Lumens/sq ft question

• Thread starter florida flowers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

florida flowers

What is the ideal lumens per square ft? Only reason I ask is because I feel like my 1 600 isn't enough for a 10 x 10 x 10 room

L

LTG

You need a minimum of 2 1000w's .....most of these guys will most likely tell you 4 1000's or more, but a 1000w could effectively cover a 5x5 area (by what I have seen and read) and you basically have 4 of those. The more light the better! Also, I see that 7800 lumens per square foot is a nice number to get nice plants with nice yields. Some push 10,000 + per sq'. I personally would do something like make 4 rooms.

-Split the 10' Length in 1/2
-Measure 1' each way from center

That will give you a 2' Walkway. I'm not sure if you will need more than one walkway, but if you do, just do the same with the width. If you do that you will end up with 4 - 4x4 rooms. This way you could do different things - breed, grow different strains, perpetual, etc. This would also give you excellent lighting ....over 9000 lumens per sq'.

You also have the option of using some circular light movers. You could run 2 of those in one open area or even split the area in 2 and have one in each.

And if you have the money and you set-up your electricity properly, you can go vertical and use more lights, but the yields and plants are amazing. I would do a search on vertical and see what you come up with.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
As far as i have read ideal would be 100 lumen per sf to best match the sun... the only problem is the heat to deal with though.... I am running 84 lumen per sf and get large yields with it..

L

LTG

thefabman

Lumens or watts? Sounds like watts per sq' that you are talking about. If so, I see that you can get away with like 50 watts per sq', but see 70 or so is very accepted. Of course, back to the old saying, the more light the better .....so 100 would be Excellent!

If I am ever wrong about something, please tell me so I can know better and provide the best information that I can. I read as much as I can and sometimes mix things up too. I don't think what I said is wrong, but just in case :P

J

Jalisco Kid

For 80% of the strains I do not think you will get much more weight or quality going over 70w/sq'. Going over 50w without co2 is a bit of a waste. Suerte JK

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes my bad.... i did mean watts...

Jalisco i feel the same way, at a point more light does not help without the right atmosphere to use it..

F

florida flowers

Hey ltg were can I get a cirular light mover and have you heard good things about them? Also what do you mean set up my electricity right? What can I do to save costs? Or do you have any tips on how to do that?

R

r z n b a l l

10x10 room would in my case have a minimum of 2 1000w lights in it, 600w is good for 3x3 area

hubcap

hubcap

For 80% of the strains I do not think you will get much more weight or quality going over 70w/sq'.

this is the one id tend to agree with.
i used ta think 'gets as much in there as you can keep cool' but over time, ive realized its a waste.

Latest posts

Top Bottom