Looking for feedback on my soil mix

• Thread starter Shan1784
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shan1784

Hey everyone. Newer grower with my first grow starting at the beginning of 2019 with a photo in a hempy bucket. A couple of months into this first attempt I started an auto in a hempy and from there I started 5 clones in some organic soil I found locally. I used the GH 3 part line for my nutes and all turned out pretty good for my first try. I noticed right away that the soil grown tasted better. For my next grow which I plan to start in the next couple of months is going to be an attempt at full organic with using my own soil mix and organic teas and water. Not nutes out of a bottle are going to be used.

I've researched different mixes and have settled in with a variation of the coot mix. I'm looking to fill 5 10 gal cloth pots with 9 cubic ft of my mixed soil plus amendments. I'm counting on have some soil left over to use for established clones I plan on taking later into this grow.

First is my math right on the 9cf for five 10 gal pots? I used a converter I found online to get settled in on this amount.

Second I'm hoping i can get a thumbs up or down on my mix recipe I'm using.

Third I plan to cook it for a month or longer. I was told I didn't need to so I'd like some clarification on that.

peat (premier) - 3cf
compost (malibu) - 2cf
Compost (EWC, generic) - 1cf
Perlite (generic) -3cf

kelp meal (DTE) - 9 cups
Gypsum (DTE) - 4.5 cups
neem meal (DTE) - 9 cups
crab meal (DTE) - 9 cups
Malted Barley Powder (ground fresh) - 9 cups
Basalt (generic) - 3 gal
Biochar (generic) - 4 gal

Others that have used similar seem to have pretty good luck with it. Any changes are welcome.

Top Bottom