspects of monitoring growing is in the industry? For example is price the more important than accuracy of measurement, also what would be the most important thing to measure to help with optimizing growth. Thanks for the advice in advance!good morning everybody, I work for a company that makes IoT devices (sensors/monitoring system) we do all our own R&D and development and are interested in designing a solution specific to the Cannabis industry. I was wondering if any of you had any advice on what the most important aspects of monitoring growing is in the industry? For example is price the more important than accuracy of measurement, also what would be the most important thing to measure to help with optimizing growth. Thanks for the advice in advance!

Temperature, Relative Humidity, Vapor Pressure Deficit, Co2, and for hydro, reservoir temp, pH and PPM.

And, at this point in the industry, in my opinion, an affordable system over a highly accurate one. If that's even possible.

R

rtisdale5

Temperature, Relative Humidity, Vapor Pressure Deficit, Co2, and for hydro, reservoir temp, pH and PPM.

And, at this point in the industry, in my opinion, an affordable system over a highly accurate one. If that's even possible.
Thanks for the feed back greatly appreciated

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
you are a day late and many dollas short if you want into this arena. There are many heavy hitters way ahead of you. just my .2cents It would also help if you want in, to at least upfront have an idea of what growers need and not ask some random folks in a online forum. Just sayn

Good luck in your journey. :D

R

rtisdale5

you are a day late and many dollas short if you want into this arena. There are many heavy hitters way ahead of you. just my .2cents It would also help if you want in, to at least upfront have an idea of what growers need and not ask some random folks in a online forum. Just sayn

Good luck in your journey. :D

well were very big in greenhouse growing in the netherlands not cannabis but flowers and indoor vegetable growing. We already have the typical sensors, temp humidity C02 soil moisture PAR etc but if theres no opportunity for us thats good to know ;)

souf69

souf69

Welcome to the pharm! As stated already there is alot of folks with lotta bells and whistles, does not mean you cant develop something at little more dialed in. Maybe a machine that monitors vpd and controls it to your choice. Then again it might be made already but food for thought. Lotta products out there for fans, temp, watering, humidity, etc. Happy development and r and d to ya!

H

hawkman

here are a few very good magazine's you can get free: Cannabis Business Times and Cannabis Dispensary both are very infomative one is geared to the business of and the other cultivation of

R

rtisdale5

Welcome to the pharm! As stated already there is alot of folks with lotta bells and whistles, does not mean you cant develop something at little more dialed in. Maybe a machine that monitors vpd and controls it to your choice. Then again it might be made already but food for thought. Lotta products out there for fans, temp, watering, humidity, etc. Happy development and r and d to ya!
greatly appreciated thanks!

R

rtisdale5

thanks for the feedback i apprecaite it

Phylex

Phylex

Here's an idea for you. Develop a mounting device for lights that measures PAR and the distance the light is from the top of the plants. Your mounting device will automatically self adjust to the optimal height. It will self adjust the light distance as the plants grows to remain at the optimal height for plant growth and efficiency. You can thank me later with royalties.

Top Bottom