MAC F2 #8 Out of the Tents - How I Almost Lost Everything and Overcame the Odds

• Thread starter Jumpingspider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

This post is a continuation of my previous grow diary that outlines my MAC F2 phenohunt journey, which can be found here.

Hey Farmily,
It's been a while!

I moved out of the 2 bedroom apartment I had been in for the about 6-7 years, and into a 3 bedroom house (woo!) with plans to run a 3 room grow - flower, veg and dry rooms - and use the rest of the house as a "studio" apartment. I was so stoked to be upgrading my situation, but as it turned out it nearly could have cost me EVERYTHING, that is, if it weren't for, what I can only explain as divine intervention... which we will get into.

Here we are right before the move, my main mothers ready to deliver her next crop of cuttings, and my alternate mother (just in case).

20220101_1659571.jpg

Plus the few scraggly looking clones that made it to what you will see in the posts to follow.

I project managed the whole thing; planned it all out from HVAC to electric to cycle timings, got financing secured, was about to pull the trigger on thousands of dollars of capital investments and set it all up.... when the entire plan completely blew up in my face.

Ten whole days after I moved in, the woman I was renting from informed me that she would be moving back into the house no later than 6 months from then, and as per the month to month agreement, she was thereby giving me no less than 30 days notice required by state law. I fucking lost it. Some bullshit about her boyfriend becoming aggressive and extorting her... I'm not just taking this with a grain of salt, I'm shaking the whole damn salt shaker at this bitch.

I told her if I had known that, I would not have taken the place. In fact I told her several times prior to the agreement that I planned on staying for at least a year or two maybe more, and that I absolutely hate moving.

Nonetheless it was time to abort the mission, so I gave her my 30 days notice to vacate and began planning my escape. She did the honorable thing and offered to pay for my moving expenses. I immediately scheduled the movers and made plans to transport my then 2 mothers, 20 teens, and 30 clones ... but where to? We'll get to that in a bit -

THANKFULLY, I had not yet pulled the trigger on the mini-split and DE HPS and all the other equipment or set up a subpanel and all that.

Bullet dodged #1

In the meantime, we caught the omicron variant and shortly after, I was informed by my manager at work that I was being put on a Performance Improvement Plan, which, for those of you who don't know, is when your manager sets unattainable goals for you and makes you sign an agreement that you will hit those metrics so that they can justify firing you when you inevitably fail to live up to the ridiculous standards, despite outperforming your peers by a factor of 2X. Go figure.

Time to look for another job.

So my grow was still going in one of the rooms of the house, I had to pack up and plan another move, all while looking for a job, and working as hard as I could at my existing job to try and save myself. Basically was working 4 jobs at this point. Something had to give.

20220109_224821.jpg

So one day late January about a month and a half before my official "review," I lost my job- which was a blessing in disguise- as I absolutely detested my manager's leadership style, her condescending patronizing personality the way she talked to the team like we're five years old, and quite frankly... her fatness, not to mention the whole department was shitting the bed, so it was not just me ... something was up and she didn't like me and so there I go.

Funemployment! One less job to do! Woo hoo!

But I still had to pack everything back up and move again... but to where?

Well lucky for me, I still had my old 2 bedroom apartment to go back to. What was once a stroke of bad luck - giving 30 day notice on the 4th of December instead of the 1st meant that I was responsible for the full month of January. Fair is fair so I told the manager that I'd just keep the place for the time that I'm paying and vacate by Feb 1...

So I still had my place to go back to, although the disappointment of my failures really began to set in.

I had just taken 30 more cuts from the mothers and they actually turned out to be the best clones I had ever taken using Spray n Grow to prevent deficiencies. Everything had to be put into stasis until after the move.

20220129_021447.jpg

Fast forward to the Friday before the move.

I check the weather and it shows that a blizzard is coming in. The day. before. the move.
I had originally planned to move my plants on saturday, the day before the movers were to move my furniture on sunday...

I have to make a choice- do I move my grow on friday night before the snow comes and potentially get stuck down there until the next day, or worse, drop off the plants and then get stuck in the house and not get back to the plants until who knows when??

OR...

Do I just close the door on sunday and move all my furniture during the day and come back that night or monday morning to move the plants?

I have all my stuff packed up ready to go and I decide that's what I'm going to do. I'll move my plants after my furniture.

Friday night it was snowing sideways all night long. I called the moving company and told them about my driveway which is tough to get into (hilly area) and they reassure me that they will make it happen that they "move in blizzards."

20220129_025434.jpg

Once the sun came up, Saturday, I shoveled and cleared a path from the back door of the house to the driveway, had it salted and perfectly dried and clean, which is where I instructed the driver to move all my stuff out of when he called me to let me know he was on his way.

He said: "We will get it done by 3pm very fast we have 3 guys it will be quick."

I replied to him, "Great! 3 guys! I had 2 guys move me in so this should definitely be fast!"

Famous last words?

So the driver gets to the bottom of the driveway and tries to reverse in... and fails.... and fails again... and again. To the point where he gives up reversing in and pulls in front first. No big deal, just an additional 8 feet of walking for the movers to get to the back of the truck and load.

But to the driver it was a big deal. This guy was like a hitman from the russian mob type villain looking motherfucker. I am not a religious man but I am convinced that he was, in fact, the devil, in cahoots with the angels to protect me from what was to come but more on that later...

He had these daggers for eyes, and was skinny jacked and darted around trying to locate all the items that were listed. I showed him where everything was and he checked the items, then I had to show him one more thing in the garage and on the way down the painted stairs by the front door he actually slipped a little down a step or two and dropped his phone and key but was fine.

So we get started moving boxes and he instructs the 2 other drivers and myself that we would use the front door that had not been prepped like the back door, but nonetheless he had literally just actually slipped down half a flight so you can imagine where this goes.

That's right. We get halfway through all the boxes and this mother fucker takes a spill like a fuckin' pro insurance fraudster. Of course he milked it and layed there for a good 2 minutes and got up kinda sulking around eventually announcing that his back and shoulder were hurt and that he, and the other movers would not continue and that I would have to get other movers another day.

I ask why don't you take a rest and let these 2 other guys do the move. After all, 2 guys moved me in, right?

Out of this asshole's mouth comes words I'll never forget. "What are you crazy? Do you want someone to die because of your FURNITURE?!?"
"No," I said to him, "And do you think that a day later would be any different for the next crew that comes here?"

So they unload the truck and leave me standing around with all of my belongings packed into boxes in the garage.

I was absolutely stunned. How could this be happening. I told the landlord that I would be out by this afternoon, I have to reschedule movers? So I do that - call the moving company and get them to book me for the next day. Fine.

Its 1pm at this point, I sit in my car and send a text to the landlord letting her know that the mover got hurt and that I would be moving out a day later than planned.

Her reply:

"Ok... I expected to go into the house today as I am already in town. I wish I would have known this sooner. I was waiting until 2 because the move was supposed to be finished. At the least, can I get my mail please put it in a bag on the porch"

The fucking NERVE of this woman... I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS SOONER??!?!?!?

Really... you wish that I told you about the mover who, according to him almost died in a freak accident? What about your plans to move back after only a few months? That slipped your mind??

I was so pissed off I didn't realize the great miracle that was that mover busting his ass down the stairs and doing a yard sale with my book box.

It was the one thing that saved my whole grow from being discovered by someone who I'd rather not let know about. If he had not fallen and canceled, I would have left my plants as planned and just gone with the movers to return later that night. The landlord would have gone in while we were driving, and probably would have found my garden of weeden with 20 plants in solo cups that looked like this...

20220129_135654.jpg

It was go time. I knew what had to be done. I packed up everything I needed, cleared out the grow room and packed up my plants and booked it to the apartment where I would set up once again... only this time adapting my studio apartment style living and using the 2 bedrooms as a veg/drying room and a flower room... more to come about that.

20220130_175525.jpg

Did I mention that it was the night before the Lunar (Chinese) New Year? According to the Chinese Zodiac my luck was about to change... perhaps it already was midnight somewhere in the world because the universe seemingly conspired to create a scenario where all the bad luck actually SAVED my ass in the end.

And so we landed. In our new (old) home. At the old apartment where I had done my first three harvests in those tents.

20220202_150303.jpg

The next step was mounting the lights and transplanting the teens.

Done.

20220220_004931.jpg

And light-proofing the windows

20220221_191843.jpg

And planting the clones into solo cups and moving them into the veg room where they continue to thrive:

20220302_212421.jpg

And begin staking the flowering plants as they transition!!!

20220308_010757.jpg

To be continued...

PS. Yes, I got a new job, and Just started last week!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

But for real maybe that is your best best. Are those solo cups? if so instead of having to kill so many perfectly good cuts instead you can go on amazon and buy a pig pack of 1/2 gallon fabric pots for cheap. Repot all those in slightly bigger pots then immediately flip and run the sea of green. If that big mother plant wasn't sharing the same space it would be perfect. If the mom wasn't there you could repot each in 1 gallon fabric pots and really smash it out the park.

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

But for real maybe that is your best best. Are those solo cups? if so instead of having to kill so many perfectly good cuts instead you can go on amazon and buy a pig pack of 1/2 gallon fabric pots for cheap. Repot all those in slightly bigger pots then immediately flip and run the sea of green. If that big mother plant wasn't sharing the same space it would be perfect. If the mom wasn't there you could repot each in 1 gallon fabric pots and really smash it out the park.

That's just my current veg tent and I'll be upgrading to a 4x8 for veg shortly. I have space in my flower room to flower out another light's worth, maybe 16 of these teens in a 4x4 configuration. A couple will certainly become replacement mothers, also I have a friend who will be taking a few cuts to flower out, as well as some space for outdoor stuff.

I still have too many. LOL i guess too many is better than not enough and it's only a tiny amount of wasted nutrients at the end of the day.

I did actually just up-pot 16 of them into 2.6 gal 9" square pots where I'll be moving into the flower room once I get the new light in and hang it. Should be no more than 2 weeks which will give the newly transplanted time to recover.

I just need to decide if I want to upgrade to LED or grab another 630w CMH. Decisions...
20220312 133039

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Little update from the garden, day 19F - starting to set the flowers and getting stacked.
20220319 002702

We got a little leggy due to the move situation I couldn't flip to flower in time... I knew I didn't want to go horizontal - I'm looking for fewer bigger buds this time. Let them grow!

20220319 002329

20220319 002335

Soon I'll be defoliating and moving the junk out of the way so that I can get the third bank set up. I need to do something about my power cable situation.

20220319 002433

My next bank of 16 is getting hungry in their new pots. I need to up the CalMag I think, although the roots are poppin!
20220318 160330

20220318 155517

My buddy got a sick deal on some LUXX 645's so I'll be swapping out most of (if not all) of my CMH for those. Also I purchased the new Fluence FANG and should be arriving next week! I'm excited to do a side by side comparison.

More to come...

Jumpingspider

Jumpingspider

Into week 5 of flower! The time is flying by and the buds are starting to really stack. I think they've responded incredibly well to the new lighting. The environment certainly is cooler now without the CMH, just hoping the quality is as good.

20220324 002005

20220328 012407

20220326 184158

20220328 012314

20220328 012105

I will be flipping the next crop to flower under the Fluence FANG next week!

Bullybeans420

Bullybeans420

This post is a continuation of my previous grow diary that outlines my MAC F2 phenohunt journey, which can be found here.

Hey Farmily,
It's been a while!

I moved out of the 2 bedroom apartment I had been in for the about 6-7 years, and into a 3 bedroom house (woo!) with plans to run a 3 room grow - flower, veg and dry rooms - and use the rest of the house as a "studio" apartment. I was so stoked to be upgrading my situation, but as it turned out it nearly could have cost me EVERYTHING, that is, if it weren't for, what I can only explain as divine intervention... which we will get into.

Here we are right before the move, my main mothers ready to deliver her next crop of cuttings, and my alternate mother (just in case).

