Loompa Headband aka Underdawg OG Whats real, whats not

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Shit man, thank you for the kind words. Im glad you had and are having a good experience with the work me and the farm are doing.

And yes to your answer about other breeders who aren't exploiting my name. yes, Ive spoken to the CFSB boys and they asked if it was cool to work with my work. And I said no problem by me. Actually Im not a Nazi or anything, Im not going around policing the web, I dont have any issues with folks using my gear as long as credit is given where credit is due. I think most breeders feel that way. It's when someone grabs your work and calls it their own, or misrepresents what they actually have, that is shady. And especially with the people buying the gear who dont know which way is up when they sit and try to figure out whats what because everything is so messed with 10 different stories about every plant and person...lol I say call it what it is. Dont mislead people into believing something other than the truth. And whats worse, is those using shady methods and then tagging my name on it. Of course theres nothing I can do about it, and once seeds are sold they are sold and in someones hands to do with as he pleases. Just be honest and truthful about what it really is. Saying something is bagseed isnt neccessarily bad. Fuck....Look at the whole Chemdog, Sour Diesel saga. All this hype over bag seed...LOL

Edit: A prime example is Elite. That guy took ALL my gear and everything he had except his outcrossing that Lemon Thai, was all my work. He sat there calling it own his work, never giving me any credit and then selling packs at outrageous fucking prices. And now today....I still get hit up about Elite using my shit or not, because no one knows for sure. It causes confusion and mystery and frustration as "True" coinesseurs try to figure out all the little things we look for in good smoke. How do you trace lineages if you dont know whats up with the stock your playing with, how do you track specific phenos, highs, resin concentration..etc if you dont know where or what your shit actually is. Im like alot of you. Im a coineseur first and formost. I will never grow a bag of herb that I wont smoke. Matter of fact, I consider it my duty to share with people what good fucking herb is. So many shit growers out there, that as buyers, you need to start putting the pressure on growers to do it better. Its sickening to look at most of the herb sold in clubs anywhere, either in Cali, washington, colorado or where else its legal. And real and truly sick people are smoking that swag and don't know any better because so few focus on growing quality. The badass thing is, that I love the internet for this fact, there is a higher concentration per a capata of coinesseur heads online, than any one place you could go to. Humboldt, California is not the dank capital of the world. It is the commercial capital of the world( well the whole triangle actually) , the coinesseur capital is right here online and we live everywhere.
The art has been lost with commercial growing I do agree. How do you tell your HB from fakes. I feel like I have a similar cut that has been around for a really long time (my mentor had it for 5+ years) and EVERYONE I know has gotten rid of her. I kept it because the reek off of this thing is like the weirdest black licorice and the buds get pretty dense, and the high is insane. Needless to say she shines sometimes but I do not know if I should scrap it or keep trying. I have only grown it out one time and like I said everyone whos given me the genetics has thrown it out, but is there anyway to DEFINITELY tell what HB cut is yours and whats not besides the yield? I have an O.G. thats the same age right next to it and the growth patterns are very similar, except the pistils are fatter on the HB. Would love you to shed some light since HB has always been my Favorite, and this cut has almost made me hate the strain. Love that your getting out there and responding and clearing the dust your the man. Keep on doing what your doing for the love, it shows.
Highest Respects,
Frosty

Jolly Mon

Jolly Mon

The political climate especially among individual cities and counties in Cali is always changing. As these cities and counties try to figure out a way to cash in on this new industry, what we are seeing is a greed fest between cities and counties trying to cash in on all our hard work. So as far as where to get our flowers, it is constantly changing. For the Bay area, I know that Garden of Eden( I think it was called that) does carry our flowers and I know we had a club in San Jose, but I think they stopped carrying our flowers or they were shut down, not really sure. I'd have to look into it more to find out exactly where our gear is in the Bay area, but I do know someone does, cause we distribute via a middleman who supplies that region.

I also might as well throw a little more trivia at you guys, when I first got HB, I had no idea what it was, never even heard of it. So I grew it out and it came out shitty. I grew it out 2 or 3 times and everytime I was not impressed. I was on the verge of just dropping it when a friend came to me and needed cuts to fill his room. I gave him the HB and he grew it out. Months later I get a phne call from him, he was super excited and couldn't contain his emotions about how fucking dank it was. So we met up along with a few friends and saw what the final herb came out like from him. All of us were blown away. We got so lit, lit higher than Ive ever been lit. I even had to go to the store and after smoking it and then going to the store, I completely forgot what I needed, and just wandered the isles for a half hour and couldnt remember a dam thing. I ended up leaving with nothing.

That is when I truly realized....that I was not maximizing the genetic potential of this plant and I needed to hone my skills more. I then spent the next 4 years working on dialing this plant in. All the while never knowing it an OG. Well as alot of us know, the diesels and OG's defy the majority of the basic rules with growing. They are an enigma and difficult to grow. And I had no help figuring it out, took me years and run after run, playing with all the variables, soil, soil structure, ph's, ppm's, feeding schedules, CO2, nutrients, which nutrients in what concentration, supercropping, heat, humidity....etc, you all get the point.

So the point being, when I first got it, I did not know how she liked to be grown and grew shit, it wasn't until a friend nailed her that I saw what I had. That was a very humbling experience to realize I didn't know as much as I thought I knew. anyways, thats just a little bit of obsolete trivia that I thought I'd throw out there for you guys.

I was there on that smokey afternoon. Don't know what was more hazy the "Fire On The Mountain" or my head.

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

Mad respect Loompa! Let me just say to everyone who doubts or has negative vibes about this man, you are out of your fckn mind! He is a real breeder and a really stand up guy. I just wish everyone put there cards on the table, like Loompa. if there genetics were so dam good, they for 1. stop stealing his work or trying to copy or water it down, calling it something its not. Loompa is a straight legend in my opinion, and anyone who hasdealt with him know he is a stand up guy and a stand alone breeder, next level people!

Shamus

Shamus

your a good person with some seriously dank gear homie.

all to often, some of the bigger names just swing dicks and tease the general public, but your in here puttin in work dude. and thats admirable in and of itself. not to mention the flame u be taming over there

mad props

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Loompa, is it possible that a lot of these cats claiming to hold your HB cut got
the genetics from the beans Medic was selling as Loompa HB BX (he also reffered to those as candy kush I believe) back in 09? Just a thought I had as I read through the thread. I got a couple really killer ass females outta those beans. But, since I've never had the pleasure of toking on bud from your original cut, I couldn't make a comparison. Really fine smoke from those beans though. The one girl in particular. I passed cuts on and the flowers still circulate in and around my area. Peeps love that shit out here. Much respect.

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
I'm glad u always keep it Real, Loompa! I def got mad respects for ya, bro. We all know who has legit dank and who's full of shit. The internet can be deceiving and lots of peeps get swindled by these Scumbag wannabe breeders. It's truly sad IMO. I def hope to see ya in SF this summer. It would be nice to talk wit ya again. I def need that Abdominal Snowman in my collection of beans. Keep doin ur thing and working hard to bring out the best meds and seeds for patients and growers alike.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

What's that supposed to mean? Totally serious. I heard people yap about the loompas headband but never seen it or smoked it. If loompa is trying to clarify, shouldn't he throw up some pics of his momma to go along with it??

It's all over the farm, ig, take your pick. I feel that's insulting and lazy on your part, when all ya gotta do is use the search feature. Check Wayne's thread or dirks thread. Asking a O.G. breeder to reveal his blueprint is like me asking for your sister's #.
Respect

S

steelcanaries

Not even in the same ball park lol terrible comparison and he works with cut right, he's not the breeder of og.

Power OG

Power OG

Not even in the same ball park lol terrible comparison and he works with cut right, he's not the breeder of og.
wow, you dnt get how insulting you are being. Loompa doesnt just work lines, he has his own lines, he is a stand alone grower and breeder. his work speaks for itself, and theres plenty grows here showing you the quality of his genetics!

SpiderK

SpiderK

i think pictures can be verrry powerful regarding status ect ....... would be nice to see the dog.

Top Bottom