Lower leaves dying off by shriveling and turning brown

• Thread starter brundel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brundel

brundel

Lower leaves dying off by shriveling and turning brown, but not dried. It starts from the leaf tips and works its way back up to the center of the leaf, at which point the whole leaves tends to shrivel and die off. All the other leaves are green and healthy, for the most part.

I can’t find anything online or in the literature that is like this. Can anyone please help?

Lower leaves dying off by shriveling and turning brown
Lower leaves dying off by shriveling and turning brown 2
Lower leaves dying off by shriveling and turning brown 3
Lower leaves dying off by shriveling and turning brown 4
Anthem

Anthem

4958F98D 1C45 457F 8192 8DD80C913084
Can we get some better pictures of the dead and dying leaves and a whole plant picture?

brundel

brundel

The powdery white residue on the leaves are from a foliar milk spray I was using to treat a mild powdery mildew

brundel

brundel

The powdery white residue on the leaves are from a foliar milk spray I was using to treat a mild powdery mildew
I am about one month into flowering also. But, the problem happens before flower also

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Growing outdoors in soil is not my thing but it looks to me like something is peeing on the bottom of the plant.

brundel

brundel

It’s light dep in a greenhouse, I just pulled it out to take the photo. Sorry, should have said that.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

4th pic down in post 3 is really interesting. It sure looks to me like some form of contamination splashing onto the lower branches. That pic looks so abnormal to me in terms of everyday issues since the top of the plant is doing well.

Does this give you any ideas as to what might be happening? hard to say from afar without more info.

brundel

brundel

4th pic down in post 3 is really interesting. It sure looks to me like some form of contamination splashing onto the lower branches. That pic looks so abnormal to me in terms of everyday issues since the top of the plant is doing well.

Does this give you any ideas as to what might be happening? hard to say from afar without more info.
No, as no one has access to the plants and I don’t water the leaves. But whatever it is, is only affecting the lower leaves. Even the ones that are not dying are still a lime green as opposed to the dark green on the top half of the plant

brundel

brundel

As far as more info:

soil/compost mix.
I haven’t fertilized during flower, yet
I don’t know PH
Temp range mid 70’s to mid 50’s F
Humidity has been too high for 10 days

Top Bottom