LST Question from a first time grower

• Thread starter dray451
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dray451

First time grower, indoor 2x2x6 bubba kush photo feminized in soil in 5 gallon pot 32 days old. Due to time constraints I cannot top so would just like to do/learn LST. Am I on the right track ? Trying to get light to smaller leaves on lower nodes. Thanks for any feedback or assistance. Cheers
Lst question from a first time grower
Lst question from a first time grower 2

D

dray451

Perfect! You can even prune (cut) some leaves that are blocking light to the lower nodes. I always do only a few at a time as long as the plant is healthy and if you prune after you water it will recover quicker.
Thank you for the advice and feedback.

quirk

quirk

Or you can remove popcorn producing lower nodes and send the energy to more productive bud sites. Just an option. When using fabric, fill your bag and grommets are your friend. Good luck with a good looking plant.
Auto BlueBerry Domina and auto God's glue.

Ready to remove
Equal and opposite
16 Oz
D

dray451

Or you can remove popcorn producing lower nodes and send the energy to more productive bud sites. Just an option. When using fabric, fill your bag and grommets are your friend. Good luck with a good looking plant.
Auto BlueBerry Domina and auto God's glue.
Thanks for the info. I'm reluctant to top as I have a time window and don't feel I could fit in the potential recovery time. It's also my first grow so cutting is a little terrifying lol.

quirk

quirk

Understood. I went through a tough learning curve but the rewards are worth it. First attempt 2oz, 5th attempt 8oz. None of these plants were topped. Only removed under node 4 and nodes spread around the pot throughout grow. All autos.

Cut out Solo Cups
Done
D

dray451

Understood. I went through a tough learning curve but the rewards are worth it. First attempt 2oz, 5th attempt 8oz. None of these plants were topped. Only removed under node 4 and nodes spread around the pot throughout grow. All autos.
What exactly do you mean when you say only removed under node 4? Does trimming leaves not stress the plant as much as cutting the main stem? Thanks for your help.

quirk

quirk

What exactly do you mean when you say only removed under node 4? Does trimming leaves not stress the plant as much as cutting the main stem? Thanks for your help.
When my plant shows a mature fifth node (day 17-21) I remove all growth under the fourth node and break apical dominance. I do this in order to remove lower popcorn producing bud sites and redirect that energy to the nodes and bud sites that I can train around the pot and give maximum light exposure. Benefits include larger yields, ease of feeding, great air circulation, ease of training and a healthy stress free grow. This is the structure I try to achieve. Separated nodes around the pot with nothing between them and the light. This works for my auto grows.

LST Anatomy
DJK12

DJK12

Damn good advice right there! I find myself being hesitant over doing it all at once cause I feel it stresses my plants out. Yours looks absolutely incredible! It's a MONSTER! 🤩

T

Tyrant

First time grower, indoor 2x2x6 bubba kush photo feminized in soil in 5 gallon pot 32 days old. Due to time constraints I cannot top so would just like to do/learn LST. Am I on the right track ? Trying to get light to smaller leaves on lower nodes. Thanks for any feedback or assistance. Cheers
View attachment 1988799View attachment 1988800
I rushed as well lol. Mostly cause of space but I topped and did lst then flipped to flower after 56 days. I'm now 4 weeks into flower.

20230602 062247
D

dray451

When my plant shows a mature fifth node (day 17-21) I remove all growth under the fourth node and break apical dominance. I do this in order to remove lower popcorn producing bud sites and redirect that energy to the nodes and bud sites that I can train around the pot and give maximum light exposure. Benefits include larger yields, ease of feeding, great air circulation, ease of training and a healthy stress free grow. This is the structure I try to achieve. Separated nodes around the pot with nothing between them and the light. This works for my auto grows.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I had my first two tries go bad so my time window shrunk. Next grow i will be trying this technique. Thanks again.

DJK12

DJK12

I had a couple go bad my first time as well, plant completed ignored the topping I did on 2 out of 6 of my plants and just grew one main cola off to the side of it 😅 🤣impressed me how resilient it was, but wish it did what I meant it to do 😆

D

dray451

I rushed as well lol. Mostly cause of space but I topped and did lst then flipped to flower after 56 days. I'm now 4 weeks into flower.
Nice plant ! The wife has a trip booked for 25th wedding anniversary so there is no wiggle room there lol. I will try adding topping to some LST next grow . Cheers

Top Bottom