LST project - Summer 2020 PNW

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Normally I just let my girls go (see the pics in the threads in my sig). This year, I'm growing just two plants. One Kush, one Origional Glue, both from Nirvana Seeds, both start 4/1 or so. They are outside now, and I'm going to LST them to create a hedge, sort of espellier style. In the pic, the diagonal strings go SE and SW, respectively. The straight strings goe E-W. The plants are topped and trimmed to four tops. I will grow one top along each string, letting the branches come up. Lets see what happens. BTW, these are the sick little babies I posted on in May. I think they recovered. ;-)

Lst project   summer 2020 pnw
Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm playing around with the same thing this summer due to a low plant population in my tent. I'm curious to see how this goes for you.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Looks like there doing nicely I’ve done a similar style but I use concert Reo cage wire kind of a heavy duty scrog net but after selecting the branches or grew a rectangular hedge each of the 4 main branches had 10 colas rising each cola got to 24 to 28” and dry weight each cola was 1.9 Oz . NL #5 was the plant I used , happy growing enjoy your summer . Od .

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Looks like there doing nicely I’ve done a similar style but I use concert Reo cage wire kind of a heavy duty scrog net but after selecting the branches or grew a rectangular hedge each of the 4 main branches had 10 colas rising each cola got to 24 to 28” and dry weight each cola was 1.9 Oz . NL #5 was the plant I used , happy growing enjoy your summer . Od .
I expect to do about 2/3 of that, based on past harvests. The plants were started early, are very healthy, should at least equal prior averages of 3lbs/plant. This should be pretty much a hedge in a couple months. I'm mostly trying to keep them lower/less visible to reduce theft risk. If they are easier to trim, that would be a pleasant bonus.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cool nice haul here’s a bag seed plant I’m setting up to do the box hedge style in spring I like to start training early got 4 main branches let’s see what happens . Hope you do t mind my pic I will delet if you want OMR .

43D05C31 3479 4BAF BB03 90D94121A39A
Reactions: Ina
Noise.Boy

Noise.Boy

Nice flowers !! I had a small varmint problem my first year growing, lost one plant, 15 x 13... not wanting a repeat performance, I went to the mountain to visit the guy that gave me my start, old school hippie, dirt farmer, his solution .... plant something around your garden for the varmints to eat, so I did. I chose corn. Maybe I'm just lucky, but not one problem since.

Happy growing.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Nice flowers !! I had a small varmint problem my first year growing, lost one plant, 15 x 13... not wanting a repeat performance, I went to the mountain to visit the guy that gave me my start, old school hippie, dirt farmer, his solution .... plant something around your garden for the varmints to eat, so I did. I chose corn. Maybe I'm just lucky, but not one problem since.

Happy growing.
Moles don't eat plants. The lil fucker was just making a mess everywhere. I've been trying to get him for three years.

Top Bottom