lumenosity shock?

• Thread starter iscrog4food
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I recently finished construction on my first vert setup. I moved the plants into the room 2 days ago and they went very droopy on me. The temps did get a bit high for a little while (90 for a couple hours) but I dont think that is the cause of the drooping. I am in coco/perlite and I moved 6 plants from under a 1000 mh to 6k hps. I do have the lights a bit above the plants so they are about 2 feet from the leaves. Is this lumen shock? The plants were very healthy before and now they look like they are barely holding on. If this is lumen shock what should I do to fix or avoid it in the future? Also I did transplant them the day I switched them into the room so I dont know if that has something to do with it. I have been growing for a while but this is my first vert so I am learning.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Without more information its hard to be certain...more than likely its VPD caused by low RH. Try misting the ladies to increase the humidity around the stomata.
It will more than likely take a few days for them to return to growing but they will come back to life so to speak not long after you mist them, (lights out of coarse) if the issue is humidity related.
Another suggestion would be to only use 3-4k for the next week or so to allow them to acclimate to the new situation.
FJ

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

The Rh is definately really low about 16% compared to 35% in their veg room. I dont think it helped that i transplanted them the same day as I switched them but I dont have a veg room so I have to bring in the girls from somwhere else. Thanks for the help they are beginning to look better already after I raised the lights and turned one off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom