• Thread starter XxHammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
growsince79

growsince79

So are you doing SOG because with that timeline I imagine shorter plants
No SOG. I'm just going through as many seeds as I'm allowed, and trying not to grow too much. Just doing some crosses and seeing which seeds are keepers.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Why would you say that?

Because youre super condescending towards new growers who use terms we learned from reading and learning about cannabis cultivation here and other places around the internet. These are not terms we invented ourselves (LST, HST, Rooting, etc)... these are terms we were taught but you seem to make it a point to make people feel stupid for being beginners.

growsince79

growsince79

Because youre super condescending towards new growers who use terms we learned from reading and learning about cannabis cultivation here and other places around the internet. These are not terms we invented ourselves (LST, HST, Rooting, etc)... these are terms we were taught but you seem to make it a point to make people feel stupid for being beginners.
Well you are being taught by morons who feed you full of Fake news plagurized and regurgitated internet bullshit. I don't know the new lingo, I just know what works. Topping a healthy young plant is in no way stressful and plants start vegging the day the break ground. I would ignore anyone who says otherwise.

euphoria526

euphoria526

Well you are being taught by morons who feed you full of Fake news plagurized and regurgitated internet bullshit. I don't know the new lingo, I just know what works. Topping a healthy young plant is in no way stressful and plants start vegging the day the break ground. I would ignore anyone who says otherwise.

It may be true, but some people don’t top at the right time, some people listen when they get told you can top any time, which leads people to believe they are stressing the plant because of stunting and catch up growth times.

I mean how many times do you hear water coco to runoff, yet you’d kill a seedling if you did exactly that, shit I’ve done it too many times, yet first run in soil was successful. I put that to paying attention to the plant itself, she’ll tell you what she needs, just some people don’t know how to listen. I didn’t know how to listen till i did everything myself, hands on, and I got to watch it flourish. Now I know how to deal with that. Someone pole learn better by being told.

I have a buddy who is having the most insane beginners luck. He has a forest and has no idea what he’s doing lol

Op it’s all about your comfort level, if you feel the need to grow one out fully, first, just to see the cycle first hand without training, DO IT. You’ll learn. :)

XxHammer

XxHammer

That is what I am doing basically. Just looking at the plants and trying my best to try and understand what they are telling me. But obviously as a first time grower you dont always know what these signs mean.

For example. One or two of my plants were showing some upward curling on the edges of the leafs which lead to believe slight over-watering but it could also be too much light intensity/ heat stress, no? I did back the light off a few more inches last night, in addition to topping my plants.

Anthem

Anthem

Maybe try being a little bit more respectful to people that have much more knowledge than you have and you will get the answers you are looking to get. It is really odd that you titled this LST for Dummies as if you did not know anything about it and yet you have the terms (LST, HST, Rooting, etc) in your comments above and you state terms you have learned. If you need a visual understanding of the varies techniques try using you tube. There are plenty of videos on the varies types of training one can do. This is not really rocket science. What you are growing and the techniques are no new.
Training is over rated IMO. I top to get the number of heads I am looking for and go from there. Plant structure dictates topping. Indica leaning plants have a bush nature to them, which if you are aware of the terms, LST, HST you should already be aware of. Secondly, sativa leaning plants are much more elongated and required much more support thru the flowering process. Hybrids are a mix of the two and are strain depend as to what they will require.
Put in the time, that is about the only way you are going to get any better at this. The internet and you tube will give you some understanding but the only way to really get good at growing is to put in the time just like any endeavor. You want to be a better golfer, there is only so much you can learn from the internet, most of the learning is going to happen on the golf coarse. The same applies to growing.

Anthem

Anthem

My plants would have had nothing to top on day 10-14 haha.

View attachment 1115459
Are these your plants with the upward curling? Let them grow some more before you start worrying much about the leaves upward curling. FWIW, I would not have topped such a small plant. IMO you will slow down the grow. They appear to be on their 3rd node.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I didnt even necessarily mean towards me. He has been relatively helpful to me in my thread. But it is how he treats people in general here. I know those terms from reading here and other places. Yes, I did hear that Sativa plants tend be a little taller and stretchier.

I think I have done a pretty good job of learning so far and that is reflected in my plants and in my setup.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Are these your plants with the upward curling? Let them grow some more before you start worrying much about the leaves upward curling. FWIW, I would not have topped such a small plant. IMO you will slow down the grow. They appear to be on their 3rd node.

