Looking for small, simple grow room!

• Thread starter MichaelScarn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MichaelScarn

MichaelScarn

Hi guys!
:heart:

My husband and I would like to start growing one indoor plant for personal and medical use, so we're looking for some advice on how to get started.

We'd like to use our small walk-in pantry as a grow room. Would it be possible to use this space without heavy modifications? With only one plant, would a small fan be enough air flow in a sealed closest?

We used to grow shrooms so we still have a few lights (6500k bulbs), some coco bricks and verm. In the start of our research, we saw that some guides use these materials. Are these materials smart to begin with since we've already worked with them? We're just looking for some guidence for the most cost effective and robust grow that a single plant can provide!
:smile:

BigCube

BigCube

A tent may be your best bet. You will not be able to seal the pantry unless you also run an ac unit and a dehumidifier. It is better to have an exhaust fan pushing the hot moist air out of the pantry. If smell is an issue for you, use a carbon filter 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Imo 1 plant if not worried about smell open room grow. A pantry would require quite a bit of equipment even if you had its just to small to have a stable environment of thinking sealed. Could be done with a ventilation fan.

Coco and vermiculite should work but I would use that in a warmer climate. I would say that coco/perlite would be a more common mix. Because of the high drainage you will need to be around more often to water. If using vermiculite you may get away with longer times between watering but may also be more prone to overeating of in cooler temps.

6500 k will give you very very compact growth and inwould suggest around 3500k for a start to finish light.

Container size will be important as wirh coco you can get away with smaller if you can water often enough. Depending on light, height restrictions probably a 3-5gal pot would help reduce the need for frequent watering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom