Looking for seed growing advice

• Thread starter Gorbo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gorbo

Gorbo

I'm pretty stocked up at the moment, so this grow I am making seed and trying to get the most seed I can. The internet is pretty sparse on the actual talk of making seed (not breeding). Anyone have some advice or input? Specifically on trying to maximize yield and quality of the seeds, but anything is welcome because google comes up short on this.
So far I am just doing a "normal" grow, but I left the males in the tent and didn't cull them. My only other plan is to paint any pistils that dont end up curled myself with some pollen I have saved.

Looking for seed growing advice
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I'm pretty stocked up at the moment, so this grow I am making seed and trying to get the most seed I can. The internet is pretty sparse on the actual talk of making seed (not breeding). Anyone have some advice or input? Specifically on trying to maximize yield and quality of the seeds, but anything is welcome because google comes up short on this.
So far I am just doing a "normal" grow, but I left the males in the tent and didn't cull them. My only other plan is to paint any pistils that dont end up curled myself with some pollen I have saved.
Flower the feamles,get them rocking and starting to go profusely and then introduce the male about a month into it for most seeds,highest germination is ensured if you wait till the plant is almost dead ,count on about 6 seeks from pollination. Put an oscillating fan on the garden so when the male releases the wind will make sure many pistils will catch grains.

Gorbo

Gorbo

I cant grow them separately, I live in a small apartment and just have the one tent, right now they are all in one large 50 gal tote.
Something to think about if i ever have more space though. I do have a fan in the tent just over the tops going.

Is it going to hurt the seed yield to pollenate early? Just today I sprinkled some of the pollen I had to get it started now, because the males haven't opened yet.

Last edited:
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I cant grow them separately, I live in a small apartment and just have the one tent, right now they are all in one large 50 gal tote.
Something to think about if i ever have more space though. I do have a fan in the tent just over the tops going.
Then you will not get that many seeds because once pollinated they will slow down in flowering and put their energy into making seed. But you will still get plenty for more crops.

Gorbo

Gorbo

bummer. well its too late now, I will just hope for the best.
I do have pollen saved. So for future reference, to get the most seed, I should not have males in the tent, I should just let the females flower normally and then mid-late flower introduce the pollen?

Last edited:
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

bummer. well its too late now, I will just hope for the best.
I do have pollen saved. So for future reference, to get the most seed, I should not have males in the tent, I should just let the females flower normally and then mid-late flower introduce the pollen?
Yes almost mid while the plant is producing many flowers and the previous stigmas are not curled yet. The male will take a few weeks to go into bloom so you want to time it when both are just shy of full bloom.

Madmax

Madmax

Just for an example how long it takes..When you use fem spray such as elite x elite you spray plant that your reversing and put it into flower and in a fortnites time you introduce the female into the flower room ,she will take on average 14 days to start flowering and the reversal plant will start pollenating her from around day 21 onwards..my female plants that have been seeded from the reversal are at day 61 and seeds still not ready but not far off.the sacs will split open and you will see them nice and brown .

Gorbo

Gorbo

Figure Ill put a couple updates and show how much seed I get in the end, incase someone is interested. Here is week 4 plants are maybe a little underdeveloped on their tops, but below that is more noticeably underdeveloped. Everything looks to be pollinated.
There is some thrip damage(Some is pollen that looks like thrip damage), I got ripped of at my neighborhood plant store when I went to buy a tiny bit of HP-Promix soil, He sold me some garbage soil that obviously was not HP-Promix and I think the thrips were hiding in it (left a nasty google review, been a good customer for years. Young guy took over his dads shop and making a mess of it. People are unbelievable.)

P1040536

P1040537

A few nodes down from the top they are noticeably underdeveloped. These would usually be still sizeable buds. I'm going to have to believe its because of the early pollination.
P1040544

Top Bottom