LST tie down in flower - how long for ?

• Thread starter GeorginaGilbert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

Hi ! UK BASED FTG
so basically the landlord decided a month ago the house needs a rewire so I had to put my plants outside in a small greenhouse! Anyway they’ve grown huge one is bigger then I am (5ft3) and neighbours could easily see them from a window 😬😬 so I’ve had to tie them down in week one of flower. How long do I keep them tied down for? As I tied them down during veg and the storks grew over the string - oops. It caused a little damage cutting the string out and I don’t want the same to happen in flower. And any other tips for keeping them hidden outside 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve ordered a washing line to put in front of the greenhouse 😂😂😂
Thanks!

Lst tie down in flower   how long for
elduderito

elduderito

it looks like you're going to run out of head room if you don't do something pretty drastic - that plant is still going to stretch a lot ...

you can keep the ties in place for as long as you/plant need - just make sure to watch that they aren't too tight and 'choking' the branches...

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you want to remove the string or wire, wait a week or more, until the "damaged" part of the stem, where you bent it, has hardened into a knot-like structure.

When not tied down, the plant miraculously straightens itself. It's permanent after that first week or so.

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

it looks like you're going to run out of head room if you don't do something pretty drastic - that plant is still going to stretch a lot ...

you can keep the ties in place for as long as you/plant need - just make sure to watch that they aren't too tight and 'choking' the branches...do you suggest anytthing

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

I know - that pic is it tied down too as far as I could get it without breaking it as it’s soo chunky. Do you suggest anything? Like I said FTG and it’s really been a disaster one way or another so far! What a time to rewire the house 😂

elduderito

elduderito

I suggest a bigger greenhouse 🤪

It's hard to tell how much space you actually have.
it seems like you could do some pretty aggressive topping/pruning to get it down to about 50-60% of your total allowed height - it's better to have a smaller more manageable plant than a monster you can't really control.... also best to do any topping/pruning now before it starts to flower....

Latest posts

Top Bottom