Low Stress Training - Feedback?

• Thread starter AirBud93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

You wanna talk to me about topping when you got a pathetic little couple plants like that lol. Why waste you're light bill clams on an ounce plant?

So I wanted to give a proper response to this instead of slinging insults. Check the picture again, it's 1 single plant. Grown under a cheapo white no-brand '300w' LED with a true draw of 80w. I got around an ounce from that. So yeah you're right, pretty slim pickings.

The power probably cost around ÂŁ30 the entire grow, so good return there, had a nice bit of smoke for around 3 weeks instead of buying it.

You speak as if the size of the grow reflects on my ability as a grower, but that was due to my living situation. I spent three or more years growing in the tightest spaces you can think of, even a effing cardboard box, learning how to squeeze as much out of one plant as possible, so I know a bit about plant training.

Now I've got my new place, plenty of space, sub my grow log and you'll see what I can do with a 600w HPS.

BTW that pic you posted up, very nice but although it wasn't a great pic, it seemed to show that you had failed to remove a lot of the lower, light restricted growth, which with a canopy that dense is certainly not ideal. A clearer pic could prove me wrong. Thanks for reading.

AirBud93

AirBud93

So I wanted to give a proper response to this instead of slinging insults. Check the picture again, it's 1 single plant. Grown under a cheapo white no-brand '300w' LED with a true draw of 80w. I got around an ounce from that. So yeah you're right, pretty slim pickings.

The power probably cost around ÂŁ30 the entire grow, so good return there, had a nice bit of smoke for around 3 weeks instead of buying it.

You speak as if the size of the grow reflects on my ability as a grower, but that was due to my living situation. I spent three or more years growing in the tightest spaces you can think of, even a effing cardboard box, learning how to squeeze as much out of one plant as possible, so I know a bit about plant training.

Now I've got my new place, plenty of space, sub my grow log and you'll see what I can do with a 600w HPS.

BTW that pic you posted up, very nice but although it wasn't a great pic, it seemed to show that you had failed to remove a lot of the lower, light restricted growth, which with a canopy that dense is certainly not ideal. A clearer pic could prove me wrong. Thanks for reading.

Thank you Dan and everyone for the help thus far. Things seem to be progressing nicely. I topped the main stem a few days ago and stopped LST until it grows taller. I'm not sure what to do with all the undergrowth.

Will any of the foliage underneath the canopy develop buds in flowering?

Should it all be trimmed off? Or should the stronger ones be kept?

Here are some pics from earlier. (Think today is day 25-26 of veg) Let me know your thoughts.

thanks,
AB

B2v5WkS4TpqFaj4Ya8MHxQ
L46QBnHaSTypCZ1tjsPupA
Kod4aVL8T12HwwPcNq3Q2A
Gvirgo6TICsgFXnOCnxQQ
Gf8V73oIRxKRi5ItrCNXoQ
AHy8iXIKSgmT7Pewicv45Q
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thank you Dan and everyone for the help thus far. Things seem to be progressing nicely. I topped the main stem a few days ago and stopped LST until it grows taller. I'm not sure what to do with all the undergrowth.

Will any of the foliage underneath the canopy develop buds in flowering?

Should it all be trimmed off? Or should the stronger ones be kept?

Here are some pics from earlier. (Think today is day 25-26 of veg) Let me know your thoughts.

thanks,
AB
Now youre gonna let it grow for a bit so the bottoms catch up.. Then about a week before flower youre gonna want to trim from the bottom up(this takes time and skill to get down) this lets some air get under the canopy and this diverts energy from the pop corn crap to the good tops.

Ina

Ina

Now you can put the biggest leaves under the small branches so they can see the light.it wont harm the plant.You can do it from time to time so you don't have to defoliate much for now.Show all the small nodes where it is possible. I don't even see them on that pic from above:)

AirBud93

AirBud93

Apologies for the late reply.

My lady is now approximately 36 days into vegetation. Over the past 10 days I have trimmed the plant of any small growths without direct light. A few days ago I noticed that roots were growing out the bottom, which I was generally happy about because it means growth is solid. However it meant I waited a fews days too long before transplanting. I picked up a $6 plastic planter at the local hardware store, approx 5 gal pot but honestly not sure - just know its much bigger than old ceramic.

Transplanting went much smoother than initial move. I used a butter knife around the edge of the pot to dislodge and loosen the whole mass. After shaking off excess soil I gave a few hards taps to the bottom, leveraged my butter knife and "POP" it came right out.

As you will see from the pictures, the roots did start to bound and the very bottom, but nothing too serious. I transferred into new pot that already had some fresh soil (BTW still using Miracle Gro :) ).

Please share any comments, questions, or criticisms.

Thanks,
AB

CqQCQiJQcqlRGQJ1CmrA
S56suVsBQYimOkDuGRLj0Q
DqS23ZXSpulE18IMieMA
SUrreaTcQfuktIRICE2juQ
9diaHgnyTY6G7cjmgMSeQg
4EB39wSQB1s2F9pr9MUw
G6KM4mXvSdmt4lIt8qZ7Q
6kD5Qy5ERXKcsLzfaMcXEA
BGmoflx4QTcbTwMep0Q8g
JcTkwfIZQMyHA3yCBbyXwA