View attachment 1224590

Plus the few scraggly looking clones that made it to what you will see in the posts to follow.

I project managed the whole thing; planned it all out from HVAC to electric to cycle timings, got financing secured, was about to pull the trigger on thousands of dollars of capital investments and set it all up.... when the entire plan completely blew up in my face.

Ten whole days after I moved in, the woman I was renting from informed me that she would be moving back into the house no later than 6 months from then, and as per the month to month agreement, she was thereby giving me no less than 30 days notice required by state law. I fucking lost it. Some bullshit about her boyfriend becoming aggressive and extorting her... I'm not just taking this with a grain of salt, I'm shaking the whole damn salt shaker at this bitch.

I told her if I had known that, I would not have taken the place. In fact I told her several times prior to the agreement that I planned on staying for at least a year or two maybe more, and that I absolutely hate moving.

Nonetheless it was time to abort the mission, so I gave her my 30 days notice to vacate and began planning my escape. She did the honorable thing and offered to pay for my moving expenses. I immediately scheduled the movers and made plans to transport my then 2 mothers, 20 teens, and 30 clones ... but where to? We'll get to that in a bit -

THANKFULLY, I had not yet pulled the trigger on the mini-split and DE HPS and all the other equipment or set up a subpanel and all that.

Bullet dodged #1

In the meantime, we caught the omicron variant and shortly after, I was informed by my manager at work that I was being put on a Performance Improvement Plan, which, for those of you who don't know, is when your manager sets unattainable goals for you and makes you sign an agreement that you will hit those metrics so that they can justify firing you when you inevitably fail to live up to the ridiculous standards, despite outperforming your peers by a factor of 2X. Go figure.

Time to look for another job.

So my grow was still going in one of the rooms of the house, I had to pack up and plan another move, all while looking for a job, and working as hard as I could at my existing job to try and save myself. Basically was working 4 jobs at this point. Something had to give.

View attachment 1224540

So one day late January about a month and a half before my official "review," I lost my job- which was a blessing in disguise- as I absolutely detested my manager's leadership style, her condescending patronizing personality the way she talked to the team like we're five years old, and quite frankly... her fatness, not to mention the whole department was shitting the bed, so it was not just me ... something was up and she didn't like me and so there I go.

Funemployment! One less job to do! Woo hoo!

But I still had to pack everything back up and move again... but to where?

Well lucky for me, I still had my old 2 bedroom apartment to go back to. What was once a stroke of bad luck - giving 30 day notice on the 4th of December instead of the 1st meant that I was responsible for the full month of January. Fair is fair so I told the manager that I'd just keep the place for the time that I'm paying and vacate by Feb 1...

So I still had my place to go back to, although the disappointment of my failures really began to set in.

I had just taken 30 more cuts from the mothers and they actually turned out to be the best clones I had ever taken using Spray n Grow to prevent deficiencies. Everything had to be put into stasis until after the move.

View attachment 1224579

Fast forward to the Friday before the move.

I check the weather and it shows that a blizzard is coming in. The day. before. the move.
I had originally planned to move my plants on saturday, the day before the movers were to move my furniture on sunday...

I have to make a choice- do I move my grow on friday night before the snow comes and potentially get stuck down there until the next day, or worse, drop off the plants and then get stuck in the house and not get back to the plants until who knows when??

OR...

Do I just close the door on sunday and move all my furniture during the day and come back that night or monday morning to move the plants?

I have all my stuff packed up ready to go and I decide that's what I'm going to do. I'll move my plants after my furniture.

Friday night it was snowing sideways all night long. I called the moving company and told them about my driveway which is tough to get into (hilly area) and they reassure me that they will make it happen that they "move in blizzards."

View attachment 1224706

Once the sun came up, Saturday, I shoveled and cleared a path from the back door of the house to the driveway, had it salted and perfectly dried and clean, which is where I instructed the driver to move all my stuff out of when he called me to let me know he was on his way.

He said: "We will get it done by 3pm very fast we have 3 guys it will be quick."

I replied to him, "Great! 3 guys! I had 2 guys move me in so this should definitely be fast!"

Famous last words?

So the driver gets to the bottom of the driveway and tries to reverse in... and fails.... and fails again... and again. To the point where he gives up reversing in and pulls in front first. No big deal, just an additional 8 feet of walking for the movers to get to the back of the truck and load.

But to the driver it was a big deal. This guy was like a hitman from the russian mob type villain looking motherfucker. I am not a religious man but I am convinced that he was, in fact, the devil, in cahoots with the angels to protect me from what was to come but more on that later...

He had these daggers for eyes, and was skinny jacked and darted around trying to locate all the items that were listed. I showed him where everything was and he checked the items, then I had to show him one more thing in the garage and on the way down the painted stairs by the front door he actually slipped a little down a step or two and dropped his phone and key but was fine.

So we get started moving boxes and he instructs the 2 other drivers and myself that we would use the front door that had not been prepped like the back door, but nonetheless he had literally just actually slipped down half a flight so you can imagine where this goes.

That's right. We get halfway through all the boxes and this mother fucker takes a spill like a fuckin' pro insurance fraudster. Of course he milked it and layed there for a good 2 minutes and got up kinda sulking around eventually announcing that his back and shoulder were hurt and that he, and the other movers would not continue and that I would have to get other movers another day.

I ask why don't you take a rest and let these 2 other guys do the move. After all, 2 guys moved me in, right?

Out of this asshole's mouth comes words I'll never forget. "What are you crazy? Do you want someone to die because of your FURNITURE?!?"
"No," I said to him, "And do you think that a day later would be any different for the next crew that comes here?"

So they unload the truck and leave me standing around with all of my belongings packed into boxes in the garage.

I was absolutely stunned. How could this be happening. I told the landlord that I would be out by this afternoon, I have to reschedule movers? So I do that - call the moving company and get them to book me for the next day. Fine.

Its 1pm at this point, I sit in my car and send a text to the landlord letting her know that the mover got hurt and that I would be moving out a day later than planned.

Her reply:

"Ok... I expected to go into the house today as I am already in town. I wish I would have known this sooner. I was waiting until 2 because the move was supposed to be finished. At the least, can I get my mail please put it in a bag on the porch"

The fucking NERVE of this woman... I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS SOONER??!?!?!?

Really... you wish that I told you about the mover who, according to him almost died in a freak accident? What about your plans to move back after only a few months? That slipped your mind??

I was so pissed off I didn't realize the great miracle that was that mover busting his ass down the stairs and doing a yard sale with my book box.

It was the one thing that saved my whole grow from being discovered by someone who I'd rather not let know about. If he had not fallen and canceled, I would have left my plants as planned and just gone with the movers to return later that night. The landlord would have gone in while we were driving, and probably would have found my garden of weeden with 20 plants in solo cups that looked like this...

View attachment 1224711

It was go time. I knew what had to be done. I packed up everything I needed, cleared out the grow room and packed up my plants and booked it to the apartment where I would set up once again... only this time adapting my studio apartment style living and using the 2 bedrooms as a veg/drying room and a flower room... more to come about that.

View attachment 1224712

Did I mention that it was the night before the Lunar (Chinese) New Year? According to the Chinese Zodiac my luck was about to change... perhaps it already was midnight somewhere in the world because the universe seemingly conspired to create a scenario where all the bad luck actually SAVED my ass in the end.

And so we landed. In our new (old) home. At the old apartment where I had done my first three harvests in those tents.

View attachment 1224717

The next step was mounting the lights and transplanting the teens.

Done.

View attachment 1224718

And light-proofing the windows

View attachment 1224719

And planting the clones into solo cups and moving them into the veg room where they continue to thrive:

View attachment 1224720

And begin staking the flowering plants as they transition!!!

View attachment 1224723

To be continued...

PS. Yes, I got a new job, and Just started last week!
Nice im working with some cap genetics right now just trying to tighten them up and make them more consistant ..got any other capulator strains your working with

Top Bottom