Low input daily coco feeding Idea (Reservoir) - Feedback?

• Thread starter bunkerking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

Side note: anyone who runs a small amount of plants, and wants to run a res. If you don't want to run a aquarium heater.

My igloo cooler holds a temp of 23*c to 17*c over 4 or 5 days. Decent option if someone needs a similar setup .

bunkerking

bunkerking

Thanks man. Really appreciate the kind words. I wonder If the microbes are alive and kicking. I've never had roots so Shiney before. Can't wait to smoke it.

@Enforcer was right. Helping other have success is a great feeling. #thcfarmerfam.

bunkerking

bunkerking

@cemchris or @Aqua Man - we are days out from switching to flower. While i dont need high pk right now, or for a few weeks.
Wont be till what... week 5 or so.

I need to figure out what i should run with the FFGB, and FFBB. Need phos without any extra N.

Raw's phos is heavy in N. So i dont think i can use that.

Any suggestions?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Cheapest thing might be beastie bloom.

I do have nftg bonemeal. But if I'm going to use it. It's for the final """flush""" at the end. It will lock up all salts. And give it some weight /flavor.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Vondank420 suggestion:

Week 1: 5ml Growbig | 5ml Calmag

Week 2: 5ml Growbig | 5ml Calmag

Week 3: 5ml Growbig | 5ml Calmag | 2ml BigBloom

Week 3 1/2: 5ml Growbig | 5ml Calmag | 3ml BigBloom

Week 4: 5ml Growbig | 5ml Calmag | 5ml BigBloom

Week 4 1/2: 5ml Growbig | 5ml Calmag | 7ml BigBloom

Week 5: 5ml Growbig | 4ml Calmag | 5ml BigBloom

Week 5 1/2: 5ml Growbig | 3ml Calmag | 3ml BigBloom

Week 6: 5ml Growbig | 2ml Calmag | 2ml BigBloom

Week 7: 4ml Growbig | 1ml Calmag | 1ml BigBloom

Should be roughly a 8-9 week strain for mk. (more for me to reference but) any suggestions welcomed.

bunkerking

bunkerking

"That's the post I couldnt find. The issue is the ratio with GB Hydro is good as a standalone but the Fe (Iron) is high so running the nutes up to like 700-800 ppm for flower will most likely see a lockout from the High Fe. Would work great if you were supping something Cal Nitrate along with a K/Mg source (cheap booster without a bunch of P - even MKP but thats a number cruncher). "

Potassium sulphate maybe? That's cheap and easy to get. Then use combo of magnesium nitrate and cal nitrate?

Can avoid phosphorus that way but again would have to run numbers

Ah, glad i re-read stuff. Hmmm.

So no extra P due to the phosphoric acid in PH Down?

GB only has 2% Phos, BB only has 0.7%. Curious why you all are saying stay away from it, and go with more k?

bunkerking

bunkerking

Ah. I think this is what you are getting at. After reading some of your past comments on p in flower.

The reason we use veg nutes is because thats really the ratio they need (cannabis, not other plants) For the entire length of the grow.

Once again... The internet has fed me endless amounts of bullshit... kind of sucks to see. But thats marketing.

Last edited:
bunkerking

bunkerking

designed for res/drip/hydro in mind. $12 bucks for 1lbs.
Got that and a 3l measuring cup for $12 as well. Score.

"For soil drench applications, mix 1-2 Tbsp per gallon of water"

Id guess start at 1/4 TBSP in week 5 to flush?
Right as we start to taper down on calmag/bloom big.

bunkerking

bunkerking

remember GB Hydro has Ca in it (2-3% I believe).

Could be. Also the yellowing was prob from it dropping the PH in the root zone and locking out other things.

100-110 ppm of N (N03) max in flower. Think I run right at 103 ppm. 1:2ish N:K. 3:2ish- 2:1ish N:P and you are gravy. Hit that hwoever you want. Fewer bottles the better. As far as bloom boosters only one I would suggest is mag sulfate (epsom). I'm not a believer of PK Boosts.

sounds like. If i run a good coco blend thats well buffered. I can reduce calmag to more like 2ml gal.
Mostly for sulfur (one thing GB doesnt have) , and a bit of extra N.

This will also reduce the amount of iron/trace elements. Its already super high.
Along with reducing costs, and last for awhile.

Big bloom gets used so little, and for such a short amount of time. Its going to last for awhile.
I doubt over 75ml per bloom. (aka last a few years)

As we drop the calmag in late flower. The potassium sulfate will get sulfur back into the mix.
Providing the extra K it wants in bloom. While keeping P low.

Along with dropping N levels in late flower.

$12 K sulfate
$14 calmag
$20 Quart Grow Big
$13 Pint BigBloom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$59 dollars

Not awful. Thats my game plan at least.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Actually might be able to remove calmag all together next run, if I just run ffgb and some mag sulphate (Epson salt). But I'm gonna wait for cem to approve that. Would be nice to reduce the micro nutes.

Top Bottom