Lung room help, natural cellar

• Thread starter The_word
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_word

The_word

I have a small tent in a natural wine cellar which has a high relative Humidity. I have been trying to control with a small unit inside the tent but with minor success. I am waiting on delivery of a more powerful unit but have read that it is best to dehumidify the air outside the tent. I am worried that this may cause damage to the cellar and also be one hell of a job to bring down the RH to the levels. Is it possible to create a small lung room say in a box next to the tent? Thanks in advance lovely people

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have a small tent in a natural wine cellar which has a high relative Humidity. I have been trying to control with a small unit inside the tent but with minor success. I am waiting on delivery of a more powerful unit but have read that it is best to dehumidify the air outside the tent. I am worried that this may cause damage to the cellar and also be one hell of a job to bring down the RH to the levels. Is it possible to create a small lung room say in a box next to the tent? Thanks in advance lovely people
It is possible but I think the cellar is just a bad choice and asking for trouble but that’s my opinion

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I have given some thought to creating a two-tent system. One tent for growing and a second, smaller tent for a dehumidifier and a heater. The two tents would connected with air ducts to circulate the air between the two. One problem might be loss of carbon dioxide and other gases that the plants need. So some method might be needed to adjust the composition of the air. Controlling the heat could be a problem, too, so an air conditioner might be needed--and that could be a challenge. Other than those issues, it sounds interesting. There could be extensive control of the plants' environment. My guess is that the equipment tent or enclosure wouldn't need to be as big as the grow tent and could be made from simple materials.

Latest posts

Top Bottom