No, these are my plants. I topped them after the 4th node.

Please look at them and let me know what you think.

Anthem

Anthem

I didnt even necessarily mean towards me. He has been relatively helpful to me in my thread. But it is how he treats people in general here. I know those terms from reading here and other places. Yes, I did hear that Sativa plants tend be a little taller and stretchier.

I think I have done a pretty good job of learning so far and that is reflected in my plants and in my setup.
Either way you are being a to him when he was just trying to help you so quit trying to
That is what I am doing basically. Just looking at the plants and trying my best to try and understand what they are telling me. But obviously as a first time grower you dont always know what these signs mean.

For example. One or two of my plants were showing some upward curling on the edges of the leafs which lead to believe slight over-watering but it could also be too much light intensity/ heat stress, no? I did back the light off a few more inches last night, in addition to topping my plants.
I am just going to say it how it is and if you do not like it so be it. You struck out at him plan and simple. And your comments about done a pretty good job learning so far and that is reflected in my plants and in my setup, is just your self gratification for your ego. Secondly, wait until you have completed the grow and have dried flower in hand before you start talking about how good of a job you have done. FWIW, the hard part is still to come.

Leave the Ego on your side of the key board and things will go a lot easier.

XxHammer

XxHammer

Wow. Just stop. You clearly have no idea what the fuck youre talking about. This dude has bounced thread to thread trolling new growers and definitely deserved to be called out for it. I am on this forum every single day for the last month or two and have seen it with my own eyes. You shouldnt comment on stuff you dont know anything about. That makes you look like an idiot yourself. Jumping to someones defense based on limited information, probably solely on the fact that he has a ton of posts and we are new people.

my comments were not based on any ego that I have. They were a reflection of comments from people on here. But again. You would know that if you knew what the fuck you were talking about.

Smoke a joint and mind your own business next time

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Topping a healthy young plant is in no way stressful and plants start vegging the day the break ground. I would ignore anyone who says otherwise.
[/QUOTE]
That would include about every grower on every website. Topping is very stressful, that’s why it works. The plant responds to the damage by doubling the output.

Anthem

Anthem

Wow. Just stop. You clearly have no idea what the fuck youre talking about. This dude has bounced thread to thread trolling new growers and definitely deserved to be called out for it. I am on this forum every single day for the last month or two and have seen it with my own eyes. You shouldnt comment on stuff you dont know anything about. That makes you look like an idiot yourself. Jumping to someones defense based on limited information, probably solely on the fact that he has a ton of posts and we are new people.
Hey @1diesel1 or @Aqua Man can someone please explain to this lad that the words in his post do not fly?

XxHammer

XxHammer

Aquaman is on here all the time. He knows exactly what I am referring to.

What, the word "idiot," is too much for you to handle or something? Then mind your own business. Dont act like an idiot and you wouldnt be called one.

Madbud

Madbud

The point of lst is to help the plant without damaging it. By gently bending this girl over opens the lower growth to more light.

growsince79

growsince79

Topping a healthy young plant is in no way stressful and plants start vegging the day the break ground. I would ignore anyone who says otherwise.
That would include about every grower on every website. Topping is very stressful, that’s why it works. The plant responds to the damage by doubling the output.
[/QUOTE]
I guess every plant Ive ever grown is just magic then. I top and they don't miss a beat.

Madbud

Madbud

I guess every plant Ive ever grown is just magic then. I top and they don't miss a beat.
[/QUOTE]
And i knew a guy “back in the day” who stepped on his young plants to keep them out of sight. Works great, he didn’t call it supercropping but that’s what its called today.

Anthem

Anthem

What, the word "idiot," is too much for you to handle or something? Then mind your own business. Dont act like an idiot and you wouldnt be called one.
If you feel the need to call me an idiot have at it. I really do not care, and I will not be minding my own buiness. This is a public forum and provided I follow the rules I am welcome. 2 months on the site and you are an expert. Way to go!!!!!!!!!

growsince79

growsince79

Nobody's trying to troll you or hurt your feelings. Just trying to help you learn. There's lots of really stupid ideas that get copied and pasted by all the fake news plagurized and regurgitated weed get sites. What sense does it make to say veg growth starts on day 20 or 30 or however you want to count. That's just one example. Telling people that pinching of a growing tip is high stress is another common fallacy. I would stay away from sites that copy and paste from other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom