Looking for advice

• Thread starter Mazeblue1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
teejacks

teejacks

an idea for a scrog net, that is somewhat moveable up and down and really cheap and easy. i just took zip ties and placed them around the poles of the tent and attached to a net the size of tent. not too tight so i could slide each corner up gently. its not the strongest, but it will hold your buds where you want them weekly. good luck

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

1.5 really? My hydroponic research feed chart says to stay in a 1.5-1.8 ec level and I kept them on the low end and gradually went up from there.. I can definitely bring that down though if that’s what you think it is
One thing I will notice is going by almost every single companies recommended doses on anything, u can pretty much just grab any bottle and it will hold true. They are all very high, it's always better to start off at a lower dose of everything, and ease ur way in, just keep an eye on what ur plants are telling you. It's better to have a slightly weaker dose and still be able to add if u need to, the. Start off and the recommended doses off rip and burn the shit out of everything. Either way u can still carrectnit if u burn them, but seeing the tips all crispy as fuk will haunt u every time u peek in The door
I'm the same as @Dirtbag IME never need over 700ish you have to go by the plants not the charts. Feeding more is easy. I would say with upmost confidence over 75% over the issues we see here are due to over feeding. Almost anyone with experience will tell you those feedcharts are not what you want to go by.
Good post, I typed a msg out and guess I forgot to post it but u took the words right outa my mouth 90% atleast, of all the recommended doses on the nute bottles or.websites are waaaay off always start light and seenwhat your plants tell u and go from there.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

T
an idea for a scrog net, that is somewhat moveable up and down and really cheap and easy. i just took zip ties and placed them around the poles of the tent and attached to a net the size of tent. not too tight so i could slide each corner up gently. its not the strongest, but it will hold your buds where you want them weekly. good luck
hanks! Good idea!

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

So I just dropped them from high 1.8👀👀to about 1.6 for now which was quite a lot of work and tomorrow will drop lower my back went out this am from 3 months of bending over and lifting these heavy buckets at awkward positions in this horrible tent set up..I will shoot for 1.3 I suppose, I should have known the company’s feed chart would be high to sell more product 😡thanks a million for all the help!!!👏👏👏

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So I just dropped them from high 1.8👀👀to about 1.6 for now which was quite a lot of work and tomorrow will drop lower my back went out this am from 3 months of bending over and lifting these heavy buckets at awkward positions in this horrible tent set up..I will shoot for 1.3 I suppose, I should have known the company’s feed chart would be high to sell more product 😡thanks a million for all the help!!!👏👏👏
Sorry to hear about your back mate I know your pain I hope it comes good soon , when my back goes I practice the Bowen method ....... walk with. bow in you back till you can walk straight ...... I servilely ruined my back with 20 lt buckets slipped 2 discs and pinched the nerves I was out for 2 months that’s when I got my wife to take over growing for both of us we had a great crop of NL#5 going she stepped up and drove the bus like Keith Moon from the Who , do you have anyone that can help with the lifting ? Regards Od .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For ease and back saving. May I recommend that you look into RDWC? All you would need is about a 300gph pump, res (HDX tote), bulkhead and PVC pipe. It's a game changer for hydro. I can't imagine doing single buckets. All the work... Drain, fill, testing, nutrient adjustments can be done outside the tent.never need to lift a lid again. I can help you with details if you like.

If you stay with that... Get yourself a python water changer. It will help you quite a bit.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Sorry to hear about your back mate I know your pain I hope it comes good soon , when my back goes I practice the Bowen method ....... walk with. bow in you back till you can walk straight ...... I servilely ruined my back with 20 lt buckets slipped 2 discs and pinched the nerves I was out for 2 months that’s when I got my wife to take over growing for both of us we had a great crop of NL#5 going she stepped up and drove the bus like Keith Moon from the Who , do you have anyone that can help with the lifting ? Regards Od .
Thanks man I have never had an issue with my back but it has been sore as hell for a month and I should have paid better attention to what it was telling me I hope it’s not serious! Besides this I have a vegetable garden, and just renovated my house and tons of outdoor work so I’ve really been pushing it.I’m sorry to hear about your pain, that is awful!! Luckily I have an amazing wife also who just stepped in and helped I see her getting more involved now as well.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

For ease and back saving. May I recommend that you look into RDWC? All you would need is about a 300gph pump, res (HDX tote), bulkhead and PVC pipe. It's a game changer for hydro. I can't imagine doing single buckets. All the work... Drain, fill, testing, nutrient adjustments can be done outside the tent.never need to lift a lid again. I can help you with details if you like.

If you stay with that... Get yourself a python water changer. It will help you quite a bit.
That is definitely something I am interested in! Unfortunately with this virus we have both been out of work for months and that’s after we bought a house and property and sunk everything into it with a full renovation so when money starts coming in again I have an outbuilding with tons of potential and that sounds like a great way to go!

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

Man it's starting to sound like this is a social distancing physical therapy session😆 DNT feel bad man I just re injured my back as well, originally, got run over 2 times at a Halloween party years back. Turns out thinking if you just stand behind your angry gf's car does not at allean she won't drive over you to leave anyways lol. Then got a damn infection in my bone marrow and shattered the top 6 from swelling.
Good thing I ha e toouch drive to every give up, and the Dr actually told me he thought the only reason I was still here is because I'm Waaaaaaaay to stubborn to die. ANYWAYS...., ONEDROP!! ISNT TODAY THE DAY THE BEER CUPS GET FLIPPED!? I totally forgot to post all the pics of my newly labeled beer cups too, weekend is here I better tighten up.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Oh man I really know where your coming , I work as a Landscaper gardener we pull 10to 12hr days then come home and garden in my yard till dark , got 2 rooms in Reno mode , and a I’m slowly working my back yard into our food bowl , there’s never enough time in my day to even have a crap , guys like us just can’t sit down and do nothing . Great to hear you have a supa wife mine says behind every good man there’s a better wife .......

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
If you want to lift the plants out of buckets using a screen build it out of 1/2 "PVC you will have to build one for every bucket and attach then to the net pot lid lift the lid lift the plants.

Mine are taken apart for now till my bbs get into flower.

I dont use ec values I use ppms and my critical kush and alcolpolco gold were hungry pigs had my ppms around 1300.

Also after the 4th week of flower I stopped changing water till flush so dont warty about having to keep up with changes up to you and when I started my flush my water was still crystal clear.

Just my experience obviously every strain will have different needs, but yours look good I'd be proud to have grown them. But veg is the easy part mod flower is the real test.

Good luck

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Man it's starting to sound like this is a social distancing physical therapy session😆 DNT feel bad man I just re injured my back as well, originally, got run over 2 times at a Halloween party years back. Turns out thinking if you just stand behind your angry gf's car does not at allean she won't drive over you to leave anyways lol. Then got a damn infection in my bone marrow and shattered the top 6 from swelling.
Good thing I ha e toouch drive to every give up, and the Dr actually told me he thought the only reason I was still here is because I'm Waaaaaaaay to stubborn to die. ANYWAYS...., ONEDROP!! ISNT TODAY THE DAY THE BEER CUPS GET FLIPPED!? I totally forgot to post all the pics of my newly labeled beer cups too, weekend is here I better tighten up.
You must have dressed up as the invisible man😂 damn that’s crazy man!

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

ThEm4DSc13_TiSt

Hey man I meant the shit before tho, weather it be another beer cups challenge or something of the sort, if we can get a few ppl to climb on board man I would definitely throw up a couple of those lights as a first and or second place type of deal, I need to make some room Anyways, and it sounds like it would be fun, open for ideas in what said contest rules might entail. Im down for whatever tho just gotta get a few more ppl on board too.. what were the seeds u were talking about? I actually might be interested in a few for a little breeding side project I have going?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I think we reck our back at some time if you grow in pots I’ve gone to 5 lt pots and only fill them with 4 lots of medium mix , it Was the only smart thing I did that , what a fool I was ... yep I flipped my clones I got pics n video up on the challenge thread .

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I had an idea for small tent space issues.

I have yet to work it thru to actual production but what if you cut small holes in your tent bottom and mount the tent on the buckets? So the buckets are out side the tent and just the plants are inside.

If you can picture that! Helps the height issues with a short tent.

What I've done with my 2.5x2.5x4h tent is lay it on its side with the door facing up in veg I dont need height I need footprint working well for me so far

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hey man I meant the shit before tho, weather it be another beer cups challenge or something of the sort, if we can get a few ppl to climb on board man I would definitely throw up a couple of those lights as a first and or second place type of deal, I need to make some room Anyways, and it sounds like it would be fun, open for ideas in what said contest rules might entail. Im down for whatever tho just gotta get a few more ppl on board too.. what were the seeds u were talking about? I actually might be interested in a few for a little breeding side project I have going?
It’s open for anyone to join at any time , seed run drop seed in solo cup no soaking or transplants get 3 weeks veg from the first set of true leaves run till it’s finished , clone run veg 1 week from transplant , flip to 12/12 run till it’s finished pretty simple guys just mark n date you cups it up to the grower to be honest and transparent with the grow . Good luck let’s have some fun . Yep I’ll put up a
seed lot to go to the winner n runners up how’s that sound . Od

Top Bottom