Looking for Help - Unhappy Plants after being in hospital unexpectedly!

• Thread starter 207GreenBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
207GreenBudz

207GreenBudz

Hi Guys.

Looking for a little advice after being off my feet due to spine surgery unexpectedly. I'm ready to scrap the girls and start over, but I have some strains I just can't get again (MAC #1)). So I Appreciate any help while I get back on my feet after surgery!

First, here are the details:

- 5x6 tent, G4 LED lights, General Organics FloraNova, CalMg, Roots Organic soil. Humidity 40-55% and Temp averages 63-68 degrees (during coldest winter days in NE). Tap water PH to 6.4.- 6.8.

Issues started after one plant started showing signs of yellowing and weak vascular system. Stembs seemed very brittle and weak. Problems seem to start at the lower part of the plant and effect leafs at bottom first, browning and yellowing tips (see pictures). New growth seems to be stunted and brown easily. Issues started with one plant and seemed to move to the rest slower. No signs of insects or other issues.

It was hard to catch in time because I was then off my feet with surgery. By the time I was able to try and change things up, it was a little late so I decided to clean a completely new 3x3 ten and take cuts of the healthy parts of the moms. I had some success getting cuts, but many were weak and didn't take off weill. Once I was able to the rooted, I completely change soil, pots, treated with fungicide, added extra CalMg and treated for Potassium deficiency, etc. However the bad news is the same issues are present and causing issues. Any help appreciated!

Unnamed 1
Unnamed
Looking for help   unhappy plants after being in hospital unexpectedly 3
threatco

threatco

Have you tested you run off PH?

There seems to be a mix of issues in these plants. A messed up soil PH could be at the root. (wild guess)

207GreenBudz

207GreenBudz

Have you tested you run off PH?

There seems to be a mix of issues in these plants. A messed up soil PH could be at the root. (wild guess)

Have not tested PH but will do today. Not something that I've seen much of with bagged soil.

pothead11

pothead11

I appear to have a similar problem and am thinking too much feed . I'm growing in general compost . I have three in my tent with the same symptoms . Gotta be the feed in my case . Good luck

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What type of soil andwhat are you feeding them? They look to be overfed, which can happen slowly but cause a bunch of different problems ranging from deficiencies from lock-outs to burning with nutes or Ph problems... all which can be inter-related. Overfeeding is rediculously easy and some strains simply don't tolerate levels that other strains thrive on.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Brown centres on tips or tops is lacking in boron you can add a little borax to the mix .

207GreenBudz

207GreenBudz

What type of soil andwhat are you feeding them? They look to be overfed, which can happen slowly but cause a bunch of different problems ranging from deficiencies from lock-outs to burning with nutes or Ph problems... all which can be inter-related. Overfeeding is rediculously easy and some strains simply don't tolerate levels that other strains thrive on.

I appreciate the feedback. Right now they are in just plain old roots organic. I have one plant I've move out of the tent and started flushing with plain water for a while to see if there is any build up.

207GreenBudz

207GreenBudz

Could be due to lockout, so you're right. I'll give that a shot once I'm done flushing.
Just an update a few flushes on a few strains produced good results and they are slowly rebounding. However one strain just is grumpy and taking longer. Thanks for the feedback. Will post results soon for other growers to use.

Top Bottom