• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
XxHammer

XxHammer

So, it is about that time.

Thanks to the people of this forum and other sources, I have been successful so far. I would like to continue this so I will stick to the method that got me this far.

Educate me about Low Stress Training for Dummies please.

I got some plant ties and what not...

Educate me please.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Is there any other "maintenance," I should be doing with these plants?

At what time do I start doing some defoliation? I have seen some times where people clear all branches below a certain point... Is this when they flip to Flower?

Thank you for any time you spend educating me on LST, defoliation, and Veg in general.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
what strains? you might consider some different things, like fimming or topping (not lst, but can be good things), then train some.

XxHammer

XxHammer

They are Skywalker Indica strain.

My issue with bending and tying is just their height. They are only about 5'' tall. I was waiting for them to get a bit taller.

I believe they are on their 4th node/ set of leaves now

euphoria526

euphoria526

You can start now if you wish. I prefer to wait till they have enough nodes to top and not stress. That way you have a decent amount of branching to start bending. Wait a few days and watch for growth. I personally start defoliating after it gets super bushy. No need to rush cutting leaves that early

euphoria526

euphoria526

When do you personally top your plants? How many nodes? or Height?
I tipped on my 5th or 6th mode and just defoliators from there.

‘79 has tons more exp then I do so take my advice with a grain of salt

euphoria526

euphoria526

If I want to maximize yield, I top on day 13-14 from sprout and again on day 20-21. Then flip an day 28-30. Any longer veg reduces my relative yield. No major defoliation as that reduces my yield. I just clean up the bottom.
Is this from seedling? Are you using feminized seeds?

XxHammer

XxHammer

I am thinking more and more about topping. I was originally only going to Tie them and bend them towards the outside of the pot.

Topping is considered HST, no?

growsince79

growsince79

I am thinking more and more about topping. I was originally only going to Tie them and bend them towards the outside of the pot.

Topping is considered HST, no?
Don't know all this new lingo. I just do what works for me.

growsince79

growsince79

Ok that makes more sense. Lol it sounded like you did that after the first week, period. Haha. I’m thinking’ that didn’t sound right
I usually flip at day 14-21. 28-30 is only for max yield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom