Lowryder Autoflower - How Much Longer?

• Thread starter ArrEll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArrEll

ArrEll

Hi all. I had this Lowryder seed, which I popped in the middle of a different Grow (now finished). This supposedly "short, squat" plant skyrocketed to at least 2-1/2 feet tall. For the first month of its existence, I did not really have the room, and it got shoved off to the side. It's planted into Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and I haven't done much with it. Gave it a Taste of Bloom fertilizer 2 weeks ago (mixed 1/2 strength). Anyway, it's flowering. Not very exciting, but here it is.

Lowryder autoflower   how much longer

QUESTION, to all: I've read that the Lowryder has a very short lifecycle. This plant is now 2 months, 3 days from seed. It's got the one main COLA, as promised, and little else. Does anyone have a lot of experience with this strain? I'd like to conclude it before or at the 3-month mark, as I believe this strain should Mature before then (long before, actually). Is there anyone here who wants to hazard a Guess, as to whether this plant will be ready to harvest, 3 weeks from now? Using a 1200w quantum board-style light, dimmed to 75% (if that helps). I don't really want to spend more than 3 months on this plant, but will if I have to.

ArrEll

ArrEll

3 months is normal you still have weeks
Thank you for responding. I've never grown a Lowryder before. After it quickly grew to + 30 inches (straight up!),
I began thinking there was something Wrong with it lol.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Hi all. I had this Lowryder seed, which I popped in the middle of a different Grow (now finished). This supposedly "short, squat" plant skyrocketed to at least 2-1/2 feet tall. For the first month of its existence, I did not really have the room, and it got shoved off to the side. It's planted into Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and I haven't done much with it. Gave it a Taste of Bloom fertilizer 2 weeks ago (mixed 1/2 strength). Anyway, it's flowering. Not very exciting, but here it is.

View attachment 1088572

QUESTION, to all: I've read that the Lowryder has a very short lifecycle. This plant is now 2 months, 3 days from seed. It's got the one main COLA, as promised, and little else. Does anyone have a lot of experience with this strain? I'd like to conclude it before or at the 3-month mark, as I believe this strain should Mature before then (long before, actually). Is there anyone here who wants to hazard a Guess, as to whether this plant will be ready to harvest, 3 weeks from now? Using a 1200w quantum board-style light, dimmed to 75% (if that helps). I don't really want to spend more than 3 months on this plant, but will if I have to.
10 days later. Still about a week or two to go, I think. We are having -13 Below Zero temps here. This cold Snap has been with us for two days and certainly won't last much longer. My furnace is getting a Mega-Workout. Hopefully, my plant is not pulling up too much Cold from the floor. It sits on two layers of Mylar fabric, plus carpet & padding. Thermometer on the floor next to it reads about 72 degrees F. This plant doesn't look like it will yield more than an ounce of Bud.....Frankly, I'll be happy to get that much out of it.

Feb1520

BUT IT SMELLS REALLY NICE!!!! Even through the charcoal filter, which reminds me: I need a new one, before my next Grow (Afghan Kush Feminized, lower right).

ArrEll

ArrEll

10 days later. Still about a week or two to go, I think. We are having -13 Below Zero temps here. This cold Snap has been with us for two days and certainly won't last much longer. My furnace is getting a Mega-Workout. Hopefully, my plant is not pulling up too much Cold from the floor. It sits on two layers of Mylar fabric, plus carpet & padding. Thermometer on the floor next to it reads about 72 degrees F. This plant doesn't look like it will yield more than an ounce of Bud.....Frankly, I'll be happy to get that much out of it.

View attachment 1092233

BUT IT SMELLS REALLY NICE!!!! Even through the charcoal filter, which reminds me: I need a new one, before my next Grow (Afghan Kush Feminized, lower right).

Here it is, one week later (largely looks the same)....Man these trichomes are taking forever! Could this be a strain, that NEVER develops Amber in its trichomes? I am tempted to harvest now, but will wait one more week. Thoughts, anyone?

Feb202020

Moshmen

Moshmen

Here it is, one week later (largely looks the same)....Man these trichomes are taking forever! Could this be a strain, that NEVER develops Amber in its trichomes? I am tempted to harvest now, but will wait one more week. Thoughts, anyone?

View attachment 1093976
Still lots of white hairs - at least a week prolly 2 or 3 it will be worth the wait both in yield and potency

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

3-4 weeks then start checking trichomes. How can there be an early flower when to harvest post every 5 minutes. Doesnt anyone read and learn anymore?

sorry to pick on here but that flower is still in peak growth. Of course no amber is showing yet.

i mean if the flower is mostly white pistils look foward to how big they will get not how soon they will be harvested too early to get anyone high.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Still lots of white hairs - at least a week prolly 2 or 3 it will be worth the wait both in yield and potency
TY for responding. This, I shall do. I hope my plant doesn't die of old age lol. It's showing signs of either nutrient deficiency/excess....I'm not sure which. I gave her a mild shot of Cal-Mag today, plain water the rest of the way.

ArrEll

ArrEll

3-4 weeks then start checking trichomes. How can there be an early flower when to harvest post every 5 minutes. Doesnt anyone read and learn anymore?

sorry to pick on here but that flower is still in peak growth. Of course no amber is showing yet.

i mean if the flower is mostly white pistils look foward to how big they will get not how soon they will be harvested too early to get anyone high.
We had a BAD Cold Snap last week/into this week. Below Zero, my furnace was going at top speed. I put a thermometer in there on the floor....it never got below 22 C (about 72 degrees F), but that Cold may have arrested development a bit.....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We had a BAD Cold Snap last week/into this week. Below Zero, my furnace was going at top speed. I put a thermometer in there on the floor....it never got below 22 C (about 72 degrees F), but that Cold may have arrested development a bit.....

looks fine. Nice white growing pistils. The calyx will grow and swell out almost to the end of those pistils. If there is nutrient buildup just flush sofresh water through and re feed a lesser dose of nutrients. Dont stop feeding now if you want good yield and potency.

If you want more help put up some good pics of the whole plant and whole flowers. And get some opinions.

And never use cal mag unless you know you need it and why.

Cloudytrichs

Cloudytrichs

View attachment 1088572

Cloudytrichs

Cloudytrichs

I'm gonna follow this thread. I just had 2 lowrider seeds break soil, growing hydroponic , I'm gonna pick your brain ArrEll.

ArrEll

ArrEll

I'm gonna follow this thread. I just had 2 lowrider seeds break soil, growing hydroponic , I'm gonna pick your brain ArrEll.
Two things you should know: I'm a Newbie, and this has been a Soil grow, not Hydro. But OK.

ArrEll

ArrEll

Update ONE WEEK LATER: Here are a few pics of buds. Pistils now about 1/2 Orange, 1/2 White - trichomes 1/3rd Clear, 2/3rds Cloudy, no Amber still. Taking forever. Still have a week or two to go. I check them morning & night now. Some progress at Fattening the buds this week, but not much.

Sorry - photos not the best.

Feb27A

Feb27C
Feb27B

Feb27B
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Probably not lowryder strain, this is a pic of blueberry ryder and it finished in 60 days.

20190201 063336
ArrEll

ArrEll

Probably not lowryder strain, this is a pic of blueberry ryder and it finished in 60 days.

"Not Lowryder"...that's what I've been thinking. Well, it's almost done; I'll wait another 2 weeks I guess. Or - as long as it takes.

ArrEll

ArrEll

"Not Lowryder"...that's what I've been thinking. Well, it's almost done; I'll wait another 2 weeks I guess. Or - as long as it takes.
OK took a jeweler's loupe to the trichomes, and FINALLY saw some Amber. Not on the leaves...on the BUDS. Nice. Not all of them yet, but on about 1/3rd. The rest of the plant is looking real Ratty (no pic, sorry lol), but I think in the next few days I'll be harvesting it. Just in time, as I've got two Juvenile plants topped & tied down and ready to take center stage under the light. They are Afghan Feminized Photos in 2 gal fabric pots with Ocean Forest & lots of Perlite, about 5 weeks old now. I can't wait!

Latest posts

Top Bottom