Lots of deficiencies, cal mag, nitrogen and maybe light burn? Help!

• Thread starter Brittneyy324
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brittneyy324

Brittneyy324

This is my first grow, so I’m clueless. Plants were planted 6/2. I’ve fed them twice (6/30 and 7/7). I know my light was too close (8 inches at 75% power, Mars hydro ts 3000)

Started 50/50 happy frog and ocean forest. Fed Earth Juice Grow 2x so far.
I’m trying to grow organically, but I will shift if I have to.
Can anyone help me help my babies?

Lots of deficiencies cal mag nitrogen and maybe light burn help

Frego

Frego

NUTE lockout

I’d say I’m no expert

fed to much to soon,
Flush your soil and make sure your ph’s are correct then quarter dose and work way up from there

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
This is my first grow, so I’m clueless. Plants were planted 6/2. I’ve fed them twice (6/30 and 7/7). I know my light was too close (8 inches at 75% power, Mars hydro ts 3000)

Started 50/50 happy frog and ocean forest. Fed Earth Juice Grow 2x so far.
I’m trying to grow organically, but I will shift if I have to.
Can anyone help me help my babies?

View attachment 1145039
I’m a first time grower as well and just harvested and I too grow organically. Buy this one product and you will be good to go it’s called RECHARGE. It has beneficial bacteria and fungi and that’s what you want with organics. It also has some other great additives and just using that will help balance any PH fluctuations which will help correct/prevent nutrient lockout and you will see just how much healthier they are after using it. I used a couple other products but this was the main ingredient I would say and I got plants just glimmering with trichomes. You got this man it’s apart of growing I had to navigate thru a couple deficiencies too.
999997DD 0FFA 415E 8ADD 009F75F69DA1

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
they look good. all that damage is light/heat stress.

looks like new growth is fine though.

as those leaves brown and die you can remove them

read up on flushing and soil... dont do it! your soil is ph fine. it has a buffer that makes it right. ff is 6.3 to 6.5 ph no matter what you do to it.

some conflate soil and soiless be careful and google things before doing things like flushing soil.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

pH is the first obvious issue. If you are trying to grow organically, it's not working.
Your soil will work, but it needs the Recharge. The nutes you have, need to be cut in half.
Organics that are correctly balanced never need to have food added.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the op just burned them, no ph issues or any deficiencies.

he put a 450w light 8 inches from the plant! it is burned. if he does all these things he will only make more problems.

he said it was 75%, so 338w at a hand span from the girls!!!!! burning the bejezzez outta them (bet the heat was outta this world too)!!!!! lucky that is all the damage it did and that they are recovered.

look at the new growth. look at the lower leaves. your damage was when those leaves were up top.

i recognize it because i tend to burn a leaf or two a lot.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The first thing that popped out at me was that it looked like a bad sulfur burn.
then I though, Nahhh... check pH.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
first thing that popped at me, way before the pic even, was "i had my 450w light sitting on top of my leaves", and then i saw smoke<--- my mind added that part. i can feel the heat over here in the hills!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

first thing that popped at me, way before the pic even, was "i had my 450w light sitting on top of my leaves", and then i saw smoke<--- my mind added that part. i can feel the heat over here in the hills!
Dude! Who's smokin my plants??

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
they are salvageable i think,
do you have any bloom/flowering nutrients?
you have deficiency’s and some light burn and overwatering.
what size pot or bag are you growing in?
temps and humidity for lights on and off?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
he had his 450w light 8 inches from his plant. he figured it out and moved it right. now they have grown out and the burn really showing now. new growth is good, bottom leaves are good.

it is a sunburn and some heat stress that got fixed and all is well now

Brittneyy324

Brittneyy324

NUTE lockout

I’d say I’m no expert

fed to much to soon,
Flush your soil and make sure your ph’s are correct then quarter dose and work way up from there
Really, you think I could’ve fed too much? Everyone I’ve talked to thinks I haven’t fed enough. I’m not sure what to do. Some people say it’s just calmag deficiency. I think it may have something to do with the light being too close. But I’m scared to flush them if they’re low in nutes.
they are salvageable i think,
do you have any bloom/flowering nutrients?
you have deficiency’s and some light burn and overwatering.
what size pot or bag are you growing in?
temps and humidity for lights on and off?
you think overwatering? I wait until the plants dry out. If anything I thought I was under watering. I go based on how light the pots are and sticking my finger in the soil. They’re 5 gallon smart bags. Temp fluctuates between 72-76. Humidity 50-60%

Brittneyy324

Brittneyy324

Th
he had his 450w light 8 inches from his plant. he figured it out and moved it right. now they have grown out and the burn really showing now. new growth is good, bottom leaves are good.

it is a sunburn and some heat stress that got fixed and all is well now
Thank you, that definitely makes sense. This was the closest plant to the light and has the most issues so I think it definitely contributed to my problems. How far should the light be for future reference? 18 inches? Or more/less?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it came with a manual, it suggests a distance. start there.

or

get an app for lux.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tsang.alan.lightmeter&hl=en_US&gl=US

(they are not an exact accurate measure, but they are a good place to start)

for vegging start at 30 or 40k, see if the leaves point up, and no tacoing or cringing. adjust as needed.

in flower take it up to about 60k maybe 70k if they are doing great.

you have to watch it and move it as they grow or you move them.

you can raise and lower pots or the light, and you can dim. so you can get it right pretty easily.

Top Bottom