Looking for multiple drying options. Ran out of room!

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Hello, just finishing my 1st successful grow and ended up with more than I thought. I have 5 plants but after cutting down 2 I ran out of room. Im wondering if I can rotate them from tote to hanging or something. I have one of the drying bags but that filled quick. I haven't cut down the others yet but I'm drying in my tent. Any advice? I think I got close to a pound in a 5x5 with autos.

Looking for multiple drying options ran out of room
Looking for multiple drying options ran out of room 2
Looking for multiple drying options ran out of room 3
Looking for multiple drying options ran out of room 4
Looking for multiple drying options ran out of room 5
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Cut the branches off and hang them a bit closer. Make sure you have some air exchange to keep humidity in check. Remove the fan leaves to help with airflow when crowding em like that.

I definitely would not be drying plants in a tent that has growing plants it.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Cut the branches off and hang them a bit closer. Make sure you have some air exchange to keep humidity in check. Remove the fan leaves to help with airflow when crowding em like that.

I definitely would not be drying plants in a tent that has growing plants it.
The others are done I killed the light already. Just haven't cut them because im not sure where to put them. Can you put them in a tote with paper in bottom with vent holes? This should work if I check them regularly right? I have my rh right at 50%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The others are done I killed the light already. Just haven't cut them because im not sure where to put them. Can you put them in a tote with paper in bottom with vent holes? This should work if I check them regularly right? I have my rh right at 50%
I wouldn't but up to you. Another option is buy a drying rack and cut the buds off.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have one of the hanging dry rack baskets. Its full already. I need to remove stems on those?
If you need the space just clip all the buds off and space em out on the drying rack... there are so many variables and I don't know what you drying conditions are like. They will dry a bit faster when off the stems or hanging full plants. I prefer to hang and not have my buds resting on anything cause the will go flat on one side if you don't give em a turn often. But by the sounds of it you going to have to anyways. So imo it's far better to cut the stems off the plant and hang what ya can leaving room for the drying rack. Then clip the buds on the rest so you can fit em all in. Turn the buds daily if ya can. I think it's far better than stuffing fully wet buds into containers.

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

If you need the space just clip all the buds off and space em out on the drying rack... there are so many variables and I don't know what you drying conditions are like. They will dry a bit faster when off the stems or hanging full plants. I prefer to hang and not have my buds resting on anything cause the will go flat on one side if you don't give em a turn often. But by the sounds of it you going to have to anyways. So imo it's far better to cut the stems off the plant and hang what ya can leaving room for the drying rack. Then clip the buds on the rest so you can fit em all in. Turn the buds daily if ya can. I think it's far better than stuffing fully wet buds into containers.
Well my rh stays pretty on point with my dehumidifier. I have been keeping it around 55%. I've had trouble in the past with hay smell so I want to be careful but I think this time I have a lot better genetics. It stays between 50 and 60° F

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Hello, just finishing my 1st successful grow and ended up with more than I thought. I have 5 plants but after cutting down 2 I ran out of room. Im wondering if I can rotate them from tote to hanging or something. I have one of the drying bags but that filled quick. I haven't cut down the others yet but I'm drying in my tent. Any advice? I think I got close to a pound in a 5x5 with autos.

I use a piece of fencing about 40 inches high tied in a loop with yarn. You just hook the buds over the wire and put multiple branches in a line going down. Pieces of yarn are used to show where one strain ends and another begins. Compared to running in a straight line a circle lets you put a lot of bud up in a small space.

DSC05080s

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

I use a piece of fencing about 40 inches high tied in a loop with yarn. You just hook the buds over the wire and put multiple branches in a line going down. Pieces of yarn are used to show where one strain ends and another begins. Compared to running in a straight line a circle lets you put a lot of bud up in a small space.

View attachment 1114946
Oh wow. Great idea! Thanks!

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

I’ve been doing this but have to put a garbage bag over it to keep in humidity. Lol.
Diff strokes eh?

Top Bottom