Looking to try out a new bloom compost tea and wanted to check opinions on Langbeinite

• Thread starter drinkingcoffeeinmaine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drinkingcoffeeinmaine

drinkingcoffeeinmaine

Hello, I was curious to anyone's thoughts on a bloom compost tea recipe I am thinking about crafting.
I haven't flushed out the ratios yet, but I have general composition.
Looking to check in with more experienced growers here, cause, um...I have been slightly heavy handed in the past with my creations.
My soil mix consists of Promix, peat moss, chicken manure compost, and Down to Earth Bio Live Mix
I have top-dressed with blood meal, bone meal, fishbone meal, bat guano, kelp meal, and worm castings throughout the season.... and used some DE to deter ants, ineffectively I might add.
I haven't been out to the site in a few weeks and my father in law has been using liquid nutrients of a Mother Earth Tea/ Recharge mix and Fox Farm Big Bloom. Plants are reported to look healthy, although the pics he sent leave much to be desired in terms of info.
Plants started flowering late July, and I was looking to give em a boost of K at this point, so I was going to make a compost tea of:

5 gallons H20
Worm castings
Insect Frass
Fish Meal
Fish Bone Meal
Kelp Meal
Seabird Guano 0-11-0
Azomite
Langbeinite
Molasses

Water out there may have substantial minerals in it, so I am not sure about the ratios, or the Langbeinite for that matter, never used it but the K numbers are intriguing
I do have access to reverse osmosis water on site, but people may be cranky if I use up five gallons of the tank, it takes so long to fill.

Wondering if I should I just stick with the Mother Earth Tea and Big Bloom, instead of developing my own recipe at this stage..... however, the crafting of recipes is the fun of it for me, even if they don't always play out there is learning involved.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I want to know about langbeinite also! Pls post your findings

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Potassium is needed in mid-late flower, more than phosphorus. K is a calcium antagonist. If it is soluble, I wouldn't add more than 1 gram/gallon to boost the K/S/Mg.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Langbeinite is high in K, so easy in flower.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

i would drop all they dry stuff and only use compost molasses and a lil bit of fish, a dash of humic and fulvic would help! Use those dry ammendments and scratch them in with the exception of legbenitie and azomite. Azomite i would only use in my ammending. You need K? Potassium sulfate!!

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Molasses are only used to feed the biology in the soil. A teaspoon in 5 gallons of water once a month is plenty. More than that and you'll attract ants which will acidify the soil (drop the ph below 5).

I'd just make a top dressing. Look at the bloom/hot mix in this video

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

you can actually run molasses more often in the form of a compost tea, a true AACT will have pre digested all the sugars turning sugar into millions of bacteria. But if you put all the amendments into it your going to wreck the biology of it, too hot and it burns back the bacterial bloom

Latest posts

Top Bottom