Looking for advice

• Thread starter Mazeblue1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
You'll be fine. DWC recovers scary fast.
And you should be able to rig up a scrog net. I've seen people make the frames out of 1/2" PVC for tents before. You will absolutely need some form of support. If not a net.. something, otherwise those heavy hydro buds will be laying on the floor in a month. lol

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

LOL... once you scrog in, you're done peeking.... 😁 unless you are very, very careful... but as you indicated... the risk is high that damage will happen.
Because my space is so small I started testing ph/ec by lifting the lid and also keeping an eye on my root system BUT I guess I’m definitely going to need support so I will have to stop doing that I guess..

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Wouldn’t my tent poles suffice?
LOL... once you scrog in, you're done peeking.... 😁 unless you are very, very careful... but as you indicated... the risk is high that damage will happen.

View attachment 978415
just as I was getting ready to set up I realized..I have to take these buckets out once a week to clean and refill how in the world will that work??? I think I may have to come up with another way of supporting my future buds..ugh

DDBFAF0D 3EF6 4181 BB04 C3A7AB3653B4
ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

Wouldn’t my tent poles suffice?

just as I was getting ready to set up I realized..I have to take these buckets out once a week to clean and refill how in the world will that work??? I think I may have to come up with another way of supporting my future buds..ugh
Honestly man, I know its ur first grow n all, as u get a couple more u will figure out the trucks and what not I need to know for your particular set up.. one option you do have, is making some sort of access hole down thru ur media, I've seen ppl use a piece of pvc,or u can abort the entire fresh swap out Rez idea, go ahead and scrog it, as long as ur able to lift it just enough to see what u have in there, you probably could just top off every week instead of doing an entire change, it's not "ideal" bit I can tell you with absolute certainty you can go the entire flowering cycle without actually swapping your Rez. I had to do it once. I just let my plant drink waaaaaaay more then normal before I topped it off to the point where there was only about 1/4-1/2" of somution left.
Like I said it's not ideal, but if u have faith I. Your nite mixing abilities u can get it down pretty easy. Doesn't the root spa have tube for a solution sight level? I thought they did, u could pretty much do an entire Rez swalt just draining from that and then on ur refill just go about it like ur topfeeding.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Honestly man, I know its ur first grow n all, as u get a couple more u will figure out the trucks and what not I need to know for your particular set up.. one option you do have, is making some sort of access hole down thru ur media, I've seen ppl use a piece of pvc,or u can abort the entire fresh swap out Rez idea, go ahead and scrog it, as long as ur able to lift it just enough to see what u have in there, you probably could just top off every week instead of doing an entire change, it's not "ideal" bit I can tell you with absolute certainty you can go the entire flowering cycle without actually swapping your Rez. I had to do it once. I just let my plant drink waaaaaaay more then normal before I topped it off to the point where there was only about 1/4-1/2" of somution left.
Like I said it's not ideal, but if u have faith I. Your nite mixing abilities u can get it down pretty easy. Doesn't the root spa have tube for a solution sight level? I thought they did, u could pretty much do an entire Rez swalt just draining from that and then on ur refill just go about it like ur topfeeding.
I’m working on a solution. The problem with the aqua root sight level is draining it because they are on the ground so I’m trying to find something (buckets maybe) to set them on but that raises them pretty high and not sure my tent is tall enough to raise the lights high enough especially not knowing how tall the plants or buds will get.. would be a lot easier if my tent had a back door also! I may just take out my in-line fan and carbon filter since I have found I don’t really need either.

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

I’m working on a solution. The problem with the aqua root sight level is draining it because they are on the ground so I’m trying to find something (buckets maybe) to set them on but that raises them pretty high and not sure my tent is tall enough to raise the lights high enough especially not knowing how tall the plants or buds will get.. would be a lot easier if my tent had a back door also! I may just take out my in-line fan and carbon filter since I have found I don’t really need either.
I just looked at the message u responded.too, hopelly u could decipher that shit lol damn I have to start proof reading stuff..I did a couple grows in just 5 gallon buckets with the 8"net pot bucket lids and from there I ended up just building an entire new recirculating system partly for the same reasons you stated in your question. But like I TRIED. To say u will figure out which tricks and hacks work best for you, to still have Access to your buckets maybe just stake them if ur really gonna need the support I actually know a bunch of growers that use stakes and avoid scrogging like the plague just to keep their access to their plants without having to fight with a net trying to get under them. Both scrogging and using stakes ha e been proven very effective but when it all boils down, the only thing that matters with any technique no matter what it is, is that it works best for the grower. Who knows next year everyone could be on here trying "the new thing" you came up with trying to figure out what to do with what u have now, just remember as long as it works well for u there isn't any wrong or right way to do shit. I guarantee some pplwould see some of the crazy shit I do and swear I was clueless lol but it's all trial and not so much error, but trial and tweak.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

I just looked at the message u responded.too, hopelly u could decipher that shit lol damn I have to start proof reading stuff..I did a couple grows in just 5 gallon buckets with the 8"net pot bucket lids and from there I ended up just building an entire new recirculating system partly for the same reasons you stated in your question. But like I TRIED. To say u will figure out which tricks and hacks work best for you, to still have Access to your buckets maybe just stake them if ur really gonna need the support I actually know a bunch of growers that use stakes and avoid scrogging like the plague just to keep their access to their plants without having to fight with a net trying to get under them. Both scrogging and using stakes ha e been proven very effective but when it all boils down, the only thing that matters with any technique no matter what it is, is that it works best for the grower. Who knows next year everyone could be on here trying "the new thing" you came up with trying to figure out what to do with what u have now, just remember as long as it works well for u there isn't any wrong or right way to do shit. I guarantee some pplwould see some of the crazy shit I do and swear I was clueless lol but it's all trial and not so much error, but trial and tweak.
Haha well I did have to read your responses a few times lol but I don’t judge and am not part of the infamous social media grammar police😂😂 but am thinking about staking also that seems much easier. My future grows I am definitely getting out of this tent and most likely will dedicate an entire room to this. The ergonomics seem to be a big point for me and this setup has my back aching like hell haha. I like to work smarter not harder for sure!

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

Haha well I did have to read your responses a few times lol but I don’t judge and am not part of the infamous social media grammar police😂😂 but am thinking about staking also that seems much easier. My future grows I am definitely getting out of this tent and most likely will dedicate an entire room to this. The ergonomics seem to be a big point for me and this setup has my back aching like hell haha. I like to work smarter not harder for sure!
Yeah man for real, smarter is always a good thing, ur back will def appreciate that😆 keep up the good work bro, looks like ur Killin it , I'm excited to see the outcome! There's a shitload of ppl that do this sort of stuff on Instagram too, not sure if u have an ig account but the more brains to pick the better! Happy growing bro!

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Tips are looking burned and they look pretty yellow.. my water level is dropping, ec is static at 1.8ish, ph is static or slightly rising all of which I have read is a good thing but...

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Tips are looking burned and they look pretty yellow.. my water level is dropping, ec is static at 1.8ish, ph is static or slightly rising all of which I have read is a good thing but...

My girls looks similar, one is worse than the others. I’ve been searching for answers as well

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Someone posted this recently boomgagem which makes me think it’s ok but I’m still worried

543FFD9A 47B5 4140 930D 15654A9C8AC8
boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
That’s good info. I’m in coco, so it may be a little different for me, but my girls look a little worse than yours. I honestly think yours looks very good!!

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

That’s good info. I’m in coco, so it may be a little different for me, but my girls look a little worse than yours. I honestly think yours looks very good!!
Hmmm.. ok maybe it’s just me then

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

EC is high. I never go over 1.5 personally, usually closer to 1-1.3. What's the runoff ec?
I'd drop the feed rate back significantly.
1.5 really? My hydroponic research feed chart says to stay in a 1.5-1.8 ec level and I kept them on the low end and gradually went up from there.. I can definitely bring that down though if that’s what you think it is

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

1.5 really? My hydroponic research feed chart says to stay in a 1.5-1.8 ec level and I kept them on the low end and gradually went up from there.. I can definitely bring that down though if that’s what you think it is
I'm the same as @Dirtbag IME never need over 700ish you have to go by the plants not the charts. Feeding more is easy. I would say with upmost confidence over 75% over the issues we see here are due to over feeding. Almost anyone with experience will tell you those feedcharts are not what you want to go by.

Top Bottom