Lord of the NugZ's and the Vertical Rack of Destiny! err Density?

• Thread starter LordOfThNugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

IMG 18151
IMG 17361
This was the mother hunt room That only had 2 shelves on 4 walls and 1000 watts. I ended up getting way more than I thought I would from a mother hunt and no monocrop. Finished out w/ just over 26 oz and only about 1 1/2 oz of larf. I don't let the larf stay usually but some of the plants in the back escaped with some. Also made a LOT of BHO with the larf and trimmins. Didn't weigh out the BHO Cause I smoked it all.

sixstring

sixstring

its nice when you cant see the leaves under the frost huh:) holy shit that's a frosty bugger,what is she?

619ster

619ster

^^^ I'd like to know as well!

Good stuff LOTN. Can't wait to see what's to come. Peace!

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

It is called Crystal Ship. Named after the 3rd track on the original Doors album.
It is [Wisdomatic(Colombian Sativa x Shiva Skunk BX1) X The White Witch(The White X Witches Weed{C99 X OGK/Chemdog D})] BX3

The Wisdomatic is my own cross that may get BX one more time to the Colombian Sat. It is limey and zippy.

The White Witch is not the one from the old school Freedom seeds. It is a cross between DG's Witches Weed(c99 x ogk/Chemdog D) and the White clone that I did myself.

The Crystal Ship smokes like fresh lime juice hash. Not really any of the sweet/sour funk from the OGK came through. It does have a chemmy almost artificial slant on the lime for aftertaste. It tastes....freshly antiseptic almost. No halitosis-ishness after. A lot of the Colombian sat. and shiva skunk shine through with sativa dominance but there is a swerve added to it that is disorienting, almost like a lime diesel in the head department. It is creeper though because you don't feel anything but the sativa clear until about 30 minutes in, then you are fucked but still able to do activities like disc golf and such. There is serious burnout when you comedown though so you have to keep smoking it every 2 1/2 hrs or so. Once the sativa effects completely wear off, you need to find a couch quickly. You will sleep hard.

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

My Colombian came from the guy that taught me how to grow WAY back it takes a full 100 days to finish indoors. Other than Hawaiian Sativa (Federation), Colombian is my favorite high. My Wisdomatic project was supposed to be structured like old Grimm's C99 but the offspring from just one BX to the Colombian shortened up the time to 72-75 days and thickened it up so much I just left it at 75% Colombian Sat.

Only multiple BX's were backed to Wisdomatic 3 times. 1st BX beans were called Break On Through, 2nd BX were called Soul Kitchen, and of course the 3rd ended up being The Crystal Ship. Obviously coinciding with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd track on The Doors debut album. The project is kind of a tribute to the guy that taught me how to grow in the beginning. His favorite strain was that Colombian and his favorite band was the Doors. He passed away 3, almost 4 years ago and I just wanted other people to experience a high like he dug but without having to do a 100 day cycle and slightly sparse LONG arm buds. Once I get a couple of rounds with selected phenos stabilized these will be sent in as freebies. Unless (forbid!) something strange happens and the project gets shut down.

Anyway... Peace!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Yep I haven't taken my colombian past 11 weeks yet but I am sure she would go another week and get some beautiful coloring. She starts to get all god and purple around week 10.

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

Man, I just saw that Golden Lion has a strain called Crystal Ship. Was just poking around over there looking at his VBK crosses cause I has never heard of Golden Lion till now. I hope he isn't mad about the same name being used. Damn, should I do another BX and call her 20th Century Fox? I do have about 300 Wisdomatuc beans left to work her with.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Back to the original subject of the thread, vertical growing techniques;

The current buildout underway is just two plants around a vertical thouie. Two trellis, 4' tall x 6.25' long, bent into a half circle four feet in diameter. Each section joins end to end with the other just like it and thus forms a circle around the bulb. The plants grow up out of their respective 27 gallon tub and onto each trellis at the bottom in the middle. The plan is to over veg the space and see what yield it might make.

On another thread I discuss in detail reworking my aeration system by throwing away the air pump. No, that's not a typo, I'm dumping my air pump and stones for a waterfall in each tub, and I've just completed a setup I'm happy with. One less system and attendant mess to worry about!

So, the growing surface area of my vertical cylinder of 4' x 4' dimensions is;

pi x diameter x height

3.14159 x 4 x 4 = close enough to 50 ft² not to be worth the quibble. By comparison, the total surface area of the trellis in my horizontal zone is the same- and that's lit by no less than four of the same thousand watt bulbs!

The light distribution is drastically better, too- the trellis has only a small set of footprints properly situated exactly the right distance from the bulb, but the cylinder boasts its ENTIRE inner surface area placed at the exact "goldilocks" distance.

I realize that growing two plants to cover a full fifty square feet of growing surface takes time, I'm working on a solution here, too. Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see how each of our approaches develop.

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

Headed home for the Holidays and to sell my house. The rack system and new mother hunt and everything will be underway as soon as I am back. I was hoping to get a run under my belt before now but with all the flooding and delays getting everything moved I was unable to do so.
I do have everything worked out so it will be up quickly upon return.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Headed home for the Holidays and to sell my house. The rack system and new mother hunt and everything will be underway as soon as I am back. I was hoping to get a run under my belt before now but with all the flooding and delays getting everything moved I was unable to do so.
I do have everything worked out so it will be up quickly upon return.

Bummer on flooding, no matter the cause. Had some of that up here in Northern Colorado recently. Wasn't sure if you're local- not that it matters. Here's hoping you're back in top form soon, brother!

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

Yeah I am in Denver. Didn't really have any flooding in my particular area but I wanted to wait to get everything up till after the threat was over.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah I am in Denver. Didn't really have any flooding in my particular area but I wanted to wait to get everything up till after the threat was over.

Howdy, neighbor! Glad you weren't in the soup, plenty of other local Farmers weren't so lucky.

The oddest thing about this year's flooding was how late it happened. Historically, they land right at the end of July through early August. This one was a month late... We're definitely out of the woods for that particular disaster- now we're coming up on blizzards and power outage weather!

LordOfThNugz

LordOfThNugz

Damn. Gonna have to get used to this whole Colorado thing then. In Texas we just had tornadoes and HEAT and dumbass rednecks with chips on their shoulders. So glad to be away from the rednecks and the heat. I am a pale irish scott so heat is kryptonite to me!

Top Bottom