Low PH run off

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

Well today i noticed a def. in one of my plants and it looks like cal def but then i tested the run off and it was around 5ish which is alil low for soil. how do i get that up? when i add water or nutes should i run the PH alil higher like 7 maybe to correct it. i mean it still could be cal def so when i watered today i just water with plain ph'ed water and 2 tsp of Mag-i-cal. any thoughts??

Thanks

RD

S

skoobie dew

I would just add the mag-i-cal. The ph probably will take care of it's self as your plants get bigger, and your water changes the soil ph. BTW what kind of soil?

R

Radio_Dread

im using roots organic mix right out the bag. been using it the past couple runs and really like it. yeah i also think it is just cal def so i just added 2 tsp of magical today. the other plant is a diff strain but is not showing any of these signs so i dont think it is PH. although i will be be keepin a close eye on the PH more now hah. getting lazy. also the leaves are turin alil yellow along with the rust spots. not all leaves just some

D

Decisive

The easiest way to correct soil pH is to pre-pH any water and nutrients to the desired value before adding it to the container, the soil pH will slowly equilibriate towards the value you want. You might have had lockout from low pH and your soil might not be deficient, i'd be wary about adding nutrients to correct what you perceive as a nutrient deficiency that could possibly be lockout without fixing the pH first.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah thats why i was tryin to kill 2 birds with one stone. i am going to water with just straight plain PH'ed water with magical and have the ph around 6.2 the next couple waterings.

S

SkyHi

I would shoot for a lil higher than 6.2 , i always run my soil at 6.5 ...so if your at 5.0 hit it with some 7.5-8 and get your soil back to 6.0-6.5

R

Radio_Dread

I would shoot for a lil higher than 6.2 , i always run my soil at 6.5 ...so if your at 5.0 hit it with some 7.5-8 and get your soil back to 6.0-6.5

yeah thats what i thinkin i could do. i have a digital ph reader so im going to be using it all the time. so the next 2 waterings i already have PH ready water to flush her out. if that doesnt work then its cal mag. its a big plant 3 1/3 ft. 6th week of flowering

S

skoobie dew

NO NO NO Don't go way high. If you get above about 6.6 you'll cause another set of lockouts. Just ph to about 6.4, a proper leaching aka flush should still have 1/4 nutes (in hydro anyway). Make sure you always over water by at least 10 percent. You might want to check the runoff's ph. If it's below 5.2 then you are going to have problems.

Also if you haven't used a digital meter before, you should have a friend that has help. Digital meters that are sold in hydro shops aren't perfect. They need to be calibrated often. You should let it sit in the water for a few min, or you might get a false reading.

Hope this helps.

S

SkyHi

NO NO NO Don't go way high. If you get above about 6.6 you'll cause another set of lockouts. Just ph to about 6.4, a proper leaching aka flush should still have 1/4 nutes (in hydro anyway). Make sure you always over water by at least 10 percent. You might want to check the runoff's ph. If it's below 5.2 then you are going to have problems.

Also if you haven't used a digital meter before, you should have a friend that has help. Digital meters that are sold in hydro shops aren't perfect. They need to be calibrated often. You should let it sit in the water for a few min, or you might get a false reading.

Hope this helps.

Its up to YOU how you go about it, BOTTOM line get your root zone to ~6.5

R

Radio_Dread

well yes i have a digital ph reader and it works great. i calibrate it every time i use it. im growin in organic soil and have for a min now and have never run into this def prob til this run. i think it is strain specific becuase no other strain has shown this def. and i have run hydro too and never saw this def either. so i dont know, like i said my run off was around 5 so i think PH is my prob here. still a good couple straight waterings with correctly ph'ed water and a weaker nute mix shoudl do the trick. magical has been in my feeding program since day 1.

R

Radio_Dread

thanks dude, will do. should figure out what the prob is in the next 2 days or so. or by the next watering with correct PH. which should be tom if things go as thhey usually go. but it might be an extra day cos i really soaked them this time with some good PH'ed water. but i will keep it posted

R

Radio_Dread

i figured out that it was a PH problem. i guess i was getting kind of lazy lately...ha. but all should be well now. i have well water and it usually runs a PH of a constant 6.5. but for some reason the past week or so i guess it has been runnin around 9! yikes! poor girls. they still got 2-3 good weeks of flowering yet so i think they should recover ok.....i hope.

R

Radio_Dread

yeah just in the past few days they just seem happier. i figure im mostly done with feeding so i will just be flushing from here on out and will be watchin the PH like a hawk for the rest of the go

F

Felicia

Hey I have a few questions maybe yal guys could help. I tested my run off on my plants and it's at a ph 4. What should I do first time grower here so I need help!!!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well today i noticed a def. in one of my plants and it looks like cal def but then i tested the run off and it was around 5ish which is alil low for soil. how do i get that up? when i add water or nutes should i run the PH alil higher like 7 maybe to correct it. i mean it still could be cal def so when i watered today i just water with plain ph'ed water and 2 tsp of Mag-i-cal. any thoughts??

Thanks

RD
Dolomite lime is used to control and stabilize soil PH

Latest posts

Top Bottom