Lots of Colas. Should I trim?

• Thread starter Oregrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oregrow

Below are pix of my Platinum GCS and Golden Pineapple. They're growing in NW Oregon, were planted on 4/20 (of course) in 15-gallon cloth pots as 6-inch clones. It's two months later and they're both preflowering vigorously and about 3' tall. At a guess, each plant looks like it'll have 25+ colas, not counting little budlets that may or may not develop. My question is, should I chop perfectly good branches just to focus growth on the remaining ones, or just let the plants go and let each cola develop to its max?

TIA.

Platinum GCS.

Golden Pineapple.

JayMan9

JayMan9

Below are pix of my Platinum GCS and Golden Pineapple. They're growing in NW Oregon, were planted on 4/20 (of course) in 15-gallon cloth pots as 6-inch clones. It's two months later and they're both preflowering vigorously and about 3' tall. At a guess, each plant looks like it'll have 25+ colas, not counting little budlets that may or may not develop. My question is, should I chop perfectly good branches just to focus growth on the remaining ones, or just let the plants go and let each cola develop to its max?

TIA.

View attachment 877393
Platinum GCS.

View attachment 877394
Golden Pineapple.
I wouldn't do anything. That plant looks great.

O

Oregrow

No. This is the first time I've had such luxuriant growth, and I'm wondering if having so many colas will mean the buds'll be small or of low potency. To add to my uncertainty, I just moved to Oregon and so this is my first time growing outdoors in this climate and I don't entirely know what to expect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom