Looking To Upgrade My Lights

• Thread starter KneeDeep34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I'm going to be upgrading my lights. Now I've got 2 MH/HPS 600w and I'm old school and have been using them for a while now. I've been reading and omfg so much has changed in the way of lighting. So many advancements... Anyone wanna give input? Things I'm looking for are low cost, low heat, full spectrum, the ability to be used through both cycles and let's be honest it HAS to be able to make my ladies plump up nice and fat... Anyone with experience with lighting, please give me input and if possible pics of different lighting results... Thanks all.

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

Oh excuse me lol I googled it and a whole bunch of medical stuff popped up lol but ok. I'll check that out buddy. Thank you.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i surely under stand,wanted to get a 2ft long t8 light fixture,obselete home depot tells me,so run around to other stores,obselte they tell me,sure enough,all the stores are going to led bulbs,only thing close was a 1 tube bathroom light,so got online,yaaa 46 bucks for a t8 or t12,t5ho huh 65 bucks,,so i blasted a 46 dollar bill at a 300 watt led light for my babies and veg,i havent a clue how to work with these lights,but fitna get a lesson hahah,damn led lights are cheaper never thought id see the day,lmao all i have run since the 70' is hid lighting,tried a t5 ho in my closet,dried and cured them on the stalk,no taste or buzz though,i tried it just hay,lmao

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

i surely under stand,wanted to get a 2ft long t8 light fixture,obselete home depot tells me,so run around to other stores,obselte they tell me,sure enough,all the stores are going to led bulbs,only thing close was a 1 tube bathroom light,so got online,yaaa 46 bucks for a t8 or t12,t5ho huh 65 bucks,,so i blasted a 46 dollar bill at a 300 watt led light for my babies and veg,i havent a clue how to work with these lights,but fitna get a lesson hahah,damn led lights are cheaper never thought id see the day,lmao all i have run since the 70' is hid lighting,tried a t5 ho in my closet,dried and cured them on the stalk,no taste or buzz though,i tried it just hay,lmao
I never thought I would see the day either lol I remember how bulky and and unimpressive looking old school LEDs were.... And only came in a few colors... It really has come a long way.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I never thought I would see the day either lol I remember how bulky and and unimpressive looking old school LEDs were.... And only came in a few colors... It really has come a long way.
ya i just picked up a full spectrum,little ole thing,weather got my babies at a stnd still so more light for them,trying to get another run in before the heat is on again,lol winter only last 2 months,most time about 40 is coldest,,i force air movement to mine ,just intake and exhaust,no ac or heat,got them staggered were lights on in flower tent ,run at night,veg during day with a 4 hour over lap,only heat and ac these bitchs get is what mama nature throws in the utility room hahahah

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Mine have been just fine,can't direct compare to my hps cuz dif strains,etc. But the temp and energy use difference is huge.
i use hid lighting in flower,im down to a tent,that flowers,veg is out in open ,just got the led light for a little more light,went a bought a storage rack and some peg board for side,im gonna run it in there,so be a first,damn led are cheaper than a basic t8 double tube,i said bite me ,got the led cheaper hahaha,shit 2 years ago couldnt touch the things for less than 400,lmao

K

kansabis

i use hid lighting in flower,im down to a tent,that flowers,veg is out in open ,just got the led light for a little more light,went a bought a storage rack and some peg board for side,im gonna run it in there,so be a first,damn led are cheaper than a basic t8 double tube,i said bite me ,got the led cheaper hahaha,shit 2 years ago couldnt touch the things for less than 400,lmao
Yeah its crazy and they should only get cheaper,do you veg and flower in the same room,I too only have 1 tent and wanted to veg in the open room so I can keep it perpetual but I'm afraid the light from veg will mess up my flower tent,I keep it closed up but those tents are definitely not 100% light proof.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah its crazy and they should only get cheaper,do you veg and flower in the same room,I too only have 1 tent and wanted to veg in the open room so I can keep it perpetual but I'm afraid the light from veg will mess up my flower tent,I keep it closed up but those tents are definitely not 100% light proof.
tell ya what i did,took a roll of duct tape and a doobie and sit inside mine toked the doob,every were i seen light i taped,i have 2 400cfm fan and filter combos,1 i have drawing the room air into the filter and into the tent,1 pulling hot air out of tent and pushing smell and heat out of filter ,recirculating the heat and air,crack under door leading outside is about 1 inch,when it closed at night,i have a fan bouncing the heat out and under that crack,blows again the door and also keeps my babies vegging moving,,went and got a steel storage rack today,50 bucks,putting top and bottom in and peg board white side in towards plants,standing right beside the intake fan and filter sitting up and it will then suck air threw those holes and keep the fresh air moving

