LST TRAINING HELP.

• Thread starter Chris Mullen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

Hi i am a newbie grower, ive never done lst training before , whats the best method i can use, seeing as my plant is more bushy, and hasnt got long stems on the fans leafs to pinn back. What should i do?

Lst training help
Lst training help 2
Lst training help 3
Lst training help 4
Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

Shes under 1 x 600w led fullspec,
And x2 50w leds full spec too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I thought about Top and scrogg, but
If i top it would that be too much stress ontop of transplanting? And im not the best grower as this is my first grow.
Give it a week after transplant then top of concerned but a couple days should be fine. Looks happy and healthy to me so I wouldnt be concerned. Top just before lights out and she should be good to go by morning.

Chris Mullen

Chris Mullen

Give it a week after transplant then top of concerned but a couple days should be fine. Looks happy and healthy to me so I wouldnt be concerned. Top just before lights out and she should be good to go by morning.
When topping should i wait for the first of the new ? Or would u just top whatevers ontop at the time?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

You would want to cut it several nodes down from the top, this will leave you with a piece large enough to keep as a clone. If you want to just do LST bend the motor of the plant down gently and tie it off to the pot so it doesn’t unbend itself. Try not to snap the stem.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Easier for you to see it being done than try to explain. Just clip the top of the plant off just above any node. In your case I would do the top node. Sometime people let em grow big enough to sex then top in which case sometimes they take more off to bring the height down. Others take the topped portion and use it as a clone.

Here is a vid.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man! I was sp nervous as its my first plant, i took off two small fan leafs with it and have put them into a bottle just touching the water. Would this be the way you do it.?
Some do. I use peat pellets others use rapid rooters or rockwool.

Lots of info out there on cloning. I cut stem at 45 and scrape the outer skin then into rooting powder and peat pellet.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

If you have some space and a bit of room, this is what I would suggest. When it gets a bit bigger, take and start as many clones as you can if/when you trim off bottom branches. The idea is to make a bunch of extra plants and just play.

When I started I was always hesitant and worried about screwing something up. The more plants you have, the more opportunity you have to experiment and get comfortable and learn. Go bend the fuck out of them, trim, etc. see what you can do and how they respond. It will take some hesitation away if they are just to play.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks man! I was sp nervous as its my first plant, i took off two small fan leafs with it and have put them into a bottle just touching the water. Would this be the way you do it.?

I clone in a glass of water. I submerge the whole stem. Usually shows roots in 10 days to a couple weeks. Then i plant in a cup of soil. I know its viable like tap rooting a seed.

BigCube

BigCube

Do what I did to my new gelato, drop your carbon filter on it from 6ft up snapping the mainstem in half, and breaking 3 lower branches.

5 days later its fully recovered and way more suited for scrog 🤣

Top Bottom