Low Ph cant seem to raise

• Thread starter Cook2010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cook2010

Cook2010

The plants are on day 6 of flower, they are under a DE 1000w HPS ushio.im using nectar for the gods nutrient line and they ask to do a "slurry" test to measure and remain in the optimal PH range for the particular Stage of life of the plant. Early Veg, Middle Veg, Late Veg, Early Flower, Late Flower, Flush. The slurry directions are Gather some soil from the test area from the root zone an inch or two deep. take the sample and add equal parts of soil and distilled or deionized (DI) water in a 1:1 ratio Stir the sample for 5 seconds Let it sit for 15 minutes.

Im in early flowering and the optimal ph for this stage according to the chart is 6.3-6.8 as is the rest of flowering.
from left to right
plant 1 slurry reads PH 6.1 TDS 530
plant 2 slurry reads PH 5.8 TDS 800
plant 3 slurry reads PH 6.0 TDS 1260

I have been feeding at 7.2 PH trying to raise the Ph to get it into this optimal range for 5 feeds now so around 15 days. just doesnt seem to care i have no clue as to what im doing wrong/ need to do this is my 3rd overall try at this. the first two times were autoflowers and this is my first run at photoperiods.

i have seeked advice from a nectar specific group and they recommended i check my alkalinity. i have read enough on the forum to know if i have any water issues this is probably the place to come. i do use tap water that is allowed to gas off. TDS 210 PH 6.8 CaCO2 ppm71

i also want to say i do run CO2 i have seen that in these discussions as well. if anyone has any idea let me know. i ordered 25 pound bag of calpril to raise the Ph if needed.

Image0
Image6
Image7
Image8 1
Cook2010

Cook2010

Your plants look good. Maybe just water and use nutes that are pHed
Ok, yes thats all i have been doing is feeding nutes that pH'ed aroung 6.8-7.2 with an occasional tea and flush if ppms get too high. thank you

Cook2010

Cook2010

Check out Dolomite lime, good luck!
will do, any ill effects? i hear if my PH was around 6.4 they would be eating more food and TDS should basically be below 400 every feed but sometimes ppm gets above 1000 and i need to flush.

Cook2010

Cook2010

new slurries 10/30
plant 1 slurry reads PH 6.4 TDS 470
plant 2 slurry reads PH 5.6 TDS 1100
plant 3 slurry reads PH 6.0 TDS 330

plants 1,3 got a feeding PH'd to 6.8
plant 2 was only flushed not sure how ppms went up PH of flush was 7.2.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i see your using the 700 scale for your tds reading,im not familar with the 700 scale,so dont know if to much or not enough ec could be the issue.
is the scale the nute provider using the same scale,those ec numbers also effect your ph

Cook2010

Cook2010

i see your using the 700 scale for your tds reading,im not familar with the 700 scale,so dont know if to much or not enough ec could be the issue.
is the scale the nute provider using the same scale,those ec numbers also effect your ph
yes nectar for the gods uses the 700ppm scale. PH is critical. Nectar for the Gods is a calcium based line that is most available to the plant in a pH range of 6.2-6.8. Nectar for the Gods performs best when the medium is in the pH range of 6.3-6.8 and the PPMs are between 300-500.

485D9FB1 A674 49DA AF2F 12D40FFF4F94
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

yes nectar for t
Hannah feed schedule 001
he gods uses the 700ppm scale. PH is critical. Nectar for the Gods is a calcium based line that is most available to the plant in a pH range of 6.2-6.8. Nectar for the Gods performs best when the medium is in the pH range of 6.3-6.8 and the PPMs are between 300-500.
you do notice that the ec is the same right,500 or 700 they are the same,i find it hard to believe that the nute line has a required limit to the line,anyway i follow the hannah feed schedule works really great,there is a alotment to the stage of your growth,not just a have to number but a open range were you find what works best on the low side or high side of what you feed,if you want to take a look here it is .
this is what i feed by,the 500 scale,but that doesnt matter as long as you feed by ec value and stage of growth,nute companies are in biz to sell to you ,throw all that out window and feed by stage of life instead is my advice,the old tale of feed 1/4 strength of what provider recomends is all guess work,ec numbers are much more dependable to work with

Top Bottom