Low EC in run off

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Hi all, first time grower, growing 4 girls in coco in 8 gal pots under 600W of LED. I have had pretty good success so far, but made the mistake of moving to more regular waters and induced overwatering in one of them, had to learn that watering too regularly is watering too 'much'. I have not watered her for 48 hours in an effort to let her dry, still very heavy pot. Have paper towel under mesh pot and air holes in top of coco. Girls are 29 days old today btw. The other 3 are really singing but despite upping nutrients still look a little yellow maybe? I was following a chart that the hydro store gave that said 1.7 EC all the way through veg, but they are getting 2.1 now and I reckon they are keen for more. Every morning they are leaves up and praying, I feel like I could really hit them with Nutes. All of a sudden the runoff dropped from about 1.5 a couple days ago and is now sitting at 1.1. I have also noticed runoff pH at about 6.6 - I am inputting 5.8. I've read that low EC can mean either plants need more food, or there is a salt buildup. I've also read that fast Nitrogen uptake can push pH up. Any thoughts on what might be happening? Are these too close to 'in range' to really worry about at this point, or should I be giving them more? I would assume if it was a salt/lockout issue they wouldn't look so healthy and happy? Pics attached, I'm led to believe Green Crack is a very light coloured strain anyway but would appreciate help. Cheers all. (probably don't need to point out the struggling one is front left)

Tempimager4nchj
Tempimage5qy6p1
Tempimagevxdfdr
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Hi all, first time grower, growing 4 girls in coco in 8 gal pots under 600W of LED. I have had pretty good success so far, but made the mistake of moving to more regular waters and induced overwatering in one of them, had to learn that watering too regularly is watering too 'much'. I have not watered her for 48 hours in an effort to let her dry, still very heavy pot. Have paper towel under mesh pot and air holes in top of coco. Girls are 29 days old today btw. The other 3 are really singing but despite upping nutrients still look a little yellow maybe? I was following a chart that the hydro store gave that said 1.7 EC all the way through veg, but they are getting 2.1 now and I reckon they are keen for more. Every morning they are leaves up and praying, I feel like I could really hit them with Nutes. All of a sudden the runoff dropped from about 1.5 a couple days ago and is now sitting at 1.1. I have also noticed runoff pH at about 6.6 - I am inputting 5.8. I've read that low EC can mean either plants need more food, or there is a salt buildup. I've also read that fast Nitrogen uptake can push pH up. Any thoughts on what might be happening? Are these too close to 'in range' to really worry about at this point, or should I be giving them more? I would assume if it was a salt/lockout issue they wouldn't look so healthy and happy? Pics attached, I'm led to believe Green Crack is a very light coloured strain anyway but would appreciate help. Cheers all. (probably don't need to point out the struggling one is front left)
Looking good. I can see the water stress unless it's in my mind lol. 7 gal.pot will take a bit to get colonized by good roots so they most likely are having low O2 levels be at root zone. +1 letting it dry a bit but not crazy dry..
I been using a bit of h202 in my rez for same fear but my symptoms are worse. You'll pull out of it👍

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Looking good. I can see the water stress unless it's in my mind lol. 7 gal.pot will take a bit to get colonized by good roots so they most likely are having low O2 levels be at root zone. +1 letting it dry a bit but not crazy dry..
I been using a bit of h202 in my rez for same fear but my symptoms are worse. You'll pull out of it👍
Thank you!

Top Bottom