Lst thoughts

• Thread starter marthajeep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marthajeep

marthajeep

Hey Farmer folks! It’s been over a decade since I’ve grown last and times have changed to say the least. So it’s time to grow! So I have two plants growing both around 3 weeks from germ. My setup is a 1,000w led 30” above with dimmers, my temp stays around 77 and humidity right about 50. No nutes. I’m growing RQS gorilla auto and Autoseeds dreamberry (trifoliate) both of which are just bellow 3.5 inches currently at day 20. Last night I started lst with no problems, but this is my question, I understand the point behind lst is to provide more light to the under sites, but my plants are so short and bushy that even after tying down I’m not really getting much more light to lower nodes. So is the fact that the top is being held down going to allow for the lower nodes to grow through the leaves even though they aren’t really getting much more light? I’ll include a pic of each (gorilla, gorilla side, dreamberry), post lst. Advice is much appreciated!

Lst thoughts
Lst thoughts 2
Lst thoughts 3
Nugg

Nugg

Raise your light...36-40", bring down as plant get bigger and can handle better..that light has a small footprint

Munch517

Munch517

You'll have plenty of time to work with the plant and train it the way you want to, just don't move too quickly and do drastic things. Tying the plant down allows the lower branches to grow up taller and become sort of like additional tops, it can create a similar affect to topping, how much you do this depends on the area you're trying to cover. You basically just want to spread the plant out so its canopy takes up all the area where there's adequate light.

BudsAlive

BudsAlive

I'm gonna follow along, as I'm also growing gorilla auto from RQS, it is doing what is said in the info and really growing out . Popped the seed between Christmas and New year, and it's just coming into flower, I applied lst for the first time, and it didn't even notice. I'll take some pictures when family have gone. 👍 . Growing like a weed ! Hahaha

marthajeep

marthajeep

Ok folks, I figured it was about time to start feeding (day21). I have a living soil mixed into the lower third of my pots. Today I noticed what looks to me like cal/mag deficiency, yes both. It would make sense bc I have not fed and I’m using ro water (already have it for aquarium top-off). I received my roots organic veg and bloom today and also blue planet nutes organic cal/mag. I top dressed the grow and added cal/mag to my water, both at half amount directed. Thoughts?

AFD2EF95 674B 46AD 8198 0DA938D1258B
marthajeep

marthajeep

It’s been 3 days since lst. I think the deficiency progressed just a touch, but I think I caught it early and the calmag is doing its job along with with their first feeling. Still a bit concerned that they are small, but I think it’s focused on growing out the side branches and sites. I’ve read through a ton of grow diaries of the same strain and some have mentioned it tends to take off once in flower. I just started to see preflowers in the last day or two, I’m just going to leave them alone for now aside from food and water and cross my fingers that they explode soon. Funny thing is two different strains growing almost identically, at least to this point. Day 22 Gorilla 1, Dreamberry 2.

2BE74096 2B4B 47CE 91D7 0822E46F415C
8BD01216 F3EE 4C2C 9CA2 CD35C702236F

Latest posts

Top Bottom