GGOGZin’s Grow Log, A Perpetual Journey

• Thread starter GGOGZin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GGOGZin

GGOGZin

This is my first time growing and am looking for any advice I can get and try to learn from. It’s hard to research with so many different opinions coming from so many people, I need the community.

I’ve started with 2 clones, one is Banana OG and the other is Original Glue. Looking for pointers as I go forward. This is a very low budget grow as I have limited space and money, and am growing in a closet. please be kind in your words/advice as I am truly trying.

There are water stains on the leaves of the Banana OG from having a little bit of excess nutrients in my watering can, but I’ve learned from my mistake and won’t be spraying the leaves at all any more.

Thank you to anyone who has any advice.
Pics:

I’m using a 6400k 100w LED and 4x 1ft T5 LED strips each at around 10w

Fox Farms Ocean Forest

Trying to only water once every 4-5 days

nutrients mixed in every other watering

20HR Light 4 Dark

Looking for general tips and advice
Looking for general tips and advice 2
Looking for general tips and advice 3
Looking for general tips and advice 4
Looking for general tips and advice 5
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

This is my first time growing and am looking for any advice I can get and try to learn from. It’s hard to research with so many different opinions coming from so many people, I need the community.

I’ve started with 2 clones, one is Banana OG and the other is Original Glue. Looking for pointers as I go forward. This is a very low budget grow as I have limited space and money, and am growing in a closet. please be kind in your words/advice as I am truly trying.

There are water stains on the leaves of the Banana OG from having a little bit of excess nutrients in my watering can, but I’ve learned from my mistake and won’t be spraying the leaves at all any more.

Pics:

Fox Farms Ocean Forest

20HR Light 4 Dark
Pics aren't loading on my end so I can't comment specifically on your plants.

I will say this ... At some point, you'll want to have more red in your spectrum. 6400k is pretty "cold blue." It's fine for vegging. Not so great for flowering. Are you able to purchase an actual grow light? Something 150w or a bit more possibly?

D

dean1963

all i can tell you for advice is, this is the right forum to be on. the bullshit idiots tend to be called out pretty fast and kicked. thanks to the mods here.
just read several reply's and read the response to them before you decide what course you take.
these guys and girls will lead you str8

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter

Pics:

Fox Farms Ocean Forest

20HR Light 4
I don't use liquid nutes, I mix happy frog with ocean forest, worm.casrings, some gaia green, pulverized sterilized egg shells, epsom salts, a metric ton of rice hulls to make it as easy as possible for the roots to grow. It works well for me and simply using fox farm soil and gaia green or build a soil craft blend simplifies everything in my opinion. You simply water H2O that you ph and prior to flip to flower, top dress gaia and a worm casting then you just h20 till the end, but whatever works best for you is what you should do. Good luck!

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I will say this ... At some point, you'll want to have more red in your spectrum. 6400k is pretty "cold blue." It's fine for vegging. Not so great for flowering. Are you able to purchase an actual grow light? Something 150w or a bit more possibly?
I can try to save for one but really am dependent on what I have at the moment. I’m using the T5 strips for the red and blues, they’re much warmer, they have a kind of pinkish hue

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

all i can tell you for advice is, this is the right forum to be on. the bullshit idiots tend to be called out pretty fast and kicked. thanks to the mods here.
just read several reply's and read the response to them before you decide what course you take.
these guys and girls will lead you str8
Awesome to hear! Thank you!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I can try to save for one but really am dependent on what I have at the moment. I’m using the T5 strips for the red and blues, they’re much warmer, they have a kind of pinkish hue
I didn't catch that those strips had both red and blue. Run what you have just have reasonable expectations if you know starting out that your lighting is currently your limiting factor.

Then upgrade when it fits your budget.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I don't use liquid nutes, I mix happy frog with ocean forest, worm.casrings, some gaia green, pulverized sterilized egg shells, epsom salts, a metric ton of rice hulls to make it as easy as possible for the roots to grow. It works well for me and simply using fox farm soil and gaia green or build a soil craft blend simplifies everything in my opinion. You simply water H2O that you ph and prior to flip to flower, top dress gaia and a worm casting then you just h20 till the end, but whatever works best for you is what you should do. Good luck!jater really is a popular opinion

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

You said these were clones so I assume the yellowing on the one was there when you got them. If that's the case, you're not doing badly with what you have.

What are your watering practices? How much and how often?

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

You said these were clones so I assume the yellowing on the one was there when you got them. If that's the case, you're not doing badly with what you have.

What are your watering practices? How much and how often?
yes the yellowing was already there but didn’t want to prune too much without knowing what I’m really doing. I try to only water every 4-5 days or when the top inch of soil is dry

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Appreciate the help bud, so I’m doing okay just now?
Yes, I think so. There's a lot more to growing than most people realize when they first start out.

For future thought ... if you want to grow small plants and you know for the time-being your lighting is your limiting factor ... consider growing auto-flowers from seed. Those are much better suited for small space and lower light situations. If you're in a legal area that allows home grows, you should be able to find seeds locally ... or order them online. There's several threads on here about seed banks and the experiences they have had with them.

Top Bottom