Looking To Replace A 600w Mh With A Ceramic Mh Light.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I'm looking for more info on the ceramic mh system. hid comparison, how r they by a comparison, good/bad, worth the switch?
Thoughts?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Comparing my blockbuster air cooled reflector with a Hortilux 600w Blue mh to an open vertical sun system remote reflector with a Phillips 3100k 315w cmh in my room.

For flowering

600w Blue mh. Covers 3.5 ‘x3.5’ to maybe 4’ on outlying branches. It flowered well but a little leafy and loose compared to the 600w super hps.

315 cmh 3100k covered 2.5’x2.5’ to 3’ but also had a bit looser and leafier buds but not as much as the blue mh.

In veg both would cover a larger area I think.

I would want 3 315’s to cover my 3.5’x7’ flowering area. Maybe 4. I am happy with 2 600 super hps now.

Sorry for the babble. I am quite stoned.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'm looking for more info on the ceramic mh system. hid comparison, how r they by a comparison, good/bad, worth the switch?
Thoughts?

I’ve been getting close to 1 gpw using CMH so I would say they work pretty well. There a bit expensive is the downside.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I'm looking into cmh for veg I've heard great things from them. What's your take as far as vehicle phase

I think they work excellent for vegging. I have two 315’s in open reflectors in a 4x8 tent and it just about covers it. I have some big plants in there too and there not leggy whatsoever. There all very healthy.

Top Bottom