KneeDeep34

KneeDeep34

I kind of do the opposite. I built a tent. I used PVC was the frame and Panda film as the skin... I use a compact t5 for lighting... I use it for my clones and mothers, while I flower out in the open... I'm just going to harvest and then throw in clones and old mothers and repeat... Sure I'll have smaller plants but I'll have more at one time... I will say tho, that some mothers are just crazy and can't be controlled no matter how much you trim, top or train. I had a blue dream mother that just wouldn't stop. I threw her in bloom (expecting her to die) and holy shit. Even in a solo cup she kept stretching. I broke the upper main stem, tied her down and did everything I know of to control growth... Nothing worked. Finally she actually started to produce dense solid buds. Won't yeild a lot but it looks about 2oz or so... But anyways, sorry for the rant lol but I'm bout to harvest and I've got Animal cookie, Blue Dream, Black indica, Platinum Swan (my own breed) and Ron Herer (my own breed) going into flower right after.... I'm gonna be germinating some seed for new mothers I'm thinking Amesia Haze, Fruit punch, Ripped Bubba and Platinum Swan.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I kind of do the opposite. I built a tent. I used PVC was the frame and Panda film as the skin... I use a compact t5 for lighting... I use it for my clones and mothers, while I flower out in the open... I'm just going to harvest and then throw in clones and old mothers and repeat... Sure I'll have smaller plants but I'll have more at one time... I will say tho, that some mothers are just crazy and can't be controlled no matter how much you trim, top or train. I had a blue dream mother that just wouldn't stop. I threw her in bloom (expecting her to die) and holy shit. Even in a solo cup she kept stretching. I broke the upper main stem, tied her down and did everything I know of to control growth... Nothing worked. Finally she actually started to produce dense solid buds. Won't yeild a lot but it looks about 2oz or so... But anyways, sorry for the rant lol but I'm bout to harvest and I've got Animal cookie, Blue Dream, Black indica, Platinum Swan (my own breed) and Ron Herer (my own breed) going into flower right after.... I'm gonna be germinating some seed for new mothers I'm thinking Amesia Haze, Fruit punch, Ripped Bubba and Platinum Swan.
thats what i got in the tent right now,ya stuck all 8 in at 14 in tall ,damn things stretch to 3ft by the time it was done,good thing them stems are stacking on the buds,running in 1 gal pots,i didnt want a t5 for this small space,whole room is 6ft x 10x7ft and crammed full shit,little tent is 2 x4 x 5,doing this shit ninja style hahah built a top for the tent,were filter and fan bolt to top,i got 1 plant getting a little to much heat but cant do shit about it,light all the way up,,these 8 are clones from the mother blue dream i breed with gold blaze,got 5 of those seeds running going into the cab im building,lmao freaking smoke is great,but damn these bitchs grow some legs lol

brazel

brazel

tell ya what i did,took a roll of duct tape and a doobie and sit inside mine toked the doob,every were i seen light i taped,i have 2 400cfm fan and filter combos,1 i have drawing the room air into the filter and into the tent,1 pulling hot air out of tent and pushing smell and heat out of filter ,recirculating the heat and air,crack under door leading outside is about 1 inch,when it closed at night,i have a fan bouncing the heat out and under that crack,blows again the door and also keeps my babies vegging moving,,went and got a steel storage rack today,50 bucks,putting top and bottom in and peg board white side in towards plants,standing right beside the intake fan and filter sitting up and it will then suck air threw those holes and keep the fresh air moving
Haha
I was just gonna say tape is your friend!

K

kansabis

Well my tent is only 2x2 so I barely fit in there and ima small guy lol plus its fulla plants rite now,I have no more floor space as the wife has taken over rest of room so I was thinkin of just vegging on top of desk or sumthin or I mite have to just build a custom cabinet with a veg and flower chamber. I can kind of see the pinholes show light from inside the tent when the room light is off,mite just tape up those spots and see how it turns out. I've had light leaks before when I started out with a homemade tent of 2x4s and panda film and it didn't cause as big of problems as it probably should have.

brazel

brazel

Take their food away and show them who's boss ha that'll control them!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Haha
I was just gonna say tape is your friend!
the way i see it,the doobie will make your eyes close or we hope,hahaha,but i sit in there stoned as hell,i found i need to get some velcro zipper covers,for the mean time i just got a blanket covering it,ninja style,hahahah

Top Bottom