Low Stress Training - Feedback?

• Thread starter AirBud93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AirBud93

AirBud93

hi all,

If you haven’t checked out my grow journal feel free, under “white widow”.

I’m about 21 days into veg and started some LST to give the little sprouts on the stem some light.

I used a small rubber twisty from a loaf of bread, gently placed it around the main stem between the top node and the second. It is anchored into the dirt, clear of any roots.

Let me know if I’m doing anything wrong, or I could be doing something better.

Thanks
AB

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Looks good, friend of mine back in ‘86 did something similar but accidentally broke her completely. Patched her up, best purple kush I can remember.

Ina

Ina

Too bushy and the leaves are touching the dirt which can be dangerous when you watering and stuff,you can get any disease or mold eventually .May be it was better first to top and after few days just to spread the nodes with ties.Main stem is really short so it could stay vertical for now.....But it is not fatal to stay that way,it will grow:)Cute!:)

AirBud93

AirBud93

Too bushy and the leaves are touching the dirt which can be dangerous when you watering and stuff,you can get any disease or mold eventually .May be it was better first to top and after few days just to spread the nodes with ties.Main stem is really short so it could stay vertical for now.....But it is not fatal to stay that way,it will grow:)Cute!:)

So maybe a little snip of the top leaves? Thanks

AirBud93

AirBud93

Its only done in veg...do you see how the 4 tops were created? This is all you need to top to get a Bushier plant.
Ok so I will cut off the top cola and see how it goes. Will send a pic once finished.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok so I will cut off the top cola and see how it goes. Will send a pic once finished.
Its not really a cola in veg..youre just cutting of nodes. Definitely do not do this in flower or last week of veg before flower

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

You'd be better off to just super crop you're plant and tie down after each bend. Lst doesn't effect the plant enough to really change it's growing chemistry. If you just bend the branch without actually damaging the branch or stalk then its not going to change is focus from one branch to the next. Super crop and tie down you're largest branches and the plant will take focus off them branches or stalk and move on to the weaker branches making them the dominant branch or branches until you super crop them and on and on until you have a ton of branches that were at the bottom of the plant and are now at the top of the plant making a hedge like bush with an even canopy.

dan1989

dan1989

I wouldn't have done anything to it at all yet. It's too little let it focus on roots for now. Why do you think it grows so slowly in the beginning? Lot's goes on underground at first. It's natural when starting out to want to do something but you have to practise restraint.

I'd personally go with the above comment about topping at 10" and then super cropping. Worked well for me last run. I admittedly topped early but that was a successful attempt at keeping the plant short as I only had 3ft vertical height at the time :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom