low leaves yellow, need advice

• Thread starter rikeoffc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
What does 1/5 mean? 1 time in every 5 watering?
no, probably on the back of the bottle of nutrients or their website would have recommended feeding amounts per week of growth, which is generally way too strong so i meant use 1/5 the strength..
you’ll have to give me sometime now as i’m leaving to do something but could look it up or you could too if you don’t understand it than just wait

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

no, probably on the back of the bottle of nutrients or their website would have recommended feeding amounts per week of growth, which is generally way too strong so i meant use 1/5 the strength..
you’ll have to give me sometime now as i’m leaving to do something but could look it up or you could too if you don’t understand it than just wait
I’ve searched there, but there’s only guide about how much of nutrients I should mix in water, nothing about how often I should feed. Take your time answer whenever you can, you already helped me a lot. Have a nice day!

Ponky

Ponky

I’ve searched there, but there’s only guide about how much of nutrients I should mix in water, nothing about how often I should feed. Take your time answer whenever you can, you already helped me a lot. Have a nice day!
Once a week feed. Rest of the week plain water. Or feed mildly each time. Currently it appears you're over watering into a poorly draining media. Transplant and use a better draining media to transplant into. Use a meter to prevent over watering. Or wait for them to droop and then water.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

hello, 2 days ago I posted about a problem that soil stays wet. I got my answer and now I need help in one more thing. low leaves have been like this for a while already. I'm new to growing and wanna know if this is normal or not. Also I would appreciate your opinions on how well this is growing. I'm using Flora Trio nutrients. thank you all in advance. It's Autofem Tutankhamon (needs 2.5 months to grow) and is about 36 days old. about 20cm in height
What kind of soil is that? Or is it soil less? I don't see any perlite in there, cannabis needs a lot of aeration and drainage in the root zone

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

What kind of soil is that? Or is it soil less? I don't see any perlite in there, cannabis needs a lot of aeration and drainage in the root zone
It’s organic soil, i’ll try to mix some perlite in it i don’t want to damage the roots

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
BC5B9343 7C3C 4C97 9CB0 FEF73E7C1FBB

are your feeding amounts the same as listed in veg? don’t worry about what week?
is there air holes in those pots?
have you taken off the tin foil?
can you take a couple pics of plant from top and side,.
no worries your plant is doing fine. don’t try adding perlite if you haven’t already as you’ll be transplanting again before flowering..

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

View attachment 1129911
are your feeding amounts the same as listed in veg? don’t worry about what week?
is there air holes in those pots?
have you taken off the tin foil?
can you take a couple pics of plant from top and side,.
no worries your plant is doing fine. don’t try adding perlite if you haven’t already as you’ll be transplanting again before flowering..
I’m feeding her with this scheme. Currently with “growing” stage as she’s in 5th week. I will take photos this afternoon and show it to you. So you think that I should transplant before flowering?
Yes there are drain holes and no i haven’t taken off the foil yet, should I do that?

AEC8AB37 15B7 4A35 AB49 4A46BCA7DE5E
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you keep saying you dont want to hurt her transplanting, but you hurt her worse by not. her dirt is too much for her to get her roots into. it needs some of those white bits (perlite) in it - the white bits loosen up the soil and the roots like it. you cant just put it in and mix it, you have to add it to soil before planting, then mix it really good, then pot the plant in it.

when you use a 20L pot, you need to fill it up. you need all that room for roots. a half full pot is not good, a 5 gallon pot is shaped and sized to hold 5 gallons, not 2.5 gallons. if you get a 2 gallon pot you will notice it is taller and skinnier, that is on purpose. get a smaller pot if you want a smaller pot, but do not half fill a bigger pot.

everyone has advised you to transplant. you need to decide and either do it or not, but the longer she stays like that the less chance you have of getting to smoke her.

you cant take a shortcut and just dump perlite in it. you NEED to transplant or toss her and start over.

you cant feed her out of a bad bit of dirt and the wrong pot. no matter how you adjust the feeding, she cant get the food if her roots are mad at you.

you wouldnt like it if your mom kept you in a toddler bed because she was afraid a bigger bed would hurt you... if you want to grow up and see your potential, a bed the right size helps! your girl needs a place to stay with more room and better conditions or growing up wont happen well

BRUUPLIFE420

BRUUPLIFE420

You gotta be careful of splashback, i think maybe those lower yellow leaves are caused by water with nutrients splashing on the leaves. I dont maybe. What is the name of that strain im liking the super serrated leaves you got!

BRUUPLIFE420

BRUUPLIFE420

I'm afraid to transplant from 20L because it's my first time growing. I doubt it's from overwatering because I water once in a week because soil stays wet for long. can you teach me how to add perlite without damaging roots?
A good sign of overwatering is that the pot will stay wet for days on end. And you never know until you try to transplant. You got this!

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

You gotta be careful of splashback, i think maybe those lower yellow leaves are caused by water with nutrients splashing on the leaves. I dont maybe. What is the name of that strain im liking the super serrated leaves you got!
it's Tutankhamun Autofem bro thank u a lot

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Not a fan of autos and typically you should just start it in the pot its going to finish in to avoid transplant shock as a new grower. However these gentlemen have hit the nail on the head between your media not being sufficient enough in volume and not having enough drainage would strongly recommend a transplant. Get new pot (can be the same size just filled all the way) and soil set up, Massage the outside of the old pot to help loosen root ball and soil from pot, gently but firmly put hand around base of plant and turn pot upside down, transplant into new soil and water. You'll be fine

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

The first pic is overwatering damage. Overwatering often looks like a nutrient deficiency, because the root hairs are drowning and dying. The plant can't then get nutrients, and shows signs of deficiency. You may need better draining soil, and you may need to water less. Try waiting until they start to droop a bit once to see how long they can go without, and water one day earlier than that going forward. Note that this period will shorten as the plants increase in size.

As to the feeding schedule, you need to understand that fertilizer isn't food for plants. Light and CO2 is food. Plants can only use nutrients to the degree that adequate light, water, and CO2 are available. More fertilizer than that is toxic. You can't push plants to grow by giving more fertilizer. I use Botanicare Grow and Bloom, mixed at half recommended strength, once a week, and only after the plants are a foot tall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom