Looking for assessment of LST attempt ☺️

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi all. Have posted my new grow in a few other threads and got great help, just looking for some feedback on my LST skills. Only started tying two so far, the other two have taken a little longer to recover from topping. I'm using really thick rubber tie wire, not a lot of tension on these. Looking to pull the shoots that are getting above down and to the side of the fan leaves at the top.

Have decided I'm not using those two big fan leaves on the girl I trimmed as an indicator of health. They are a little damaged and tend to flop while the new growth just looks amazing. Can't afford to trim them though I don't think they're my last big fan leaves on that one.

Pretty happy with how they all look but keen for any tips or anything I may be doing wrong with my training. Cheers all.

Looking for assessment of lst attempt
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 2
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 3
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 4
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 5
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 6
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 7
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 8
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 9
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 10
Looking for assessment of lst attempt 11
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I only top if my plants are going to outgrow my lights, lst means just that low stress!! I first start by moveing my seedlings back and forth a few times a day bc this will make the mainstem harden faster, if a fan is blocking light from a branch i move the fan 1 way and gently bend the branch in opposite direction, if your fans are a bother i leaaf tuck till i can prune it off, look at pic of these 2 branches by lsting them one is not on top of the other. I did this gently over time, allso your plant needs height and branches to lst, till that happens i put a fan on it bc if it is gently swaying it will dig it's roots deeper.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Garden wire was a good choice. If its low and wide and didn't break. Success.
I'm planning to put a trellis net on, but in the meantime want to train the stuff down that is shooting up to allow the smaller forks to catch up. Once the net goes on I assume I would remove those ties and let the shoots stretch for the net so I can start to weave them under? I will say I'm really happy with these for my first attempt. The big girl is exploding and has needed a lot, the smaller girls it's mostly fan tucking bit I'm really happy that I've got loads of node sites exposed. Reckon another week I'll look at putting the trellis net? Any thoughts on that?

Two shots of big girl's canopy, two of her undergrowth - love how fat those nodes are after a week, still getting used to how quickly it all happens! Then one each of the 3 other girls.

E7D0E21E ABDE 4E18 A9C4 4F6B5BDA8270
FAB2C035 F525 45E6 8776 BB0D4B253AC8
5390DCE6 8039 40AC 8AA4 4F90606600FE
A9019A2D F0A8 4CE7 8B68 EE39013034F9
BE9F1AF7 6EB2 42A2 A104 6B64DA58A1E4
3C8C0CE3 6B07 472D A25D 476BFBDBF840
E5BD0503 C1B2 43FC 90CE 2C1A0BC51A3E
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@BionicKroniK does our LST, but I know you can start as soon as the plant is more than 2 inches tall. The earlier, the better for best results.

Ponky

Ponky

Once I tie them down. I leave them tied down. If the plant is sturdy and doesn't want to stretch and get floppy I don't use a trellis or Scrog net. But if they plant stretches a lot or is kind of too heavy I use a net or series of bungee cords. Is it the lighting or are they pale green?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

That's great advice, I'm not intending by any means to do a true Scrog on my first grow, but will use the trellis if needed for support (I'm thinking very positive haha!).

Is it the lighting or are they pale green?
Bit of both. The lighting definitely gives quite a yellow spectrum when set below 50%, gets a lot more clean white with some far red when turned up for flower. I was unprepared for how light the vegetation colour was but having looked up green crack as a strain it seems it is known for being a very pale sativa strain, have even found warnings saying healthy plants can go very yellowy green and not to panic. There was a definite nutrient deficiency when I hadn't worked out water out of my tap was 0.7 EC, so almost half what I was giving them was inaccessible garbage. You can see the evidence of some serious Mg deficiency on the older fan leaves. The new growth though is gorgeous and has perfect weight and texture. I've now got them on distilled water, with an RO filter on the way in the mail. They are taking 1.9 EC that is all good quality nutes - Canna A+B, rhizo, cannazym. With lights now at 650 ppfd at the plant tops. Looking at new growth rate and quality I'm pretty sure I've got them tuned in.

When the water EC was bad I was putting in 1.9 and getting 1.2 out. I switched from 1/4" line drippers to hydro haloes straight off the 1/2", and fixed the nutrient issue, each day runoff goes up 0.1 Ec so now I'm 1.9 in, 1.7 out. Wanna get that up to 0.3 over EC in and I'll be happy. pH 6.2 out so all in good spot.

Long story short they are pale plants, the light makes them look yellower, but there is no lack of growth quantity or quality so I reckon we're okay. What you reckon?

Ponky

Ponky

That's great advice, I'm not intending by any means to do a true Scrog on my first grow, but will use the trellis if needed for support (I'm thinking very positive haha!).

Bit of both. The lighting definitely gives quite a yellow spectrum when set below 50%, gets a lot more clean white with some far red when turned up for flower. I was unprepared for how light the vegetation colour was but having looked up green crack as a strain it seems it is known for being a very pale sativa strain, have even found warnings saying healthy plants can go very yellowy green and not to panic. There was a definite nutrient deficiency when I hadn't worked out water out of my tap was 0.7 EC, so almost half what I was giving them was inaccessible garbage. You can see the evidence of some serious Mg deficiency on the older fan leaves. The new growth though is gorgeous and has perfect weight and texture. I've now got them on distilled water, with an RO filter on the way in the mail. They are taking 1.9 EC that is all good quality nutes - Canna A+B, rhizo, cannazym. With lights now at 650 ppfd at the plant tops. Looking at new growth rate and quality I'm pretty sure I've got them tuned in.

When the water EC was bad I was putting in 1.9 and getting 1.2 out. I switched from 1/4" line drippers to hydro haloes straight off the 1/2", and fixed the nutrient issue, each day runoff goes up 0.1 Ec so now I'm 1.9 in, 1.7 out. Wanna get that up to 0.3 over EC in and I'll be happy. pH 6.2 out so all in good spot.

Long story short they are pale plants, the light makes them look yellower, but there is no lack of growth quantity or quality so I reckon we're okay. What you reckon?

Green crack was huge here for about 2 years straight. But it was difficult to grow. And didn't yield as heavily as people liked. But it's a really good smoke. Even if you prefer kush you can smoke Green crack. It usually came in small lime green buds. Minimal hairs. And the half P was really full looking. It's a solid top shelf strain. If you try to smoke a pound of it you get bored. But it's one of the most try strains from several years ago.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Green crack was huge here for about 2 years straight. But it was difficult to grow. And didn't yield as heavily as people liked. But it's a really good smoke. Even if you prefer kush you can smoke Green crack. It usually came in small lime green buds. Minimal hairs. And the half P was really full looking. It's a solid top shelf strain. If you try to smoke a pound of it you get bored. But it's one of the most try strains from several years ago.
Weird because most sites that supply it say it's an easy one to start with. Marketing spin I guess. That's good if it's tricky, that way if I go okay then should be great with easier strains! Got enough for two grows of crack and two of GG#4 so planning to do these, then try one of GG, see what the genetics of each look like then do a pheno hunt for a mother and go perpetual. I'll upgrade LED in the 4x4 and I've got enough room next to the tent to hang one of these TSL 2000s in a 2x4 on 18:6 and use it to keep a mother and grow two autos at a time. I really just want to have a pharmacy of jars full of strains so I have a smoke for every mood 😍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Once I tie them down. I leave them tied down. If the plant is sturdy and doesn't want to stretch and get floppy I don't use a trellis or Scrog net. But if they plant stretches a lot or is kind of too heavy I use a net or series of bungee cords. Is it the lighting or are they pale green?
Took some photos using a cooler filter on the iPhone to filter out some of the yellow spectrum from the LEDs. This is much more representative of what I see irl when I open the tent. Think I'll only use this filter from now on, every time I post photos with the normal filter everyone says gee they don't look like they're deficient but damn they're yellow! Really cool to be able to see the line where I worked out my bad tap water. All the older big fan leaves have those yellow patches from low Mg, new stuff looks perfectly fed to me.

