Looking for Fantastic Soil Ferts.

• Thread starter Zoobear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zoobear

Heya all, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on ferts I could use during Veg and then another for flowering? I was looking at Foxfarms O.S B.B and C.C for flowering but its 60 bucks for the trio, kinda pricey. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hubcap

hubcap

earth juice i use and like.
alot of people use pure blend pro
biobizz...
fox farms.....

i use earth juice.
grow
bloom
assist (but molasses is same thing, just thicker and less xpensive)
fish emulsion
kelp extract

good ta have cal/mg on hand. or epsom salts.
not much else is needed with a good starting soil mix/base. imo.

**edit:
forgot budswel or guano teas. teas can be a pain, but, bubbled, its grrrreat.

R

Redux

If growing soil start to look at dry boxed nutes like Fox Farms POM 5-5-5, their Bulb Food (which is 3-8-8 I believe and important to have as much K as P in soil) and a few other goodies like greensand, domolmite, K-Mag, etc. They're like $8 for 4 lbs, you can recycle your soil which will make it better in the long run, and you're not paying someone to mix and ship water. The fungi do not like being fed high P globally via bottles. Teas are OK but those are usually just to tweak nutes and support microlife anyway. Dump in high liquid P solutions and you'll just piss off your fungi. They'll recover but it takes a few days.

Dry nutes are the least expensive way to go and works GREAT in soil once you get it dialed in just a bit. Use mainly layers on the bottom and some spikes and basically just add water.

H

H3AD_CAS3

If growing soil start to look at dry boxed nutes like Fox Farms POM 5-5-5, their Bulb Food (which is 3-8-8 I believe and important to have as much K as P in soil) and a few other goodies like greensand, domolmite, K-Mag, etc. They're like $8 for 4 lbs, you can recycle your soil which will make it better in the long run, and you're not paying someone to mix and ship water. The fungi do not like being fed high P globally via bottles. Teas are OK but those are usually just to tweak nutes and support microlife anyway. Dump in high liquid P solutions and you'll just piss off your fungi. They'll recover but it takes a few days.

Dry nutes are the least expensive way to go and works GREAT in soil once you get it dialed in just a bit. Use mainly layers on the bottom and some spikes and basically just add water.

thumbs up redux...I have found FF ferts around my area but never their dry fert line. Any idea where I can find these for cheap?

N

Nuglover

I use Mother Earth veg and bloom with different suppliments. It works well in soil and it's cheaper than most organic stuff I've found.

H

H3AD_CAS3

hubcap, what kind of dosing regimen do you use from seedling to harvest?

hubcap

hubcap

Hubcap: you don't use catalyst with your mix?

yep. sometimes. its just glorified molasses.
so, when no molasses, catalyst it can be.

the only thing of EJ i dont use is the assist.

hubcap

hubcap

hubcap, what kind of dosing regimen do you use from seedling to harvest?

depends on the starting soils/soiless mix used.... and if im familiar with the strain im running. it does vary, with the medium being the main deciding factor.

it doesnt stray, much at all, from the recommended bottle doses.
if u are pondering using it, PM me your soil mix and ill setcha up with a few ideas and/or regimes you could digest over.

the main thing with EJ, ive found, is its GOTTA be fresh, and more often than not, its sat on the shelf at 'the local joint' for many months with fluctuating temps.
people often blame bad performance on themselves or the product because of this.
ASK the dood when they got it. youll know if hes BSn. If its old or sits near a window, pass on it.

order direct or choose another regime.

the pure blend pro gets alot of lovely recommendations.

PM me. ill give ya a few ideas.

R

Redux

nowhere.
everything fox farms is over priced.
IMO
The price for boxed formulas from Espoma is only slightly less expensive than FF stuff for the same size (4 lbs). The Espoma really drops in price when you start looking at stuff like their 20 lb bags. Down to Earth is another good brand of dry stuff and inexpensive also. There's another line from a company called Rainbow (?) something or another. If you want expensive look at the dry stuff from Blackjack Soil Company!

Dry nutes rock cause they never go bad and are the least expensive way to fert. Only bottled stuff I use now when growing are fish ferts and Liquid Karma.

