• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Afternoon squabblers 😁

We here at the farm encourage debate... the important part is doing it in a respectful manner.

Disagree and argue to your hearts content but....STOP the name calling and personal attacks... end of story.

You all are better than that so don't make me have to go pick cat shit out of the sandbox or it will be closed.

Thank you.

TSD

TSD

Do you still want to bend a plant if you just topped it??
Honestly you have to experiment and see what works best for you and your space and the strains you have. I have a variety of methods going on. I topped my 3 oldest ladies and am still doing LST as well because I want them incognito in my garden. Some I only topped, some I only LST'd and one experienced my first attempt at super cropping. They have about a month left inside, they may be bonsai trees by then.. It's a hobby, they are pretty resilient for the most part as long as they are healthy when you train them in any way. Shit, I had one mowed over in a field by a tractor in flower and the main stalk broke... taped it up and she healed. Don't be afraid to do some hands on learning. 🤷‍♀️

XxHammer

XxHammer

Honestly you have to experiment and see what works best for you and your space and the strains you have. I have a variety of methods going on. I topped my 3 oldest ladies and am still doing LST as well because I want them incognito in my garden. Some I only topped, some I only LST'd and one experienced my first attempt at super cropping. They have about a month left inside, they may be bonsai trees by then.. It's a hobby, they are pretty resilient for the most part as long as they are healthy when you train them in any way. Shit, I had one mowed over in a field by a tractor in flower and the main stalk broke... taped it up and she healed. Don't be afraid to do some hands on learning. 🤷‍♀️

Haha that's funny. I will definitely feel much better experimenting once I have this first grow under my belt and at least understand the basics, which I still do not.

Hopefully I am flipping these ladies to Flower in about 2 weeks or so. (Day 24/25, been transplanted for just 8/9 Days as of now)

XxHammer

XxHammer

A couple of my plants have very large fan leaves... is there any rules when it comes to cutting off fan leafs? Should I leave them all or would it be a good idea to maybe take the bottom pair of large fan leafs off the larger plants....

It is actually just 2 of the ladies, I am going to take a pair of fan leafs off that seem to be blocking a lot of the new growth. The other 2 ladies have good even growth right now. One is super stunted. Only 5'' where the other 3 are all about 7''

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

A couple of my plants have very large fan leaves... is there any rules when it comes to cutting off fan leafs? Should I leave them all or would it be a good idea to maybe take the bottom pair of large fan leafs off the larger plants....
Cut them all off on one plant and not another. Its the best way to learn. Post lots of picks.

growsince79

growsince79

It is actually just 2 of the ladies, I am going to take a pair of fan leafs off that seem to be blocking a lot of the new growth. The other 2 ladies have good even growth right now. One is super stunted. Only 5'' where the other 3 are all about 7''
Lift the short one closer to the light.

TSD

TSD

Yeah make your canopy even and maybe train them down to your liking. I use foam covered wire and stab holes in the rim of my pots.
20210422 140525

XxHammer

XxHammer

I was doing that, I have some bricks that I use to elevate 1 end of my watering trays and had that plant elevated closer but then figured if she was closer to the light she wouldnt be encouraged to grow on her own. But I am going to water this afternoon (Yay they made it over 48hrs!!!) and I will put the little one on bricks again.

I will also do trimming of a couple large fan leafs off a couple plants. Will update my Grow Log when finished.

Thank you for your help!

Martymcfly248

Martymcfly248

Well you are being taught by morons who feed you full of Fake news plagurized and regurgitated internet bullshit. I don't know the new lingo, I just know what works. Topping a healthy young plant is in no way stressful and plants start vegging the day the break ground. I would ignore anyone who says otherwise.
I agree topping can be done at any age regarding how young it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom