Lucky Dog and Iguana Juice. Thoughts and advice?

• Thread starter idkleine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

idkleine

Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone feels like giving me some advice on my situation. I will give all the info I can. I am an indoor grower, using 1930e LEDs and I have decent climate control. I am using a recirculating drip irrigation system with AN Iguana juice and Lucky dog growing medium in I believe #3 pots. I water once per cycle for 15mins when the plants are awake and their metabolism is high. I keep my nutrient solution around 6.4 PH, and only have to use about an ounce of AN PH up per 50 gal to get it up to that number. It does drift down a bit over a few days and I add about the same amount every 3-4 days. about once a week I mix a completely new batch of nutes/water. My plants seem very healthy. Good color and rapid growth, however the buds are not setting well and the top colas are not bulking up at all, particularly on the shorter heavy indica strains. These strains are MTF, Grandaddy purps, Chemo. I have a strain I call Critical that may be Critical Kush, that is a bit taller, narrower leaves, skinny stems, and very light green buds, and this strain is bulking up decently. The heavy Indies are growing super stumpy short and the buds are not bulking up well at all lately. I am using the Iguana Juice bloom at full strength (4-3-6) and have been switching over to it the day they go into 12/12, which I'm wondering if that is a mistake. The Iguana juice Grow I use during veg is (3-1-3) and I get excellent results from it. I also use AN Big Bud(1-2-4) after week 2 of flower. The Lucky Dog soil says 0.40-0.20-0.05 for NPK. I am not using any Calcium supplements, and I have not been watching PPM which I understand I may need to do and will. My water is municipal currently but I give it days for the chlorine to evaporate. I do not filter it currently but am willing to install a RO if needed. Just hoping I can get some clues to get things working better in the short term and some tips on how to be a better grower. To be honest I've been growing for 20+ years and have had varying results. I feel I have learned a lot and am above amateur level, however I do not understand nutrients well and the Iguana Juice, which is organic, is new to me. I use to use pureblend pro with more reliable results, but also have always had the feeling that I could be doing
better.
Lucky dog and iguana juice thoughts and advice
Lucky dog and iguana juice thoughts and advice 2

I

idkleine

first pic is today. Just put em into flower so hoping to learn some things to use to improve this crop. second pic is maybe a week or so from harvest. Some leaf curling in the foreground that could be useful clues. I don't have any good pics of the shorter indica strains that are giving me trouble, but the buds are just super disjointed and scrawny. I am a very experienced mycologist if anyone wants to trade knowledge. I Don't expect anyone to help for free.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am not familiar with the nutrients you are using, someone will chime in and help you more than myself, your setup looks clean & serious, wish I could run that many plants at once,Cheers,SS Bump

I

idkleine

I am not familiar with the nutrients you are using, someone will chime in and help you more than myself, your setup looks clean & serious, wish I could run that many plants at once,Cheers,SS Bump
Thx SS. it is a pretty good setup. I'm feeling ready to really start understanding the nutrient side of things. I will start collecting as much data as I can and watching the plants closer.

I

idkleine

well I suppose Im talking to myself at this point, but I ordered some equipment to start watching PPMs in my reservoir and a meter for reading PH instead of drops. Hopefully if I can show some more metrics y'all will be inspired to share your wisdom.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I believe a lot of us are busy up-potting seedlings or clones, harvesting or just plain smokin! Iguana juice is Advanced Nutrients which plenty of growers use Advanced, but the Lucky Dog is Fox Farms and not as many of us use FF. I use Coco Royale and 30% perlite with Dyna-Gro product line. Bump SS

Top Bottom