Z

zombywolf

Metanaturals beats EJ hands down. I have used both. Meta is a much cleaner organic fert-not sewage like EJ. The bloom formulation is derived from chicken manure-best bloom substance out there. However, EJ does have a good product to use with Meta-EJ Catalyst. I have used them both together with excellent results. The mix is 10ml of base 3-3-3 plus either 10ml of nitrogen or bloom, depending on which phase you are in. Add 5 mils of EJ Cat
and you are set. Mix in a 1 gallon water jug if using by hand-follow hydro instructions for that.

R

Redux

I've used the Metanaturals line outdoors and really liked em. Didn't realize the Bloom was based on chicken poo but know the grow is. Fried my plants a bit first feeding with it but once the soil microlife kicked into gear a bit better the plants went nuts.

hubcap

hubcap

you make sewage sound like a bad term.
im certain, even metanaturals (which i would recommend as well. good stuff), has SOME FORM of "organic sewage" in its products as well.....
urea, perhaps?????????
imo, its shit, pun intended, if it doesnt have some form of organic waste....
(EWC,urea,guanos,emulsions...)
just cuz EJ aint pretty, or isnt as user friendly as others, dont mean it doesnt work.
now, if you have some sort of experience, or proof, that leads you not to use EJ, by all means, let us know, so we all can be privvy to this info. id stop using it and recommending it ,immediately, if theres legit reason. other than dirty hands and a lil smell of course.
;)

Z

zombywolf

Hub,

Dont get me wrong-EJ works. However, as a usable fert-organic or not, it is more difficult fert to work with
than Metanaturals. The grow formulation is lumpy with
god knows what chunks of stuff floating in it. Bloom and
Cat are ok, but the ph crashes to 3-4 using bloom and you
have to add so much ph up-I'm concerned about the chem balance in there. Meta sets up a particular bio field that renders ph adjustment moot- I never have to touch it. The
nitro and bloom and base mixes are nowhere near as objectionable as EJ- important if you are mixing by hand like me.

B

Bio Kid

yo hub I got the whole ej line too up hangin around too.....also on hand I love to keep around some of botanicares Liquid karma, and cal mag.........lasts things I love is age-old grow and bloom their stuff is bomb.....and a bit of fulvic acid around.....to me all this comes secondary to a good medium though..........I heard lots of good things on pbp so I'll give it a shot sooner or later.
Hub how often do you use the meta-k the s*it just sits around for me lol

Solidopc

Solidopc

If you want organic i'd get the bio-canna or biobizz, i'm getting the bio-canna next, been using biobizz for a while now, the grow/bloom/algamic, and its decent stuff. But i'd like to try something different and canna make some good stuff.

If you aren't after organic, i'd get the h&g aarde a+b soil nutes, or canna terra vega/flores. Probably go for the h&g meself.

AN are a total rip off and i'd never bother with anything of theirs. did try their final phase, but prefer mollasses and then plain water.

hubcap

hubcap

Dont get me wrong-EJ works. However, as a usable fert-organic or not, it is more difficult fert to work with
than Metanaturals. The grow formulation is lumpy with
god knows what chunks of stuff floating in it.

very vaild , and true points, farmer zombywolf. EJ is harder to work with, and i can attest, the grow and bloom mixes are a bit gooey and sometimes lumpy, but, bubbling solves both these problems. and makes it a bit more plant friendly adding aeration and feeding the microbes. good, vaild points, tho, zomby. earth juice can get really acidic really fast, as well, so something to note there as well. pH ing EJ is a must.

farmer bio-kid...
used meta-k a bit with the chemdawgDD projects were running. these actually seem to like getting a bit more K in veg, which is weird, but, not unheard of. otherwise, yes, it can sit for some time. sometimes, i even use it just to use it up. if it sits too long it goes bad.
.....prolly the lowest on the EJ chain that id recommend getting, simply becuase the bloom is usually enough, and if its not, guanos are the way to go.......i guess you could say im phasing the meta K out. i never use the assist. catalyst gets good results but molasses can deliver the same for a cheaper price.

heard alot of good things about the biobizz stuff as well. many farmers here use that stuff and are showing nice results.

its just really nice to actually have a selection of organic ferts now!

Top Bottom