Looking to buy an all in one set up

• Thread starter SUPER_DAVE_SO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SUPER_DAVE_SO

SUPER_DAVE_SO

So, I'm hoping to get a pretty decent all in one set up off Amazon. Without breaking my wallet, this one is 1006 CAD. Link is also provided. Any opinions on the quality of this?

Also, wondering the same about fertilizers:

Thanks for your wisdom and opinions in advance.

Looking to buy an all in one set up
Looking to buy an all in one set up 2
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I've never owned a grow tent and the only thing I've ever bought from Vivosun is a clone heat mat. I cannot vouch for their lights or anything else, but for that price you might be able to piece something together a little better and a little cheaper, but overall that looks like a decent deal. Don't forget good soil or growing media. If you start out with a good soil you won't need many additional nutrients. Lots of folks swear by Fox Farm Ocean Forest, though I've heard their quality isn't quite as good as it used to be, it's still better than dirt from your back yard or cheap potting soils.

The only reason I would buy a grow tent and carbon filter setup like this is if I lived in a place where weed is illegal and I were trying to keep it under wraps. Otherwise, if you are in a legal state or not worried about smell, I would instead buy some panda plastic (the stuff that's white on one side and black on the other) and make my own grow room/tent, spend the extra money on a decent light, perhaps an RO filter for your water (if needed) and some decent soil. You can get additional nutes later, before flower, if needed.

Just a suggestion. Good luck and welcome to The Farm! 🤠

SUPER_DAVE_SO

SUPER_DAVE_SO

I've never owned a grow tent and the only thing I've ever bought from Vivosun is a clone heat mat. I cannot vouch for their lights or anything else, but for that price you might be able to piece something together a little better and a little cheaper, but overall that looks like a decent deal. Don't forget good soil or growing media. If you start out with a good soil you won't need many additional nutrients. Lots of folks swear by Fox Farm Ocean Forest, though I've heard their quality isn't quite as good as it used to be, it's still better than dirt from your back yard or cheap potting soils.

The only reason I would buy a grow tent and carbon filter setup like this is if I lived in a place where weed is illegal and I were trying to keep it under wraps. Otherwise, if you are in a legal state or not worried about smell, I would instead buy some panda plastic (the stuff that's white on one side and black on the other) and make my own grow room/tent, spend the extra money on a decent light, perhaps an RO filter for your water (if needed) and some decent soil. You can get additional nutes later, before flower, if needed.

Just a suggestion. Good luck and welcome to The Farm! 🤠
Mainly it's a matter of not having much of a backyard, or privacy, or great sunlight (due to other houses and trees in neighbour's yards). Plus, I live in Toronto, so A: we have winter to deal with, so I can't go year round), and B: in Canada, technically you're only legally allowed 3 plants. I know I can increase yield and potency by topping, but I don't think I'm quite ready to try that unless I have quite a few plants going so I can handle if a couple don't make it due to error on my part (as I've never tried to do it before).

Also, I'm not really handy, so that's the reason I'm looking at an all in one set up. There's no way I have the knowledge or time or even proper tools to build my own set up.

In terms of the fertilizers, most people I know who grow indoors swear by them, and the reviews on several of the ones I looked at said that they made a huge difference in both quality and yield compared to previous growths with the same strains and growing conditions.

Ponky

Ponky

The combos are fine. But the cheapest way to grow a bunch of pot cheap is a 5x5. An HPS combo and a duct fan combo. Put it together yourself .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tag @Aqua Man is something you would be interested in?
Sure thing i can help out. In fact im in Oakville and in a few weeks im possibly looking for someone to post a grow with either my RDWC or Aeroponic system. If he is close enough and we can work something out i also have equipment including co2 and lights and will be willing to mentor the grow.

At the end if they want the system they can keep it for cost.

The RDWC will be available in approx 1-2 months once i finish the business side of things. The Aeroponic i will showcase but need aone patents before im willing ti release it so that could be a while yet

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can also just provide support and opinions here for him if he has decided on the grow style. That will determine a lit of my recommendations

Ponky

Ponky

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01731MNJE/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_V0PK346X6FMA03K0QX7X

Tent ^

Air scrubber combo^

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00P8PDOQO/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_SD93JYEX0HX33HJFN5GB now this combo is usually available in air cooled. But this if fine. Dimmable down to 600 watts.

This is a cheap way to grow a couple of pounds of weed fast and cheap.

Then just add a cube of promix. 35. Some pots. 20 bucks. And get some maxi grow and maxi bloom. Literally the cheapest quality food you can buy. This is as economical as you can be. Very effective system.

Heywood

Heywood

Sure thing i can help out. In fact im in Oakville and in a few weeks im possibly looking for someone to post a grow with either my RDWC or Aeroponic system. If he is close enough and we can work something out i also have equipment including co2 and lights and will be willing to mentor the grow.

The RDWC will be available in approx 1-2 months once i finish the business side of things. The Aeroponic i will showcase but need aone patents before im willing ti release it so that could be a while yet

Super Dave - You can't beat that offer! I'd love to be in that position.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just thought I’d throw you under the bus brother. Sorry if I put ya on the spot

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
So, I'm hoping to get a pretty decent all in one set up off Amazon. Without breaking my wallet, this one is 1006 CAD. Link is also provided. Any opinions on the quality of this?

my set up I just put together. I’m running the KingLED 1500’s (x2) ($160 each) (the 2,000w are about $60 more each if I knew I was going to upgrade tens I would have bought 2x of those but I’m fine still) the ac infinity 4x8 tent ($250) , spider farmer 4” vent /carbon filter ($160) = $630, if you’re looking at a smaller tent then it’d be a bit cheaper tent wise but besides that stuff I have a small radiator heater I had, 2x6” Amazon fans and a 16” family dollar oscillating fan, holding temps at 77f, RH at 60% and fan speed is only at 40% atm, if i was running more plants and bigger lights in it id bump up to the 6” spider farmer vent but I’m really liking this setup atm, gives me room to be in the tent with all the plants with doors closed so I don’t disturb the environment much, I get in and close the door as much as I can reaching the zipper, kinda cool being part of the grow haha

Edit: these were all bought on Amazon

freezeland2

freezeland2

OP ought to be on this offer like ugly on a ape. Very generous, great experience to be gained from one of the best.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Literally the same all in one that I got. But I got mine for 750. Shop around. Also, vivosun has light leaks through the zippers

20220306 175401

Here's an example.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Literally the same all in one that I got. But I got mine for 750. Shop around. Also, vivosun has light leaks through the zippers

View attachment 1241260
Here's an example.
My new AC infinity tent has 1 or 2 small spots like that that have a small light leak like that Only on 1 of the door bends I couldn’t find any others, If I run photos next run I’ll install my own zipper flaps, the only zipper with a inside flap is the center zipper that goes top to bottom I’d assume most zippers have a spot or 2 that either have a light leak, or will have light leak, I don’t mind doing a small bit of work to seal it up perfect

Like my dad used to say back in the day, there’s only 2 kinds of concrete, concrete that’s cracked, and concrete that’s going to crack lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My new AC infinity tent has 1 or 2 small spots like that that have a small light leak like that Only on 1 of the door bends I couldn’t find any others, If I run photos next run I’ll install my own zipper flaps, the only zipper with a inside flap is the center zipper that goes top to bottom I’d assume most zippers have a spot or 2 that either have a light leak, or will have light leak, I don’t mind doing a small bit of work to seal it up perfect

Like my dad used to say back in the day, there’s only 2 kinds of concrete, concrete that’s cracked, and concrete that’s going to crack lol
Truth

But some better quality tents wont leak light. You get what you pay for and for the orice its a pretty dam good package

E9noxis

E9noxis

Thats true. My spider farmer box has a flap along the entire zipper. Something like that would Jae been nice on the Vivosun.

I didn't want to pile it on with trash talk about Vivo, because the tent has served me fine.. but there are also puncture holes from sewing the zipper on. A ine of perforations running along the entire doorway. Both sides of the zipper and random pinholes in the side walls.

I taped up what I could find, it's not really a big deal. I dont think light has effected my plants. They did fine. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

My next tent will be an ac infinity for sure though

Top Bottom