MAC Stomper best female phenohunt

• Thread starter Buzzy12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
This will be my second phenohunt and this time around I'l only be keeping the six best females out of twelve regular seeds of MAC Stomper (M.A.C. × Grape Stomper OG). I started germinating the seeds on 11/29
Mac stomper best female phenohunt

Mac stomper best female phenohunt 2

Mac stomper best female phenohunt 3

This was today, already have a few seeds popping.
Mac stomper best female phenohunt 4

This run will start in 0.5 gal containers in a 3×2' AC Infinity tent with a HLG 100 V2 light and hopefully be transplanted up to 6 gal fabric containers for their final pots. Planning on a two week seedling phase once the seeds germinate and then another 6 weeks in the Veg stage before flipping the lights to 12/12. I'm considering buying Octopots to make watering a lot easier and more efficient.
The Flower tent will be a 4×4 Vivosun and I'l be running two of the HLG 350Rs in there. I moved the tents upstairs into a spare bedroom to keep the temp more consistent. I've already run into that problem in the unfinished basement in Maine and we haven't even gotten into the real winter weather yet. I'l be using the organic line from Advanced Nutrients, had great success again with them last grow. Looking forward to seeing how this goes. Always exciting opening a pack of seeds and starting another journey with new life!

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Three days later all twelve seeds have germinated.
20221202 151753

Put them in 0.5 gal containers. A scoop of Coast of Maine Stonington Blend in the bottom and two scoops of Coast of Maine Seed Starter. Made a thumbprint in the middle of the soil, pop the seed in root facing down, and pour some water on it. They're in the 3×2' AC Infinity tent with the HLG 100V2. 150 PPFD right now at the top of the containers. No fan on at the moment and a small humidifier running. Shooting for 75-80°F and 60-70% RH.
20221202 161340

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

How long have you used autopots for bro. Im using them at the monent.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I got a pack peanut butter stomper I intend on hunting this winter I wanna see how this plays out. Good luck!

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
How long have you used autopots for bro. Im using them at the monent.
I haven't used any kind of autopots yet, but those Octopots look pretty sweet. I like the fact that there's no pump needed and I can still grow in organic soil. They actually recommend soil that I like a lot, Sunshine Grower's Advanced Mix #4. I think they're gonna have to wait until the next grow though. I don't think I'l have enough space to fit 6 plants in 6 gals of medium and that's the smallest bags they sell. I already ordered AC Infinity self watering bases and I'l be using those instead this run.

Are you using Octopots or a different brand of auto watering pots? @Brettdawg

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
The self watering bases are the same concept as the Octopots and from the looks of it the autopot system you're using. The water is delivered from the bottom up through the medium by the magic of capillary action. I have seen a similar system to the Octopots system work extremely well for a vegetable garden so once I saw that I was intrigued to say the least. They claim 80-90% less water/nutrients than traditional soil grows with better results and all you have to do is keep the nutrient reservoir stocked. No more hand watering.

I'm a firm believer in the benefits of fabric grow bags. The Rain Science bags I have now are the best I've used and I've tried quite a bit of them. Water does leak out the side of the bags if you water too fast when the medium is dry, but I think they do the best job of air pruning the roots. The plastic containers work great for smaller plants, but fabric is the way to go for final containers. They allow the roots to grow better which allows the plants to drink more which leads to better overall growth and heavier yields.

Something I have yet to try is hydro or aeroponics. I don't like the fact that those systems rely on a pump working, but the plants also rely on lights turning on inside to survive as well. I tried the Clone King aeroponics cloner. Worked great for my first set of clones with it. Tried to use it again a few months later and the pump didn't work anymore. The clones do just fine in Root Riot cubes. I am curious if there is a difference in taste from using organic soil vs hydro/aeroponics. I would use the same nutrients. Advanced Nutrients organic line is good for both. Another great aspect of hydro/aeroponics is there is no medium to recycle. The plants do grow faster/bigger in hydro/aeroponics.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 5 of the seedling stage. Might have lost #11 overnight, not exactly sure why. It looked like it had plenty of water. Not the worst thing. I'm only keeping six to Flower, only the strong survive. I gave them all more water, just filtered tap water. Some are starting to get a bit leggy.

An issue I have with the HLG 100V2 is that it does not have a dimmer. The seedlings are around 200 PPFD now, maybe going up to 300 later on today by moving the light a little bit closer in an attempt to stop them from stretching so much. I also set up another fan in there at the top of the tent that's oscillating 24/7 and the closer fan is on 18/6 off with the lights. Temp is at 78-80° with the lights on, 68-70° off and the RH is between 60-70%.
From this angle, #1 is top left, #4 is top right, #9 is bottom left, #12 is bottom right.
20221207 094028

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 6, all twelve seedlings are still alive. I did move the light closer last night to get the PPFD closer to 300.
20221208 084034

Also took a couple of clones off of each of the Colombian Miracle plants I plan on keeping, #5 and #12 female and #10 male.
20221207 202318

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 7 of growth, not much growth in the last couple of days. Maybe the light is too close now.
20221209 092506

20221209 092526

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
They're barely growing at this stage, nothing too exciting. I think I overwatered them when I watered last and they're finally drying out so hopefully see a bit more growth per day over the next few days. I'm already thinking I'l be trying a different medium for starting the next batch of seeds to see if I can jumpstart the initial growth. Something a lot fluffier with better drainage. Maybe just use the Sunshine Advanced Growers Mix #4 from the beginning.

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Day 12 of growth, sprayed them yesterday after the lights turned on with a 2 tsp/32 fl oz solution of Clonex. See if I can push growth a bit, they're growing so slow right now.
20221214 091033

Latest posts

Top Bottom