Unhinged

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Fem seeds from Dr seeds. LSD and strawberry banana

2. How old are your plants?
First plant broke ground Dec 27 last plant Jan 3

3. How tall are your plants?
1-2"

4. What size containers are they planted in?
Solo

5. What is your soil mix?
Promix HP not soil

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
Tap water max every second day

7. What is the pH of your water?

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
GH floranova not being used yet

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
I've been spraying water to keep humidity up

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
HLG Rspec 550
Seeds were bumped up to 18000 lux today

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
30"

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16 sq ft

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
20-27 Celsius
45-70% humidity

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Have not tested

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Fungus gnats from the bag. I taught them a lesson with hydrogen peroxide diluted with water spray. I'm concerned the peroxide mix landed on the seedling leaves.

16. How much experience do you have growing?
This is grow number 3.

Two of four look normal enough to me but the other two look bizarre. The one that broke ground last is tiny and popped up 4 days ago. The others a few days older but only has one single lonely serrated leaf.

I would appreciate any advice regarding watering in promix HP and when to begin adding nutes. I think it's early but the two larger seeds are starting to turn a lighter green.

Looking for some fatherly advice

Looking for some fatherly advice 2

Looking for some fatherly advice 3

Looking for some fatherly advice 4

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

IMO watering every 2 days is a lot! I would wait until they start to "pray" then when they start to stop praying, at the first sign they look like they aren't loving tyhe sun and are just starting to preserve water, honestly probly be more than 4 days... Iv could be wrong but why not take one and stop watering it at all. Personally i'd hold off on the nutes till you get whatever this is under control or maybe until you transplant or it looks like it needs it, its never easy to tell whats perfect.

I'd almost say drop your lux from 18'000 to 8'000-12'000 but they don't look terribly stressed in that dept... dont know if thats slight light stress or the perfect amount but whatever you do I would suggest comitting to trying it for at least 3days to see if it was that kinda thing.

Just my thoughts, nothing really screams out at me exept for watering every 2 days, I use about 8'000 lux at that stage and move up to 15-24 at end of flowering and they dont get leggy with the 8000.

I'd take this into consideration but maybe wait for some more experienced growers to take a look.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
seedlings do not need any nutrients until the two small round cotyledons leaves start to yellow and die off, as this is a sign that the seedling has used up the nutrients that came within the seed,
learn and wet/dry cycle..
holes in cups bottom and lower sides, roots need oxygen! don’t drown/suffocate them with overwatering..

Unhinged

Unhinged

I've got them at 18000 lux only because my 14watt led seedling light they were started under was registering 20000 lux and I put them under the HLG after the first few days to help maintain temperatures. I don't know how accurate phoned lux metres are with led lights. I'll let them dry out a little bit and see where it goes from there.

growsince79

growsince79

Weigh the cup saturated, then let it lose at least 1/3 of the wet weight before you water again. No scale? get one...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Weigh the cup saturated, then let it lose at least 1/3 of the wet weight before you water again. No scale? get one...
i lift my 10 gallon bags with plants to feel weight, haha.. until i can’t anymore, than i just watch them and i can tell when it’s time again..

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Fungus gnats from the bag. I taught them a lesson with hydrogen peroxide diluted with water spray. I'm concerned the peroxide mix landed on the seedling leaves.

can you explain a little bit more about this? What did you spray with the peroxide, just the bag or the media in the solo cup?

Unhinged

Unhinged

3% peroxide half and half with water in a spray bottle only to the media in the cup I haven't dealt with the rest of the bag yet. No flyers right now.

Top Bottom