Lowrider feminized?

• Thread starter drfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

drfarm

Just been thinking about Elite's AK lowryder for outdoor grows. From what I read, it is a good plant for its type, and might make a good early season outdoor trial. If this were grown it seems you would need a lot of the runts to do much so better if they were feminized seed.
So how is it possible to fem coll.silver or any method since you cannot tell sex of the plant until it is in bloom. I guess there is no preflower period, just straight to flower, choosing a female for the treatment seems next to impossible without some real wild guessing. Maybe just treat a group and kill the pure males in the bunch, saving pollen from the survivors?

I dont know..very confused here..Ideas?

D

drpressure600

you can buy 'AK 47 lowryder' feminized buy 'the joint doctor' that will cut out any males, check them out . .

P

phoenix

I made my own f-2's from a pack of joint doctor's LR2. Got 3 females and 7 males.Cos they were already ibl's i used 2 males to pollinate.Last run 1 female stood out and was 2/3 the size of the others[twice dry weight 14g]and has the fruity smell and taste of one of the p-1's.They are real frosty and hold there own against other strains of similar nature.In soil bigger harvests are had with lr2 if you put them in their final pots straight away,with this method you can get up to an oz.Better sex ratio's aswell.
The females show at 21 days and the males just b4,about 17 onwards.You could reverse one at 30 days and pollinate the others at a much later stage than normal,ie 48days cos there will still be plenty of white pistils u will just have to carry the flowering period on longer to ripen up the seeds.Say from day 40 to day 84,this isn't much longer ,only a few weeks more than normal.

B

bonbonbondia

pollinate the others at a much later stage than normal,ie 48days cos there will still be plenty of white pistils u will just have to carry the flowering period on longer to ripen up the seeds.Say from day 40 to day 84,this isn't much longer ,only a few weeks more than normal.

Thanks for the info from experience on pollinating the auto females.

My first try with LR2 I got 10 seeds and all 10 were male. That's why this time I bought 5 LR2 fems and a pack of the LRmixed pack unfeminized. Sure enough, the fems that germinated are all female and the 2 LRmixed pack seeds that I have grown out so far are both male. :( It seems making the auto fems is a darn good idea.

I have a grow diary for them:

P

phoenix

No worries Bon,thought it was me cos of the bad ratio but you say you had similar results,interesting that,wonder why though.I have heard of some strains being strongly female dominant cos i read a thread saying that 80% was a consistent ratio and now i can' remember the name of the bastards!lol
One thing the lows i have grown don't need a lot of food,organics brought out some nice colour aswell.Hydro needs a real weak e.c.

B

bonbonbondia

No worries Bon,thought it was me cos of the bad ratio but you say you had similar results,interesting that,wonder why though.I have heard of some strains being strongly female dominant cos i read a thread saying that 80% was a consistent ratio and now i can' remember the name of the bastards!lol
One thing the lows i have grown don't need a lot of food,organics brought out some nice colour aswell.Hydro needs a real weak e.c.

I was planning on just pollinating my females with the male LRmixed pack, but this may have changed my mind. Perhaps I should just make up a batch of coll silver and make a bunch of fem seeds. Time for some reading.

D

drfarm

Thanks Phoenix, great info.would have certainly required a lot of effort (ie..mistakes) to get your experience. I think I can follow your calendar but may start two groups a week apart to better pollinate the second group females. Really want to run Elites AKs because he is a big contributer to the farm and has super rep for quality. But Doc Chronic has some blueberry lowlife that looks interesting too. One thing I read somewhere was that the autoflower in these genetics fades pretty fast ,so maybe not good to go past F2. Cant say if this is true or not, only that I read it somewhere. And thank you also Bon, your earlier posts helped me to consider lowryders in the first. Thanks so much, going to read here too. lol

D

drfarm

on a further thought, maybe best to get the fem packs to feminize with, if the ratio is truly that bad with the males. Were they joint doctor fem packs you have? Anything but LR2 they have? I really liked the idea of AK and/or BB crosses

B

bonbonbondia

on a further thought, maybe best to get the fem packs to feminize with, if the ratio is truly that bad with the males. Were they joint doctor fem packs you have? Anything but LR2 they have? I really liked the idea of AK and/or BB crosses

My results:
1st try: 10 of the Joint Doctor's LR2 unfeminized == 10 male plants.
2nd try:
5 of the Joint Doctor's LR2 feminized == 2 females out 4 germed. 2 did not germ or grow. (1 left in fridge)

10 of Lowlife's Auto AK47 == 1 female, the other 9 did not grow successfully, about 5 of them germed, but came out with a black tip and would not progress from there.

20 of the Joint Doctor's mixed pack == 2 males after germing 5 (the other 3 did not germ). (15 left in the fridge)

Needless to say I have had dismal results with getting successful females from auto-flower seeds. Now it could be me -- I'm no professional breeder -- but I will say I have gotten worse results from them than any other non-auto I have tried grown. I think if someone is serious about growing the auto's ensuring a successful seed harvest should be top priority. Because they are not inexpensive and seem to be hit or miss.

S

satty

I am growing out some " Sweet and Low "
S.T. X Lowryder there nice for AF.s but i have about 12 days left on them and i need the space.
If your into that sort of micro grow thing those are for you.
The SNLs smell like cat piss loaded with beautiful trics.
:star

M

mjplant

autoflower

:anim_30:I growin 3 fems just started 2 more first 5 2 males 3females and will let u all af fans hopefully i will have some pic`s mjplant.......:anim_30::damnhippie:

budboy299

budboy299

I had 17 out of 20 germinate from the AK47 x lowryder seeds from this site. They are in the THCbay part.
So far they are 10 days into life so no reports on the ratio of males to females.
I will say one thing....the roots grow faster than just about any other strain I have grown yet!

P

phoenix

sorry to hear about your bad luck.
i can add that this time i have used 6"pots and they seem much bigger and happier.They are just starting to mature so if u want i'll put some pics up.

just a thought but if u want fems why dont u take your fav female at least 2wks past
being ripe and with a bit of luck she might but out a few stamens.

Or isolate the female and mess around with the light cycle.

If u get a xx female then no matter what u do she will only impart the x chromosone[courtesey of the silicon magician],so a male flower can never develop,plus some strains just dont respond.
only one way to find out.

@budboy,hey man,be real interested to see those ak's and how they turn out.

P

pollenjock111

pollenjock111

id like to give some outos a try anybody got a good one theve grew ak???or any outhers????

Latest posts

Top Bottom