16098487 3F39 4DF0 9FAD 7FA8A9FE211E
FD6A901F 5340 43AD 86C0 20D89EEE3497
C3877826 9831 4049 831F 4B0D0F08E3FD
2E678796 0388 47BE 974D DFBA34043841
Ponky

Ponky

So far so good. Here we don't buy seeds and set up mothers and all that. We just buy the clones and quick veg. Flip. So in reality our Green Crack might be nothing like it fresh from seed. It was just easier to switch to Rockstar. Better yield. Easier. Popular.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

So far so good. Here we don't buy seeds and set up mothers and all that. We just buy the clones and quick veg. Flip. So in reality our Green Crack might be nothing like it fresh from seed. It was just easier to switch to Rockstar. Better yield. Easier. Popular.
Not easy to get strains here so most of what goes around is whatever the bikers have been pushing for the last 30 years. No strain farms here do to illegality so we gotta get those clever Canadians to mail stuff inside tyre tubes and shit 😂 So if I gotta do an order I gotta order enough to cover a few duds and still give me enough for a few grows so I don't have to order often and risk getting them confiscated by customs at either end. As for buying clones here I mean you could maybe find them if you knew a guy but I wouldn't trust the genetics. If there's anyone who'll have clones worth having around here in the next couple years it'll probably be me hehe

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

As a result I've never heard of Rockstar but will order some based on your recommendation. Honestly GG is so popular here if I find a killer plant in my first grow I might just mother it

Ponky

Ponky

Not easy to get strains here so most of what goes around is whatever the bikers have been pushing for the last 30 years. No strain farms here do to illegality so we gotta get those clever Canadians to mail stuff inside tyre tubes and shit 😂 So if I gotta do an order I gotta order enough to cover a few duds and still give me enough for a few grows so I don't have to order often and risk getting them confiscated by customs at either end. As for buying clones here I mean you could maybe find them if you knew a guy but I wouldn't trust the genetics. If there's anyone who'll have clones worth having around here in the next couple years it'll probably be me hehe

For us clones are serious and competitive. No wise person risks misleading someone on clones here. Ruin your reputation. Wastes money. I'm trying to see if the hobby and home growers have better access to some new genetics. Pink Kush is good..but so was Purple Kush. I don't want much. Just a new Kush with a hint of lemon.

Ponky

Ponky

As a result I've never heard of Rockstar but will order some based on your recommendation. Honestly GG is so popular here if I find a killer plant in my first grow I might just mother it
Rockstar is great. Smells great. Nice kush taste. Thick smoke. Grows well. Looks really frosty in the bag. Smoke it for years until you're sick of it.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I grow autos and am pretty aggressive early on by bending, tucking fans and opening up by tying down node around the pot to achieve the desired anatomy. I want exposed bud sites and a lot of them.
how do you keep it low and small ? my ive done my first scrog and they have just kept stretching . i did top and LST and then weaved through the scrog but they have grown past that and wont stop

zebrausa

zebrausa

Here is a photo of my LST. I do LST the last week or so of flowering. Exposing the inner canopy to increase yield is one thing; Increasing THC and the timing for doing LST is another.

IMG 20211006 064900115
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Here is a photo of my LST. I do LST the last week or so of flowering. Exposing the inner canopy to increase yield is one thing; Increasing THC and the timing for doing LST is another.
Intriguing... I think you would be an interesting fella to blaze with. I want to steal your secrets 🤫

Day 83 from seed. 36 days of 12/12. Gonna get a different light for next grow that will take them to the next level. Lots of integrated UV. Pretty happy for my first try though. But definitely want to hear what you have to say on LST timing ☺

EDCE3BD3 539E 4129 816F C7A975FECE99
DDEF2D1E 9F79 432D 8584 A43842493AA5
D5F53900 C5C9 491B AAC1 E44D653532B4
4F1B2FD7 FECC 4E6D B80F 463BA2D968B4
7EBE8161 EBB2 4323 B608 04D839E3ED65
4E24C976 121E 4D7C AD14 D36CB4851F5F

Latest posts

Top Bottom