low temps at nite

• Thread starter Fred el Gato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

Did a quick search and couldn't find an answer. Problem is that we got alot of rain and the expected lows are going to be low 50's to high 40's and I have 15 ladies in the back 40,not easily excessible. I am wondering if I need to worry that its too cold for them. the strain is SourD? from clone was vegged for 2 weeks before I put them out 1st of Aug. they are now 2 to 2.5 ft tall and have just started to flower. Any suggestions or comments to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated. TIA Fred

I

IpuffAlot

don't worry they can handle it.it's the frost you gotta worry about.

S

scuba steve

I would not worry about it unless it gets into the 30's.I do an indoor grow in the winters and temps go below freezing outside and to the high 40;s in my 9x9 room the indica plants seem to love the colder night temps but sativas seem to not do as well but still ok.The temps you gave they should be fine with the age and size you gave i betcha they are going to purple up for you.Good luck .Steve

S

Slab

condensation and mold is what I am watching for. we are dipping in low 50s for about 10 days also , thankfully sunnny most of the time mid 70 temps

D

Dice

I live up north in the midwest, i leave plants un tell it snows. Im am not pulling your chain they can take it. Up hear we get frost around October 2nd. (Theres a freeze and frost warning tonight up hear) I leave my plants out tell oct 15 with no problems.
I do grow in active compost thow wich dose help.

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

Thanks for the replies IPuff,Steve,and Slab. Am a noob and trying a little of both worlds and really didn't know what a cold snap could do. Hoping I wouldn't have to tent could possibly be seen. Thanks again for the mind easement. That purpling would be pretty cool also.

P

poedizzle

I live up north in the midwest, i leave plants un tell it snows. Im am not pulling your chain they can take it. Up hear we get frost around October 2nd. (Theres a freeze and frost warning tonight up hear) I leave my plants out tell oct 15 with no problems.
I do grow in active compost thow wich dose help.

Diddo, and some of my tomatos didnt take it too well, :sick0004: peace
~POE~:sick0004:

S

spin doc

I too am a northern tier gardner with a taste for Kali Mist. While I can understand the anxiety associated with cool night temps ... if I let that stop me, I would never be able to hook up with my Kali Ladies. Snow, sub-freezing temps and clandestine rippers are the true enemies

Great time of year! About 2 1/2 weeks out from first round of harvest (Mandela's 8 Mile High. Kalis come much later)... been resting up for those long hours of manicuring. A true labor of love!

Top Bottom