LST with very tight nodes

• Thread starter Ozmosis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Greetings. I have a question on LST. I have 2 auto flowers at 19 days. I have RQS Diesel Auto and Dutch Passion Xtreme. They have been growing well but the nodes are super tight and the fan leaves are huge. I had them at 300 ppfd the last week. I wanted to start LST on them this weekend to keep the height down a bit. Particularly the Extreme which even as an auto can go 4 to 5 feet according to Dutch Passion. The stems are also thickening up early maybe partly due to a Potassium Silicate foliar about a week ago. Anyway I appreciate any advice on manipulating the tight squat growth. First two pics are of the auto Diesel as her nodes are the tightest then the extreme showing the stem firming up then an overhead of both girls.

Lst with very tight nodes
Lst with very tight nodes 2
624x stemjpg
Lst with very tight nodes 4
E9noxis

E9noxis

I've been here before. I waited until the branches were a bit longer. I clipped a few leaves just for working space. I took the bottomest branches off because they don't turn into much anyway.

I'd say give them another week before training.

Otherwise, it's possible to start pulling the branches away. You just have to be a bit more careful and it's just that much harder to see.

Try tucking the fan leaves down below everything else.

Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

Idk if it helps any but I've got a couple peyote gorilla growing pretty similar and I pulled the main top over and tied it down by fan leaf instead of stem to let the lower branch's grow out to an easier canvas to work with
IMG 20220624 175540052
IMG 20220624 175556538

quirk

quirk

In the first pic, if nodes are tight, I wait for a mature 5th node and remove under 4. On the leggy auto blue amnesia in the next three pics, I began when I got a mature 4th node, Day 19, removed under 3 and broke apical dominance and it's game on.
Last pic was taken today.

Cleaned under four
Day 19 ready to lst
Removed under 3
Blue amnesia Day 21
Lockeboxgrows

Lockeboxgrows

In the first pic, if nodes are tight, I wait for a mature 5th node and remove under 4. On the leggy auto blue amnesia in the next three pics, I began when I got a mature 4th node, Day 19, removed under 3 and broke apical dominance and it's game on.
Last pic was taken today.
I like your 'counter' tie holding the base of the stem straight in the soil, it's so brilliant yet simple lmao disappointed in myself for not thinking about that šŸ¤£

Ozmosis

Ozmosis

Thanx for the pics Quirk! Always useful to see a visual.

I was thinking removing some leaves might need to be done. Just don't want to trigger a stress response as II understand autos react to lower levels of stress than photo periods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom